Cheese

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Steve wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:18 am one time i worked in a grocery store bakery and i sold this like 9,000 year-old lady an apple pie and she wouldn't stop talking about how much she likes cheese with her apple pie (this is probably one of those things that they did during like world war ii or something). anyway, my shift was over and she still hadn't let me ring her up so i called over my sister, who also worked in this grocery store bakery, and made her keep talking to this lady while i went home. she told me that lady talked about apple pie and cheese for like twenty more minutes.

anyway, the apple and the cheese might be good together! i wouldn't know. i haven't tried it.
i remember as a kid reading one of the original boxcar children books, which i think came out in the 60s(?), and they made a few references to eating apple pie with cheese and how good it was. all these years later i still remember it. i don't know how good it would be, though. in the netherlands everyone eats apple pie and the dutch LOVE their cheese, but i've never seen the combo here.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I remember one time when I was a kid my mom was all like "OH I HEARD ITS GOOD TO PUT CHEESE ON APPLE PIE!" so we tried it once and then never did it ever again.

I don't think it was necessarily horrible but it wasn't spectacular, either.