Your First Car?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

What was your first car?

Chevy Cavalier
No votes
Chevy Impala
10%
Ford Taurus
5%
Honda Accord
No votes
Honda Civic
5%
Pontiac Grand Am
No votes
Pontiac Grand Prix
No votes
Toyota Camry
10%
Toyota Corolla
No votes
Bugatti Veyron Super Sports
No votes
Something other than the few on this list.
43%
I haven't ever owned a car before!
29%

Total votes: 21

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Your First Car?

Post by American Eagle »

I just bought a 2003 Ford Taurus SES, which is running great. \:D/
Which made me wonder what cars you guys owned first? Is is still running?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

My first car was a 1999 Saturn something.

My second car was Geo Storm. It looked like this except with black racing stripes.

My third car was an old granny 1988 Buck LeSabre. I still have her but she is about to get sold for as much money as someone will pay me for her.

And we JUST bought a 2002 Subaru Impreza. I'm stoked for this car. It's cute and practical.

...which is to say that I sold the first two because I'm a bad car picker and they became too expensive to fix. The third car my dad picked and it's been pretty reliable up until recently.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

My first car and current car is a Chevy Impala.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

My first car was a 1995 Lincoln Continental that had belonged to my mother. I hated it. I sold it when I bought a 2003 Ford Escape that I traded in December for my 2012 Ford Escape, which I absolutely love. Especially Sirius Satellite Radio. Driving where ever listening to a NASCAR race is the life!! Plus no more cassette adapter when I want to listen to my iPod!!
Last edited by Laurie on Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

My first car, which is my current car as well, is a century Buick that used to belong to my mom. I'm moving soon and I'm going to have to leave my car at home though. :(
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I don't have a picture of my first car handy, but it was a 1990 Chevy Beretta, that looked basically like this, except silver.

It fairly consistently had problems, but was still a fun first car... my current car is my second that I got in '03 and it its still going... \:D/
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

My first car was a 91 Toyota Deluxe Pickup. It ran like a champ, aside from the fact I'm pretty tall and there wasn't much leg room in it, and there was only room for 1 passenger, I loved it. I'm now the proud owner of a 2005 SS Impala, it's a BEAST. 0-60 in 6.5, supercharged engine, and the gas, while not phenomenal, is nowhere near horrible.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I personally don't own a car yet, but I have mostly driven my parents' red honda accord. It's a pretty good car; despite the fact that I've gotten in accident while driving it (my fault, too :- ) and backed into a post.

Till the end of the line.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

My first and current car isn't mine exclusively...it used to be my Granny's, and when she wanted a new car, she gave her old one to me and my sister to share. \:D/ It's a silver '02 or '03? Subaru Forester. :yes: Nice little car.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Kait wrote: My third car was an old granny 1988 Buck LeSabre. I still have her but she is about to get sold for as much money as someone will pay me for her.
:highfive: My first car was a white 1990 (or maybe 1991?) Buick LeSabre. It was a family vehicle - it has belonged to my grandparents back in the day, and then my parents drove it for a few years, and then it was all mine. \:D/ I really loved that car. I spend endless hours driving to university and work in that car. It had about 460,000 kms on it before it finally became less reliable and it wasn't worth the cost of fixing it. The car I bought after that a few years ago (my current vehicle) is a Buick Century because after years of driving a Buick, no other car felt right...and the newer, fancier models were a tad out of my price range. ;)

Enjoy your new car, AE! \:D/ I wish you many happy years together. :sniff:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

.....:inlove:

The earliest memory I have of her is watching my sister play Spyro while crying and trying to keep my heels out of her reach, as my dad kept driving into them. :(

EDIT I forgot; I'm inheriting my dad's four door silver truck (Dodge? xP Not sure) in a few years once he needs a new work vehicle. \:D/ I've always wanted a truck. I'll probably be sharing something with Aeva for the time being, however, as that's at least another four or five years in the future.
Last edited by Termite on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Wow, actual posting in a car topic?

I have yet to get my first car, as I have yet to get my license (soon) and a job, but it will be a 90's full-size truck, regular cab, long bed, V6 (for better fuel economy), and preferably a manual transmission, although that part is rare these days.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
fiddlergirlsusy
Just visiting

Post by fiddlergirlsusy »

I have my license, but I don't have a car. I won't get one though until I finish college (which won't be for several years). :( When I do, though, I want to get either a lime green or blue Toyota or Dodge full-size truck. :D
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

1989 Chevy Celebrity. Died just over a year and a half after I got it.
On my second car now, a 1995 Buick Century that I don't quite trust anymore.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

A gray 2001 Saturn.. which I spent three grand of my own money on, and then rolled it a year later on a gravel road. :(
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I've never had a car, but I'm getting my driver's license soon, so I'm hoping to get a car sometime within the next year. I have no idea what kind of car I'll end up getting. I just want something that has air conditioning, a radio and CD player, and has enough room to be able to transport all my instruments for band and stuff.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Charis

Post by Charis »

My first and current is a '78 Mercedes-Benz. Cherry red color. :inlove:

I like it for the color. lol.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Statistically, red cars are more likely to get pulled over. \:D/
Last edited by Kait on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Kait wrote:Statistically, red cars are more likely to get pulled over. \:D/
When I bought my current Escape which is gray, I originally wanted red but the friend and sales man talked me out of red for precisely that reason. I have not been pulled over in my new truck yet and I think it is because the truck is gray.
Last edited by Laurie on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

My uncle works for auto insurance and he told me things like red or orange cars are less likely to get pulled over these days because the police are going after the crazy colors like deep purple or lime green or something.

Also, Charis... pics. please.