The Odyssey Enigma

Part one

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
The Scribbler
I'm the Scribbler and you're not.

The Odyssey Enigma

Post by The Scribbler »

Dear Friends, I am pleased to present you with my latest project. The Odyssey Enigma. My leading writer, Kateri Plumfield, will be heading up the project, which includes several pieces which present a mystery. Can you figure it out? Stay tuned for.

THE ODYSSEY ENIGMA
By: Kateri Plumfield

Part one:
"I am not here right now..."

It was just another day here in the beautiful town of Odyssey. My coffee was brewing downstairs, my cloths on the chair ready to go and my latest rough drafts ready to turn in to The Scribbler. I turned on the news to watch it for a while. Then I got a phone call from one of our reporters. The town was very different then when I turned out the light the night before. It seems that Miss. Andrea Meltsner was due to have an interview about the elections with a reporter earlier that morning. She never showed up. After a half an hour, which is odd because no one has to wait that long for her, and she would call if she were to be even one minute late, let alone a half an hour. All he got was her answering machine.

Hi, This Is Andrea Meltsner, I am not here right now, Please leave me a message, and I will call you back Thanks bye.
We then had someone go to her house and check things out. Everything was as peaceful as could be. The odd thing was that there was her little blue Chevy cameo sitting in the drive, and no one to answer the door, and the morning paper still in it's little red box.

Her neighbor came out to get her paper, and seeing us there came to see who was bothering Andrea.

Mary Anne Ryan: Hey, What are you doing? Are you waiting for Andrea?

Tatter: No, we came to see if she was here, she is not answering but we think she should be here, her car is.

Mary Anne Ryan: Go away will ya. She is most likely just out taking the dogs for a morning walk. I am sure she will be back. Meantime go on about your business will you.

Later that day, when I was at my desk typing away and pondering if Miss. Meltsner really did disappear. Mr. Mork walked by and motioned for me to follow him. A bunch of our writers were standing around a small TV set. On the screen a reporter was talking to Thomas!

It seems as though Thomas felt the need to report Andrea Missing...though we aren't to sure what is going on, He insists that she has been kidnapped or maybe worse. (Heaven forbid) Though we are sure that that is not the case.

We can’t be too careful. She has mysteriously disappeared just like her brother Eugene. One day she is here and the next she seems to have fallen of the face of the earth. This oddly enough has been happening a lot recently. So now it is our duty to find out what happened and where she is.

This is all for the first edition of the Odyssey Enigma. I hope you all enjoyed reading it. Stay tuned for...part 2 "Blackie Ryan's Niece"
Last edited by The Scribbler on Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Kateri needs to learn how to spell..
...I hate marquees.
Mary Anne Ryan
OK

Post by Mary Anne Ryan »

J-man wrote:Kateri needs to learn how to spell..
*looks at the paper* ah, she does indeed need to lean how to spell. *giggles* Heyyyyyy who is this person? how do they know umm never mind. :anxious:
Mary Anne Ryan

Second Generation detective.

Have faith in God, and Tie down your Camels
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Nice and thoughtful for a newspaper. :D
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Interesting! It sounds like there's a mystery in town! I look forward to reading more. :D
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

*Swoons* Oh no! Not another mystery! :shock:

;)

Sounds interesting, anyway!
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

nice!
AIOfan11
Younger than you