The Lady In The Water

M. Night Shyamalan's new movie!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

The Lady In The Water

Post by AIO Psyche »

http://ladyinthewatermovie.warnerbros.com/

Here is the official site with the teaser trialer. It looks REALLY good! I feel like M. Night is back on top of his game, and will really score with this one. And it's staring Bryce Dallas Howard!!!!!! :inlove:

I simply CANNOT wait to see this!!!! \:D/

Be sure and check out the trialer!
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I saw the preview when I went to go see Potter but I'm not sure about this one.

My first impression is that it will be inapropriate due to sex and stuff. But I'm willing to be proven wrong...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
FluteBoy
Gold Member

Post by FluteBoy »

STRYPER wrote:I saw the preview when I went to go see Potter but I'm not sure about this one.

My first impression is that it will be inapropriate due to sex and stuff. But I'm willing to be proven wrong...
Well, so far all of Night's films have been PG-13, so hopefully it won't be anything too bad. The teaser tag line at the end (and fact that it was shown before a "magical" kids film (Harry Potter), "How many of you are there?" causes me to wonder if she's a mermaid? Am I nuts?

Zac
"The Orthodox Church is evangelical, but not Protestant. It is orthodox, but not Jewish. It is catholic, but not Roman. It isn't non-denominational – it is pre-denominational. It has believed, taught, preserved, defended and died for the Faith of the Apostles since the Day of Pentecost 2000 years ago."
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

That's what I thought at first too. I'm not saying I'm not interested in it, but I think this one might seriously get out of hand...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Well, despite what it's rated, it looks like it will be sort of an art film as far as visuals and editing go; something I abhore. I think it's safe to say that I'll be passing on this one.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

The trailer didn't really tell much about the film, but then I probably won't see it anyway.

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
LonelyNation
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by LonelyNation »

I've loved all the movie's of his I've seen before so I'll most likely be seeing it (with my family)--I consider him a true horror/scary movie director, because movies like his scare me much worse than ones with blood/guts/etc. in them. I guess my own imagination freaks me out much worse than any blood people can spurt at me...
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

I'll only see it if the reviews are good.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

LonelyNation wrote:I've loved all the movie's of his I've seen before so I'll most likely be seeing it (with my family)--I consider him a true horror/scary movie director, because movies like his scare me much worse than ones with blood/guts/etc. in them. I guess my own imagination freaks me out much worse than any blood people can spurt at me...
Actually, thats true for most people, I think. That's part of what made Hitchcock so successful.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I think M. Night is a total hack and wish he would retire.

Unbreakable was okay, everything else he's done has huge plot holes. I love Bruce Willis and Mel Gibson, and Phoenix is pretty good, but even they can't save his films. :(
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Me wrote:
LonelyNation wrote:I've loved all the movie's of his I've seen before so I'll most likely be seeing it (with my family)--I consider him a true horror/scary movie director, because movies like his scare me much worse than ones with blood/guts/etc. in them. I guess my own imagination freaks me out much worse than any blood people can spurt at me...
Actually, thats true for most people, I think. That's part of what made Hitchcock so successful.
Agreed, I think he's the next Hitchcock (though not at all in the same league)
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
FluteBoy
Gold Member

Post by FluteBoy »

Well, the subtitle of the movie is, "A Bedtime Story", which makes me think that perhaps it's very different from anything he's done before. I would assume he probably doesn't want to be making horror/suspense films his entire career. This trailer would suggest to me that he is perhaps branching off into sort of low urban fantasy mode.
"The Orthodox Church is evangelical, but not Protestant. It is orthodox, but not Jewish. It is catholic, but not Roman. It isn't non-denominational – it is pre-denominational. It has believed, taught, preserved, defended and died for the Faith of the Apostles since the Day of Pentecost 2000 years ago."
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

I really like M. Night's movies. I liked The Village and i heard Sixth Sense was pretty good so i'll prolly see it when it comes out.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I loved the Village. I liked that it wasn't really that scary because I can't handle that stuff. I watched Signs sort of...more like I was on the computer while my brother watched behind me so I got the general gist of the movie just by listening and turning around sometimes.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

When I saw this preview, I didnt know what would happen at 1st. looks cool.
AwfulWaffle81
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by AwfulWaffle81 »

I've liked all of M. Night's movies accept for The Village. This new movie might be interesting.
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

pianokitty wrote:I really like M. Night's movies. I liked The Village and i heard Sixth Sense was pretty good so i'll prolly see it when it comes out.
what do you mean? sixth sense was out a long time ago. is there a new one? that would be cool; it was a good movie! i liked the village, but not as much as the ss. i'll probably watch the lady in the water when it comes out on dvd, but i don't think it'll be worth going to theaters.

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I can't wait to see it! I love his last four, my fave are Unbreakable and Sixth Sense! I want to see this on midnight showing!!! I don't think they'll have one though, cause King Kong doesn't even come with one! :cry: ](*,)

Has anyone seen M Night's first two movies: 'Praying With Anger', and 'Wide Awake'?
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Ariastar87
AIO Actress

Post by Ariastar87 »

My first impression was woaah, that looks really different and kinda cool. It intrigued me, because the preview didn't give away too much. I think I'll go see it, though I will look into it a bit more, because I do see why there might be a risk of "inappropriateness" (crazy word right there lol, sorry) But I have a feeling I will end up seeing it, it seemed kinda magical.... and I really liked the theme music.

P.S. Am I the only one who didn't like Unbreakable??? that movie just... weirded me out. I saw it a long time ago though, so maybe I should give it another chance.. so many people I know name that as their favorite M. Night movie......
God bless, and thanks for Listening to Adventures In Odyssey!
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I still get chills every time I watch the trailer! *runs to go watch again*
Evolution is a faith, not a science!