Battle for Dream Island (Pilot) questions/discussion

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Oh oh oh, disregard what I’ve been saying! I just realized why it was a separate circumstance in the previous rounds.
I will indeed rework this final elimination to make it fair. Please hold.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

*breathes a sigh of relief*

What was the circumstance in the previous rounds?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

In previous rounds where there had to be an early cutoff (the final six and final four) it was okay to end the round early because the following rolls switched numbers as I explained. Here it wasn’t going to, because it was the final round. So you’re right, it was absolutely unfair to call it prematurely.
Woody

Post by Woody »

So what happened?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Explanation of the previous contest’s rolls:
In the first round if you rolled a 5 or 6 it meant you fell off the bar and lost.
In the next round if you rolled a 1 or 2 it meant you fell off the bar and lost.
Subsequent rounds continued alternating between the two.
When it came time for the final elimination, I rolled a die.
The two players who rolled the same type of number (even or odd) as I did won.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

So how does team picking work?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Breakdown of picking the teams:

I will post an updated list of who is currently on which team and who is still available to choose after each pick, so once the other person makes their choice wait for me to post before announcing your next choice. You can post about other things (and the other payers can post about whatever they want) but please wait for me before posting your next teammate selection.
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

Wait, are we not supposed to choose again until you, bookworm, update the teams?
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Since bookworm doesn't get on over the weekend I think you should just go ahead and make your picks. Worst case scenario it has to be done over for some reason. But at least this way we'll keep going. :shrugs:
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

My absence should not constitute reason to go against the clearly outlined procedure. I know what you meant, but the discussion thread breakdowns need to take precedence so things stay on track and understandable. In this particular case it’s not a huge deal, but this overall event is so complex that I’m being overly OCD about it. I want to be sure there is a clear and visual progression track of everything that goes on.
Woody

Post by Woody »

So... when do I pick?
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Oh, okay. Yeah, should have switched over.

Was I correct though?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Knight Fisher wrote:Was I correct though?
I understand why you said it, but no you were not correct to suggest going against the posted instructions. Again, not a huge deal in this particular section (choosing the teams) but it would quickly become a major mess in later ones (the contests).
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Alright then. Although for the record there really were no posted instructions except Anemone pick a team mate. Therefore you had already established all mechanics active in this part. And it made no logical since that you would have to post between every pick, as that could take up to weeks longer. And since you don't get online on the weekends there would be a two plus day delay when the process could be easily continued. And as (as I said in thread) the worst case scenario would be that this would happen, I stand by my decision as being fully logical and accurate given the information.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Knight Fisher wrote:Although for the record there really were no posted instructions
bookworm wrote:wait for me before posting your next teammate selection.
Knight Fisher wrote:since you don't get online on the weekends there would be a two plus day delay
Granted. Doing it this way will indeed take longer then just letting them go at it. But I made the decision to exchange extreme expediency for guaranteed accuracy.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I stand corrected. I'm not sure how I missed that but apparently I did. I probably didn't scroll up. But very well then, I was incorrect in my statement.

Can you please explain the logic behind this though?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Knight Fisher wrote:Can you please explain the logic behind this though?
Again, it’s just because I’m being very OCD about how everything in this proceeds. For this particular section I want a visual tracking of who goes where, not only so people can watch the teams form, but so the current chooser can clearly see who is available to be chosen, as well as who has been chosen by both them and their opponent, in case those details influence their decision.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Okay then. But please understand this. Some of us are rather impatient to get going. While yes, it will take a long time as you said. Not all of us have infinite patience when you get us excited about something. (Which you have, at least for me, done in this case.)

So yes make sure it's done right. But please, do hurry. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I definitely understand that. And that’s good, I hope people are excited about this. I can totally see why not everyone may be happy with this arrangement.
But it doesn’t matter because I’m in charge! :x
Just kidding. ;) Sort of.
I admit this may not be the most efficient way to do it, but it’s the way I’ve chosen and the way I think is best. I assure you I’m just as eager as you to get this event really going, and we will as soon as possible! :D
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Okay, as long as that's clear Mr. Announcer Box. *phones BFDI*

*presses 5 for Announcer Box*

*gets a package in the mail* :hammer:

:-