Favourite children's book

Childhood memories

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

THe Monster at the End was a classic as was the Pokey Little puppy(still have it somewhere Catspaw if you still want the plot :) ) agree with stagnent Mandie. umm. boxcar kids, three cousins detective club, trixie belden, american girl, THE BEST NEST loved that book, still love berenstein bears,cliffard
more later
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Trixie Belden! I used to read those! I have a bunch of them in a box at home wth really old covers. I was in Chapters around Christmas and they had a bunch of Trixie Belden books with nice new covers. I haven't read any in a few years, and I never got to read all of them, but they were fun. I remember my mom reading the first one to me when I was little. I remember that she used to be really picky about stuff like "gee whiz" or "golly" or other sayings like that, so she wouldn't read phrases like that to us, and then later when I read it myself I was like, "I don't remember hearing that when Mom read it..."

I loved hearing about Trixie's relationship with Jim! I never got to read the last books, because I couldn't find them back when I was interested in the series, and my public library didn't have nearly all of the books. I always wondered if their relationship got a bit more serious by the end of the series, or if it just stayed the same. Does anybody know?
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Wow, that's a name I haven't heard in awhile! :) I got one of those books from my school when I was around 8 and I loved it. I've never read any of the rest of them...
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

There was this book it didn't have any words, It was about an Ostrich. I got it out of the library two or three times and then they moved it, And I could never find it again.

Most books by Bill Peet.

~OrigamiKid
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I like the Max & Ruby books. I also like:
The Man and His Dump Truck
Goodnight Moon
Moo, Baa, La La La
But Not the Hippapotamus (how do you spell it? :-k :-s :headscratch: :shrugs: )
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This thread is bringing back so many memories! I still have Goodnight, Moon somewhere! \:D/ I think it's behind some other books on my bookshelf at home. I vaguely remembering stumbling across it a few years ago and putting it somewhere safe, where it wouldn;t get lost of misplaced. I'm not entirely sure where that place is right now, but I'll find it! I really want to read it now - my mom said that she read that book to me tons of times when I was little, and I still think that the little girl had cute pyjamas! They were teal-ish, I think.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Anyone remember the Berentstein Bears? We used to read that series a lot! Papa Bear, Mama Bear, Brother Bear, and Sister Bear were our companions many times.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I used to read those all the time! I loved them when I was a kid. In grade nine, we had one period a week where we had to go to the school library and read or do homework. A couple of my friends and I devoted several of those classes to reading books from our childhoos, mainly Bernstein Bears books! The teacher let us get away with it because we all got good marks and read lots outside of class anyway. It was so fun! \:D/
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Iloved Berenstein Bears! When I started teaching preschool, I went and ordered a bunch off of eBay to read with the class. I have a "treasure chest" right now for when I have kids over filled with pop-up books (Robert Sabuda ROCKS!!) and bubbles, markers, stickers, etc. And in it is a huge set of Berenstien Bears!!

Another great book I had to order off eBay was this Sesame Street book...I can't remember the name and I am too lazy to go check the chest, but it has all these funny short illustrated stories and directions on how to make different things. It's great.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I too read Bernstein Bears.

It's interesting what memories can be, um, remembered b/c of something like this.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Dr. Watson wrote:Anyone remember the Berentstein Bears? We used to read that series a lot! Papa Bear, Mama Bear, Brother Bear, and Sister Bear were our companions many times.
We managed to collect almost all of those books! :lol:
We've given away most of them now... :-$
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

It's all about The Worst Person at Crab Beach, folks.

Why does it seem that children's picture books are the funniest things ever?
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Frank wrote:It's all about The Worst Person at Crab Beach, folks.

Why does it seem that children's picture books are the funniest things ever?
Are they still that funny to you? :-k
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Oh yeah, the Berenstein Bears! We have a ton of those books. We used to be in like this "book club", where we got two new books every month, or something like that. I used to love them!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

We used to get those Scholastic book order catalogs.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Does anyone here remember the books about Francis?? She's a little badger, they are the cutest books EVER! I want a set of all those books for my b-day.

I also really want a copy of "There's a boy in the girl's bathroom".

And then of course, there is Dinotopia, which is more of a teen or juniors book.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

LovedbyGod wrote:And then of course, there is Dinotopia, which is more of a teen or juniors book.
Ooh, I read those! I loved the illustrations too!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

LovedbyGod wrote:Does anyone here remember the books about Francis?? She's a little badger, they are the cutest books EVER! I want a set of all those books for my b-day.
Hey, I used to have some of those! Those were really cute! I remember the one where she has a tea set and doesn't share it with her friend, or something like that. Or does she break part of her friend's tea set? :-k I can't remember the details, but I remember loving those when I was younger! \:D/
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Yeah, she breaks a tea set. Poor Francis. :(
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I only had the one where she is a picky eater..i think thats what it was something about only eating sandwiches that were PB&J or something like that. I loved her.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.