Let's Set a Visitor Record

On Halloween!

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Shadowpaw wrote:The one or two word replies to threads is the big no-no. If people are going to post, they must have at least some valid input ;). "Yeah"... "No"... "I don't know"... "Not interested".... those kind of posts don't add a whole lot to the conversations ;).
I predict we'll see some of that and I could probably guess who will do it...
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Jonathan wrote:
Shadowpaw wrote:The one or two word replies to threads is the big no-no. If people are going to post, they must have at least some valid input ;). "Yeah"... "No"... "I don't know"... "Not interested".... those kind of posts don't add a whole lot to the conversations ;).
I predict we'll see some of that and I could probably guess who will do it...
Not I. I'm plenty happy to type a normal $2 -$3 post and recieve $10 for it, so I intend to type posts I'd normally type..........just at a lot faster frequency than I normally post ;)

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

It's going to be a crazy day for moderating.... and I have a ton of stuff to do too. 2 clients, homework, and class. It's going to be a looong day. Time to get some sleep.

That said, I am rather enjoying getting $10 per post. Don't you just love limited time offers?
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I'm enjoying it too^_^
Me wrote:It's going to be a crazy day for moderating....
Yeah, I've been kinda apprehensive about this b/c of that. It's the only drawback for this whole scheme....
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Jonathan wrote:
Yeah, I've been kinda apprehensive about this b/c of that. It's the only drawback for this whole scheme....
But we shall persevere and come through it (mostly) unscathed. *goes off to read more posts in the Harlequin*
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Me wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
But we shall persevere and come through it (mostly) unscathed. *goes off to read more posts in the Harlequin*
Yeah, you're right. I thought of that, too. But, we can do it! We great mods! :D
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

you sure are :D
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

thank you mrwhit^_^
gimp80995 wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Heh, I found it quite funny how absolutely dead it was here for the last few hours...
I noticed that too. Like everyone was saving their posts for this time.

Peace Out

-Gimp
And now this is the busiest middle of night thing since April 1st. and I nee d to go to bed now. my typing inst' namingn since anymore, and my eyes hurt I'm so tired.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

youre welcome
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

Shadowpaw wrote:Well we all know by now that there will be $10 posts on Halloween (which is this Monday, October 31). The most users we have ever had on this site at the same time was 32 on May 13. With a board this size, that is a hard number to beat... but I think we can do it this Halloween. Show your support for alternatives to Halloween and let everyone who visits this site see that on October 31, 2005... we set a new record for attendance :). I plan to be on all evening... I hope to see you there! Even if you can't spend that much time, the more people we have checking in in the evening, the greater chance we have at setting some new records! :)
Good idea
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Me wrote:It's going to be a crazy day for moderating.... and I have a ton of stuff to do too. 2 clients, homework, and class. It's going to be a looong day. Time to get some sleep.

That said, I am rather enjoying getting $10 per post. Don't you just love limited time offers?
Just reemember, it's only for a day......not for a week........

I am also ejoying getting $10 per post. I've deposited my old money (from before this began) in the vault so as we go along I can see exactly how much (minus the .79 or whatever) that I've earned from $10 posts.
Jonathan wrote: And now this is the busiest middle of night thing since April 1st. and I nee d to go to bed now. my typing inst' namingn since anymore, and my eyes hurt I'm so tired.
Only until midnight now, Jon.

I know what you mean....there were more users on at midnight (11 PM my time) than there have been on for a while).....I finally had to call it quits last night and go to bed too since I unfortunately do work today and even though what I do for 10 hrs couldn't really be considered "work", I MUST be awke the entire time, so I did need to get some sleep.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

Jonathan wrote:thank you mrwhit^_^
gimp80995 wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Heh, I found it quite funny how absolutely dead it was here for the last few hours...

Peace Out

-Gimp
And now this is the busiest middle of night thing since April 1st. and I nee d to go to bed now. my typing inst' namingn since anymore, and my eyes hurt I'm so tired.
Whoa there. Good call by going to bed..
Robert Mitchell
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Robert Mitchell »

I made it on during Halloween! I didn't think I could make it.
Vote RM for the *Unofficial*! | You Need to See This!
Sunday
Popsicle kid

Post by Sunday »

Catspaw...since we'll all be here to enjoy it together is there any chance of a ToO Hearts episode tonight?
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

I will probably be here!
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

have we broken the record yet?
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Well I'm here! *prepares to spend the next hour trying to get 30 posts*
...I hate marquees.
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

Yay! I'm here! This is great! \:D/

I will try to post in between schoolwork stuff...
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

we better get it cause i have been on all day
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Witness4Jesus wrote:
Jonathan wrote:thank you mrwhit^_^
gimp80995 wrote:

Peace Out

-Gimp
Whoa there. Good call by going to bed..
*re-reads his post*

lol

Yeah, I needed to. I meant my typing wasn't making sense anymore, as my fingers had developed a mind of their own^_^