Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm pretty meh on DC and have only seen a few things here and there. I saw Aquaman a while back and wasn't amazed. It was fine, just not enough to make me want to invest in the universe. I watched the trailer to see if it might change my mind, but I think I'll just stick to not bothering. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Oh really, I think this looks awesome! Aquaman is the only DC movie other than the first Wonder Woman that I've cared about and I've been looking forward to this finally coming out.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

My reaction might be an outlier, at least partly based in lack of interest in caring about the DC universe. :shrug: There's a lot of stuff to watch, and this just doesn't look that great to me, but I'm also not at all invested in the characters or connections.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

-- September 16th, 2023, 10:55 pm --

I don't care about the greater DC movie universe either, it's been a disaster. The first Aquaman movie specifically, just as a singular thing, was one of the most enjoyable movie watching experiences I've ever had though! I just loved how apologetically nuts it is. So I've been looking forward to seeing this one just for more of that.

-- December 31st, 2023, 4:24 pm --

I had been hearing pretty negative reactions since this came out, so I was prepared to be let down, but I actually genuinely enjoyed it.

I loved the creature and tech designs in this, and there were some really neat action set pieces. I thought it was cool that there was one scene that was done pretty much as a space battle even though they were underwater, and I liked that for a while it became a Skull Island movie with the group surviving a forest full of mutant plants and animals.

All I wanted was a wild time, and it certainly delivered that.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Good to hear that you liked it! There can be a difference between good reviews and a movie that's fun to watch.