are you are aren't you doing anything for the needy and such

Helping for the holidays?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Mountain_Girl
Classic

are you are aren't you doing anything for the needy and such

Post by Mountain_Girl »

what are you going to do to help with the holidays ( helping the salvation army, any other community service) or are you not going to do anything. I'm going to help by ringing bells and maybe doing the Toys for Tots. Does your church hold stuff like that, have sign ups for stuff like that?

please forgive me if this doesn't make sense.

ImageImageImageImage
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

Mountain Girl wrote:what are you going to do to help with the holidays ( helping the salvation army, any other community service) or are you not going to do anything. I'm going to help by ringing bells and maybe doing the Toys for Tots. Does your church hold stuff like that, have sign ups for stuff like that?

You ring bells? :O Me too!! Wait. Do you ring like 'bells' or HANDbells?? OH and my church does Toys for Tots, but I think what the Tots need is money or food. Oh and I believe your board's title (correctly spelled) should be "Are you or aren't you doing anything for the needy and such?" Of course, I would've said "Are you helping for the holidays?", but that's my opinion that was not asked for :P. Lol. Sorry, I was thinking out quiet???
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I'm helping (for Thanksgiving), with my youth group, at light of life missions, down in Pittsburgh. I'm going to serve food, stock the cabinets, or whatever they need me to do.

Should be kind of fun... my youth group always (somehow) finds a way to make things fun. :)

Sarah
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I'm involved in my youth group, and I do nursey, soundboard and various other things at my church.....so yeah, I'm helping!
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

i care about everyone
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I am the needy this year! \:D/
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Brian wrote:I am the needy this year! \:D/
in need of hugs and cookies and telemarketers you mean ;)

I am helping make food baskets with my church for thanksgiving, as well as probably participating in Operation Christmas Child...probably other things as well, though I'm not sure yet what they may be.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

We went to a homeless shelter not to long ago! So fun!
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

Insight wrote:
Mountain Girl wrote:what are you going to do to help with the holidays ( helping the salvation army, any other community service) or are you not going to do anything. I'm going to help by ringing bells and maybe doing the Toys for Tots. Does your church hold stuff like that, have sign ups for stuff like that?

You ring bells? :O Me too!! Wait. Do you ring like 'bells' or HANDbells?? OH and my church does Toys for Tots, but I think what the Tots need is money or food. Oh and I believe your board's title (correctly spelled) should be "Are you or aren't you doing anything for the needy and such?" Of course, I would've said "Are you helping for the holidays?", but that's my opinion that was not asked for :P. Lol. Sorry, I was thinking out quiet???

I'm going to be doing the bells that the people ring for donations. some friends and I signed up, gotta wait for my friends to get here first.

ImageImageImageImage
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

JesusFreak777 wrote:
Brian wrote:I am the needy this year! \:D/
in need of hugs and cookies and telemarketers you mean ;)

I am helping make food baskets with my church for thanksgiving, as well as probably participating in Operation Christmas Child...probably other things as well, though I'm not sure yet what they may be.
No, I have plenty of those. ;)

I'm in need of GOLD! \:D/
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

Mountain Girl wrote:
Insight wrote:

I'm going to be doing the bells that the people ring for donations. some friends and I signed up, gotta wait for my friends to get here first.
Ah. I had thought you meant handbells :P.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

As I already mentioned in FM, my siblings and I packed a box for Operation Christmas Child this year.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

We are also doing Operation Christmas Child. We got names from the Angel Tree for the Restorative Justice Ministry. Prisoners will have gifts for their children. We ring the bell for the Salvation Army, also.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

You know I think needy is somewhat relative. For example my aunt's brother and his family live in the northern part of the state, but because their child is in the childern's hospital here they're staying with my aunt and her family and mum said they could come for thanksgiving dinner. My sister is bringing a friend from school because she can't afford to fly out for the weekend and my sister's friend isn't a Christian. Mum's motto is she feeds anyone who'll show up.