snobby vegetarians

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

snobby vegetarians

Post by bookworm »

Have you ever heard one of those types of vegetarians that thinks they’re so superior because they eat that way? Did you know they are actually mentioned in the Bible?
Romans 14:2-3 wrote:One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him.
If someone chooses to be a vegetarian that’s up to them, but they should not hold it over people who don’t make the same choice.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I'm pretty sure that's specifically about the Jewish law, not vegetarians, some people think it's ok to eat meat and some people think it's not according to the law of the Torah. And during the early church years, that would have been a big issue, whether or not to continue with the law of the Torah.

http://www.mychangedmind.com/2009/10/20 ... ans-142-3/
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

But it doesn’t say one eats meat and one doesn’t, it says one eats everything and one eats only vegetables.