Biggest Fears

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Biggest Fears

Postby Bren » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:29 pm

What are some of the bigger things that scare you? For me, it's currently debt. I've seen it be a big issue for my mom and dad as I was growing up and I prefer to avoid it when possible. But, I just read the insurance claim on one of two ER visits and it made my jaw drop, and I still have another claim pending. This is why I wanna be able to buy a used car outright instead of a monthly payment.

What has you scared?
ImageImageImage
logos linked

Former Mayor x1
Former Mayor x1
Bren

Cash on hand: 1,007.59
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Biggest Fears

Postby bookworm » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:19 pm

Just interjecting for the sake of maintaining organization, since no one else has responded yet, to preemptively remind people of the existence of the phobias thread if they want to post about those types of fears, since it seems like this one is more about life concerns which is a different subject; a good one which I want to allow being kept on topic in this thread.

Debt is definitely one of mine as well; I don't know that young people today think about it as seriously as they should.
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
bookworm

Cash on hand: 845.88
Bank: 59,625.00

Postby The Top Crusader » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:13 am

Spiders
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
The Top Crusader

Old... but not obsolete.

Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Cash on hand: 10,387.24
Bank: 5,584,680.26
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby jelly » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:42 pm

I think climate change is terrifying. And a close second would have to be how easy it is for us to become so insulated in our man-made societies that we forget/ignore/dismiss how terrifying climate change is.

Also spiders.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob
jelly

the guy who used to watch a lot of films

Cash on hand: 1,292.08
Bank: 4,500.00

Postby Jonathan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:48 pm

bookworm wrote:I don't know that young people today think about it as seriously as they should.

I know they don't. And they don't start thinking about it until its far too late and after some bad money habits have already been established.

The Top Crusader wrote:Spiders

Stay away from Australia mate. But for the record Huntsman spiders are pretty much harmless in regards to people. But still.
Last edited by Jonathan on Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dungeon Master
Jonathan

Cash on hand: 152.50
Bank: 933.17

Postby Smaug the Dragon » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:42 pm

I would say the continued polarisation of people's political views is cause for concern, as well as how our behaviour on social media platforms is contributing towards that polarisation.

jelly wrote:I think climate change is terrifying. And a close second would have to be how easy it is for us to become so insulated in our man-made societies that we forget/ignore/dismiss how terrifying climate change is.

This too!
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
Smaug the Dragon

i bpraiseach ceart

Cash on hand: 523.10
Bank: 1,054.24
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby MonkeyDude » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:07 am

Smaug the Dragon wrote:I would say the continued polarisation of people's political views is cause for concern, as well as how our behaviour on social media platforms is contributing towards that polarisation.

Absolutely spot on. I've been thinking about this a lot lately.
*Finger guns aggressively*
I got this...
MonkeyDude

Cash on hand: 181.70
Bank: 20.00

Postby Jonathan » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:57 pm

MonkeyDude wrote:
Smaug the Dragon wrote:I would say the continued polarisation of people's political views is cause for concern, as well as how our behaviour on social media platforms is contributing towards that polarisation.

Absolutely spot on. I've been thinking about this a lot lately.

As someone who manages a store on Lake St in Minneapolis, I have been thinking about this a lot too in the last five weeks.
Dungeon Master
Jonathan

Cash on hand: 152.50
Bank: 933.17

Return to Finneman's Market