The Odyssey Enigma Part Two: "Blackie Ryan's Niece"

The Mystery Continues !

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
The Scribbler
I'm the Scribbler and you're not.

The Odyssey Enigma Part Two: "Blackie Ryan's Niece"

Post by The Scribbler »

The Odyssey Enigma
by: Kateri Plumfield.
"Blackie Ryan's Niece"

It was busy down at the police station a few days later. At first people of the Town of Odyssey had ignored Thomas, as someone who was making a mountain out of a mole-hole. Everyone went on with their week expecting that the town poet would turn up.

The next Tuesday Just before dawn, it seems, a few friends of Miss. Andrea came together and reported her missing. This time the police listened, and started an investigation. Phones were ringing; Printers and copiers were running and Eugene Blackgarrd sat at his desk with his coat and tie off, and his sleeves rolled up.

He was typing away at his computer and talking on the phone to the already established “Find Andrea” HQ when the petite, slender, raven haired and green eyed Mary Anne came walking through the station. She walked right up to Eugene Blackgaard’s desk and sat down. Ignoring the overly perky secretary, who tried to stop her. Eugene looked over in surprise and ended the phone call.

E-How may I help you?

N-First off, I don’t believe we have met. I am Mary Anne Ryan, you could call me Nell. She spoke in a firm tone with a slight Irish accent; offering a fair; delicate yet strong hand.

E-It is nice to meet you. I am Eugene Blackgaard, Chief of Police, You have a slight accent, are you from Ireland? He spoke in; a tired and worried voice that was unlike his usual, happy and friendly, youthful tone, shaking her hand in a good firm handshake.

N- My Da and I were born in Chicago; My Ma was born in Erie. Our family spent a lot of time there when I was growing up.

E-Da? Erie?

N- *giggling politely* Da is what we called father, unlike Pa. And Erie is Ireland, tis the local name for it.

E-I see. Cool.

N- Right. We should get on to what I came for. I woke up to find my front yard taken over by your police officers. They had taken over Miss. Meltsner’s house. I asked if they had a warrant. They were quite rude.

E- Oh, Yes I am quite sorry about that, I will talk to them.

N- *nodding in approval* If you would let me, I would like to help you solve this. Would you be willing?

E- Oh, I don’t know…I mean…I guess it would be ok, as long as it is not like having two Harlows.
N-to say that my detective skills are equal to Mr. Doyle twould be an insult. She then broke out in a loud, merry laugh that rang through the whole floor.

E-Well welcome to the team! He spoke cheerfully as they both stood up.

Nell then went down to the home of Frank where there was a group of Andrea’s friends trying to figure out what might have happened. After some consolation on Nell’s part. Shoe sat and asked some questions. To which Frank replied…

N-So what caused you to decide that she really is missing?

F-well there are several things:
1. She left without her car, which could be explained.
2. She never told anyone she was going anywhere, she never would do that. There was no hint that she wanted to leave.
3. She never answered her phone, her home phone or her cell phone, not many people have it but she would defiantly answer it.
There may be other things, but I can’t think of any right now.

N- *reaching out to hold Frank’s hand* That is quite alright dear.

Later she talked again with Eugene about the case.

N-I have noticed something, and am wondering if you have also.

E-what?

N-She is not the only one.

E- How do you mean?

N-She is not the only one that is missing. It seems if there are several people who have suddenly fallen of the face of the earth. First there is Monday, no one has any idea what happened. Then Frodo and Allycat, though they probably had other things to do after the attack.

E-Right, keep going.

N- Then Andrea suddenly disappears, but not too suddenly see, I noticed she gave hints over time, so that is why no one was in a panic when she did leave.

E- Yes that makes sense.

N- There is someone else who is gone too.

E- Who?
N-AIOP.

E- Yes but that can be explained.

N- You heard what he said but, you don’t know that that was the whole story.

This was all I was able to record fellow townspeople, for my tape recorder suddenly fell into the pond; luckily I was able to salvage a small bit of the recordings. I will soon have more of this wonderful quandary for you next week. So stay tuned for “Questioning Someone Close”
Mary Anne Ryan
OK

Post by Mary Anne Ryan »

uhh yes that is quite nice um Miss. Kateri. If that is your real name.
Mary Anne Ryan

Second Generation detective.

Have faith in God, and Tie down your Camels