A few suggestions for the chat room...

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
A few suggestions for the chat room...

Post by ~JCGJ~ »

I have no idea how much control you have over what features the chat room has, but I'll ask anyway...

Would it be possible to have a little notification thing when someone logs in, or makes a post? Nothing fancy, but maybe just a little ding, or maybe just make the tab flash, or just something to let you know that someone has said something, if you aren't looking at the chat room page directly...

Also, maybe there could be a thing on the main page that would show who's in the chatroom?
That would be nice so I wouldn't have to wait five minutes for my computer to load the page, just to see who's online...

Just a couple ideas.
I don't even know if you're able to do any of it, but I thought it was worth asking...
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Nobody in power on the board has any control over the chatroom, that's all Tim's domain, and I'm typically the route to communicating with him.

1. That would be under the control of Mibbit, or whichever of the three options you use, or in your external client (Pidgin, Xchat, etc.)

2. I feel like that's been discussed at one point... I may go ask him. But you can see a list here if you want, and it shouldn't take long to load.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

It would be cool if there was a messaging system. Like for when you "look" for someone, you could leave them a message for when they get on the chat again.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

It would be cool if there was a messaging system. Like for when you "look" for someone, you could leave them a message for when they get on the chat again.
That would be an IRC thing.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Yes, the chat is IRC...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.