Pamela Has a Problem

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Pamela Has a Problem

Post by Flyah »

In reviewing the Gold Audio Series, this is one of the few (along with What are We Going to Do About Halloween) that is not included as one of the "Never released before' ep's? Any insights into why not?

Is it b/c the abortion theme is deemed to not be hitting their audience at all and including it may even cause others to think about this when they're not ready? I think it's interesting.

I've heard the ep and think it's outstanding.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have no idea. I am one of the few who have never heard those two episodes. I am still hoping that some day they will end up on an album, either one of the Gold Audios or a seperate album. I would also love to have all of the still unreleased Family Portraits episodes on a GA or separate album.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I don't know why they wouldn't put it on the album...I think it's a good episode. :-k I've heard it 2-3 times, although it's been a long while since it played last.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Evangeline Doyle
I've been here a bit

Post by Evangeline Doyle »

I don't think I've ever heard it... :-k
God Bless America!
~Evangeline
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I've only heard it once, but from what I recall, it was an excellent ep. I wish I had a copy of it. A CD release would be stupendous.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I think I've heard it once or twice.
...I hate marquees.
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

I recorded it off the radio several years ago. I'm very glad I did now since it isn't available on cd or tape. Would FOTF have a copy in their counseling material possibly?
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Samitude wrote:I recorded it off the radio several years ago. I'm very glad I did now since it isn't available on cd or tape. Would FOTF have a copy in their counseling material possibly?
My guess would be that it's buried on a reel somewhere collecting dust and disinigrating.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

I haven't heard the episode, but would like to.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

dawningoftime wrote:
Samitude wrote:I recorded it off the radio several years ago. I'm very glad I did now since it isn't available on cd or tape. Would FOTF have a copy in their counseling material possibly?
My guess would be that it's buried on a reel somewhere collecting dust and disinigrating.
This would surprise me; in fall of 2004 I ordered it on cassette; they might have it available on CD now.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yay! \:D/ I have finally heard this ep, and I have to say that it is rather well done, in my opinion. They do deal with the topic rather tastefully. I think that it would be good if it could be included in a set somewhere as a bonus feature. They can slap a warning on it like they do with some other eps. I think that there are freakier/more disturbing eps than this out there that made it on albums - obviously this is a serious/mature ep, but I don't think that it should be kept from general consumption.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

*agrees* I like this show. :yes:
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

I so want to hear it!!

nn
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

The AIO Product List has about a dozen "unreleased episodes" listed, but "Pamela Has a Problem" isn't on there:

ADVENTURES IN ODYSSEY – UNRELEASED EPISODES (NOT IN OTHER COLLECTIONS)
These dramas have aired on the Adventures in Odyssey broadcast, but are currently not in a collection.
Each CD is available for a suggested donation of $7; order by calling (800) A-FAMILY.
“Christmas Around the World” celebrating the season (2 parts) (F00492D)
“Dental Dilemma” sibling relationships (F00359D)
“Honor Thy Parents” respecting parents (F00363D)
“Inside the Studio” behind-the-scenes of AIO (F00212D)
“Isaac the Benevolent” the Golden Rule (F00528D)
“Isaac the True Friend” friendship (F00467D)
“It Sure Seems Like it to Me” exaggerating (F00366D)
“A Look Back, I & II” celebrating 13 years of Adventures in Odyssey / salvation (F00544D)
“My Brother’s Keeper” family responsibility/love (F00362D)
“No Stupid Questions” communication (F00362D)
“Train Ride” mystery / pranks (F00535D)
“The Trouble with Girls” crushes; puppy love (F00528D)
“You Go to School Where?” homeschooling (F00477D)

Didn't Nathan Hoobler mention a lost episodes album at one time? That would be cool!

-king shasta
dforry
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by dforry »

"Pamela Has a Problem" is still available from Focus on the Family on Cassette. The order number is CC072/4751, I think you only need the first five characters. I called Focus on the Family last month and got the tape a few weeks ago. I did ask about the episode "What are We Going to Do About Halloween" and was told that it was replaced by another episode. So it doesn't look like you can get that episode any more.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Jonathan wrote:
dawningoftime wrote:
This would surprise me; in fall of 2004 I ordered it on cassette; they might have it available on CD now.
So..I can order it? Cool! I have never heard it, and I would really like to. \:D/
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Is there a place on the web where I can listen to Pamela Has a Problem?
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Karin wrote:Is there a place on the web where I can listen to Pamela Has a Problem?
No.
AIOFan11 wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
dawningoftime wrote:
So..I can order it? Cool! I have never heard it, and I would really like to. \:D/
Sounds like it; give Focus a call to find out.
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

Jonathan wrote:
Karin wrote:Is there a place on the web where I can listen to Pamela Has a Problem?
No.

Oh. Thanks for letting me know.
Linne

Post by Linne »

Jonathan wrote:
No.

That was very informative, Jonathan! \:D/