The Sheriff\Doctor\Lawyer\Townsperson and of course...

... the Killer!

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Hawk
Brings Love and Joy

The Sheriff\Doctor\Lawyer\Townsperson and of course...

Post by Hawk »

I thought about puting this thread in Odyssey 105 but it's not a contest. Okay guys I have a cool game to play! It's called "The Killer". How you play is, you could be one of five kinds of people. The Lawyer, the Doctor, the Sheriff, a Townsperson, or of course, the Killer. There is only one person per character except a Townsperson, there can be unlimited amount of those. The objective of the game is to: If you are the Lawyer\Killer it's to "kill" everyone because the Lawyer is friends with the Killer. If you are the Sheriff\Doctor\Townsperson, it's to get rid of the Killer.

The Lawyer has to keep the Killer alive no matter what the cost. The way the game goes is the Killer will PM me and tell me who he\she wants to "kill" and then the Narrator (Me) will say something like "Last night, there was a murder and an innocent person was "killed" and it was... So-and-so!" Well then the Townspeople (Everyone including the Sheriff\Doctor\Lawyer\Killer) know it's not that person and that person is eliminated from the game, so they have to guess who the Killer is. And nobody except the Lawyer knows who the Killer is, so the Killer acts like everyone else to put off suspicion. (Hint: The lawyer may act a little like a bad-acting Killer to keep the real Killer from getting "Killed" by the people\Sheriff, so be on your guard!)

Nobody knows who is who except the Lawyer knows the Killer and vice versa, so you have to guess, by accusing someone. So you say "It was J-Man!" and J-man will of course deny it even if he is the Killer. And if he is, the Lawyer will try to get the blame off of him, by saying something like "No, it was Catbert! Vote for Catbert! It's him!" and accusations will come and then when there is no more accusations we'll vote for someone to get eliminated and the person with the highest vote will get eliminated. And then I will tell you whether or not it was the Killer. If it wasn't, then the Killer gets to kill again, but if it was, then the game is over and we'll decide whether or not we'll play again

. But if your the Sheriff, before I announce who was killed by the Killer, the Sheriff will PM me and tell me who they think the Killer is and I will respond by either saying yes or no. If it's no then we keep on going and the person that got accused does not get eliminated, but if it is then the game is over and the Killer\Lawyer loose and everyone else wins. Anyone can get killed, so be careful.

If your the Doctor, before I announce who got killed you get the chance to "Heal" someone before they get "Killed", and if you guess right, then nobody dies, but if you guess wrong, then the person that got picked by the Killer dies. I will randomly PM people telling them what kind of character they are. And no telling people who you are!! That's cheating! And when you're killed DON'T PEOPLE WHO YOU WERE!!! That helps them narrow it down! So even if the Sheriff\Doctor have been "killed" I will still say "Okay the Sheriff (or Doctor) needs to send in who he thinks it is". There is no award for winning you just get bragging rights. Any questions? Who wants to play? It's free! Sign up now! \:D/
Last edited by Hawk on Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry guys, I lost internet. Hope to see you again soon!
Robert Mitchell
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Robert Mitchell »

You spell mafia "Mafia"
Vote RM for the *Unofficial*! | You Need to See This!
Hawk
Brings Love and Joy

Post by Hawk »

Say what? I spelled it wrong? Or right?

EDIT: Is this to complicated for you guys, or just it's too long of a post to take the time to read it? And Mitch, I changed the name to "Killer" so I don't spell it wrong.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I've played this game before. It's very cool! And, yes, I do believe it is called Mafia.

I don't know how well it will work online, though.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Hawk
Brings Love and Joy

Post by Hawk »

Yeah, it'll just take longer ](*,) . Do you want to play?
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Of course I wasn 't the Killer :noway:
...I hate marquees.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Sure, I'll play. I used to play this game a lot... ^_^
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Hawk
Brings Love and Joy

Post by Hawk »

Okay, now we have our first player. J-man, do you want to play?
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I'll play. My Bible Bowl group usually plays on the trip back from every meet. (It gets interesting.)
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Hawk
Brings Love and Joy

Post by Hawk »

Ye sit gets very interesting... It makes you think too. :-k BTW do you think my post was long enough?
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I love this game! Sure, if you figure out how to do it online, I'll play.
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Hawk
Brings Love and Joy

Post by Hawk »

Alright so that makes three! we'll probably wait until we get about seven players. And what about you J-man, do you want to play?
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I want to plaaaay~
Considering that it's a very, very, uberpopular game on TPS...
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Hawk
Brings Love and Joy

Post by Hawk »

TPS?

We now have the following players:
Elf of Rivendell
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Evil Chick
Sonuna Hydris
J-man (Maybe)

Just three more to play! \:D/

EDIT: Um, people? We need some more players... J-man?
Agentpaw
Eh, whats up doc?

Post by Agentpaw »

I'll play! \:D/
Hawk
Brings Love and Joy

Post by Hawk »

Okay! We only need two more people to play! If J-man plays we only need one! J-MAN!!! COME PLAY!!!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Evil Chick wrote:I've played this game before. It's very cool! And, yes, I do believe it is called Mafia.

I too doubt it would work online. And I've mafia a lot and don't remember any lawyer. We played with 2 mafia folks, 1 doctor, 1 sheriff, and several townsfolk.

-Jonathan
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Robert Mitchell wrote:You spell mafia "Mafia"
Err mafia is spelled mafia wether its captalized or not.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Trust me, it does work online. Like Sonuna said, it's a very popular game on our school webboard- and it will be easier here, since we actually have a PM system.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Jonathan wrote:
Evil Chick wrote:I've played this game before. It's very cool! And, yes, I do believe it is called Mafia.

I too doubt it would work online. And I've mafia a lot and don't remember any lawyer. We played with 2 mafia folks, 1 doctor, 1 sheriff, and several townsfolk.

-Jonathan
Once again, Jonathan, you take the words out of my mouth, so to speak...