Reasons for Leaving

Now that most of you have heard let me explain

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!

would you be ok with Andrea Meltsner (Melka) leaving?

Poll ended at Mon May 09, 2005 2:32 pm

yes if she is going to be on the TH anyway.
5%
No please don't go!
35%
I will be ok if she leaves or if she decides to stay because it is her decision not mine.
24%
Go away! you are wierd!
35%

Total votes: 37

Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Reasons for Leaving

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

Since I have been asked about my statements of posibly leaving, I feel it is nessicary to explain why.

One is what happend in the past few days. I know it was all a game and all for fun, I just did not enjoy it and I felt it ruined the fun I was already having here. I feel that though most of you seemed to be having a great time with this,and though I must admit I played along for a bit. I really thought it was a stupid Idea that only some people would like. Like I said before I am glad some of you got to have fun. I just feel that If we are always going to have things like that happen then I don't want to be a part of it.

Secondly Like many of you I spend way to much time on the computer. Unlike some of you I have to use public computers and sometimes I am at school, which is quite a ways from my home, and I stay on here for soo long that I miss the bus. I recently had to call a friend to come get me because it was either too cold or too dark for me to wallk two miles home. Also It has caused me to either ignore or erase at least a month's worth of E-Mails. Not only that but I am constantly late for everything because I keep trying to seek a look to see if somone replyed to something, this is really geting on peoples nerves and I would rather they werent mad at me.

Anouther reason is that I never even heard of Christian radio let alone a little show called Adventures in Odyssey, untill about two years ago, I don't even listen to it now and I really doubt that I am going to go out and buy albums now, I mean come on I can barly buy food, nessesitys and pay the bills!

Furthermore I never even really wanted to go on the TH, I whent on there once because I was looking for an answer to a question having nothing to do with the show. I just happend to find it and asked, I never even got a real answer. I stuck around for a while then went on with my own buissiness. for some reason I came back and stayed.
When the ToO opened I haddent really wanted to come to stay. I was planing on just checking it out and not really coming back, just like with some of the other boards I am on. That is why when I registered I wrote AndreaMeltsner and not MelkaAlyson(my name at the TH). For some reason I was hardly on for three seconds when somone realized who I was and imediatly sent a pm saying hi.(not that I was mad or anything, I was just surprised you knew who I was)

Lastly is my age, though there are people my age (20 not 75! :roll: ) I feel that I could not stay on here long. I mean since I rarly listen to it I dont know if I will later, or if my kids will. I am concerend that many people will not be here when they are our age or when they get out of college.

So to sum this up. I have not really decided to leave, I am thinking about it though, as yhou can tell by now It probubly sounds Like I am trying to convince myself to leave. Anyway It is not the people! you are all great and wonderfull. I hope that I can still talk to you somehow, maybe in the TH or something. I am giving myself a week to decide. Hopefully I will make a decsion that God want me to make, I know that you all would be ok with that. I just want to finish by saying again that you are all wonderfull! I hope that God richly blesses all of you and your families. and Happy, even if I leave I will still send you your present, you really don't have to give me anything.

thank you all and God Bless! O:)

Love,
Andrea Meltsner aka Melka Alyson or Elizabeth Guido
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Hey Andrea thanks for explaining your reasons. :) I'm sorry to hear that things have been tough for you lately. :hug: I totally understand your reasons though. What I hope you'll do is just cut back your time on here (if you really need to) and keep dropping in for a visit every now and then. Thanks for sharing with us. O:)
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i really don't care if you go or not but o think it is for a stupid reason
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Bye Bye!

I hope you come back!
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

mdb17 wrote:
AndreaMeltsner wrote:Since I have been asked about my statements of posibly leaving, I feel it is nessicary to explain why.

One is what happend in the past few days. I know it was all a game and all for fun, I just did not enjoy it and I felt it ruined the fun I was already having here. I feel that though most of you seemed to be having a great time with this,and though I must admit I played along for a bit. I really thought it was a stupid Idea that only some people would like. Like I said before I am glad some of you got to have fun. I just feel that If we are always going to have things like that happen then I don't want to be a part of it.

Secondly Like many of you I spend way to much time on the computer. Unlike some of you I have to use public computers and sometimes I am at school, which is quite a ways from my home, and I stay on here for soo long that I miss the bus. I recently had to call a friend to come get me because it was either too cold or too dark for me to wallk two miles home. Also It has caused me to either ignore or erase at least a month's worth of E-Mails. Not only that but I am constantly late for everything because I keep trying to seek a look to see if somone replyed to something, this is really geting on peoples nerves and I would rather they werent mad at me.

Anouther reason is that I never even heard of Christian radio let alone a little show called Adventures in Odyssey, untill about two years ago, I don't even listen to it now and I really doubt that I am going to go out and buy albums now, I mean come on I can barly buy food, nessesitys and pay the bills!

Furthermore I never even really wanted to go on the TH, I whent on there once because I was looking for an answer to a question having nothing to do with the show. I just happend to find it and asked, I never even got a real answer. I stuck around for a while then went on with my own buissiness. for some reason I came back and stayed.
When the ToO opened I haddent really wanted to come to stay. I was planing on just checking it out and not really coming back, just like with some of the other boards I am on. That is why when I registered I wrote AndreaMeltsner and not MelkaAlyson(my name at the TH). For some reason I was hardly on for three seconds when somone realized who I was and imediatly sent a pm saying hi.(not that I was mad or anything, I was just surprised you knew who I was)

Lastly is my age, though there are people my age (20 not 75! :roll: ) I feel that I could not stay on here long. I mean since I rarly listen to it I dont know if I will later, or if my kids will. I am concerend that many people will not be here when they are our age or when they get out of college.

So to sum this up. I have not really decided to leave, I am thinking about it though, as yhou can tell by now It probubly sounds Like I am trying to convince myself to leave. Anyway It is not the people! you are all great and wonderfull. I hope that I can still talk to you somehow, maybe in the TH or something. I am giving myself a week to decide. Hopefully I will make a decsion that God want me to make, I know that you all would be ok with that. I just want to finish by saying again that you are all wonderfull! I hope that God richly blesses all of you and your families. and Happy, even if I leave I will still send you your present, you really don't have to give me anything.

Love,
Andrea Meltsner aka Melka Alyson or Elizabeth Guido[/quote
what is stupid about my reasons? the game thing? well duh. I just don't want to be on here if they are going to do that all the time!

well Screech It may be for good. we will have to see when I make up my mind. If I go it is for good If I stay I will only come once in a while.
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
PonysHorses
Found

Post by PonysHorses »

I really hope you don't leave! Althought I want the best for you, I still would really miss you if you left. I know we may not know each very well, but I feel we have know each other for ages! I pray God will give the wisdom to make a wise choice!

Lots of Love,
~PH~
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I certainly don't want to see anyone leave... you're a valuable part to the board, and I would miss you, as would many other people.

However, you have to do what you really think you should do. And, maybe the best thing for you right now would be to go, or to stay. I really don't know. If you think you are spending too much time on here, maybe you could try to cut back without totally leaving? But I guess that would be difficult.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

AndreaMeltsner wrote:
mdb17 wrote:
AndreaMeltsner wrote:Since I have been asked about my statements of posibly leaving, I feel it is nessicary to explain why.

Love,
what is stupid about my reasons? the game thing? well duh. I just don't want to be on here if they are going to do that all the time!

well Screech It may be for good. we will have to see when I make up my mind. If I go it is for good If I stay I will only come once in a while.
i just think it is stupid to leave cause of one game i really don't think we are going to have "Bad Guys"' thaking over all the time some of the games could just be something like whits lost help and find him.
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

mdb17 wrote:
AndreaMeltsner wrote:
mdb17 wrote:

Love,

well Screech It may be for good. we will have to see when I make up my mind. If I go it is for good If I stay I will only come once in a while.[/quote

i just think it is stupid to leave cause of one game i really don't think we are going to have "Bad Guys"' thaking over all the time some of the games could just be something like whits lost help and find him.
well that is not the only reason, that is just a small little bit of it.
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Perhaps it would be helpful to read her entire post, mdb17, instead of just the first paragraph.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

It would also be helpful if such a long post wasn't quoted over and over. We all read it first time right guys? :-s
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Well, I, for one, would be pretty sad if you left us, AM. Of course, it's your decision, but I like having you around, and I'd miss you.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

AndreaMeltsner wrote: what is stupid about my reasons? the game thing? well duh. I just don't want to be on here if they are going to do that all the time!
Just for the record, I highly doubt they'll be happening all the time, or the next one will be as big as this one was (ie the board change). But we have been told that stuff like this will happen from time to time.

Secondly, I do hope you don't leave, but it's up to you.

-Jonathan
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

While I am very sorry to see you go I understand why. I hope you decide to come back in the future. You will be missed.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I respect your decisions and wish you the best in the future!
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I hope you make the right decison for you! I will miss you if you leave.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

True, you will be quiet missed. :(
But it's your call, and I just want to let you know we love you either way! :)
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

OK, first off it sounds like you're already addicted to AIO boards (don't feel bad........it happens.) I've lost track of how many times people **cough**like myself**cough** have made "I'm leaving" or "Good-bye" posts yet returned after a break.

I can understand your reasons..........some of which I share, but not to the point of needing to leave........yet

Hopefully you make the choice that is right for you.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

Aw, you have to leave? That's awful! :( Your reasons are very... um... reasonable however... And if you are truly leaving because of these reasons, I have nothing else to do but succumb and mourn for the disappearance of Andrea Meltsner. :( *mecry* I understand, but if you ever want to come back, please please do! :D
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Your reasons are good, but I hope you don't leave. However, you have to do what you have to do. Make the right decision in spite of what we say.