Super Bowl LIV

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Super Bowl LIV

Post by bookworm »

ImageImage   Image   Image

ImageImageImageImage

Discussion thread for Super Bowl LIV, Kansas City Chiefs vs San Francisco 49ers!
February 2nd on Fox at 6:30 PM ET.
  • This breaks the three year streak of the Patriots being one of the Super Bowl teams.
  • It's the second year in a row with a California team, after the newly relocated Rams were in last year.
  • This is a fairly expected matchup; the 49ers were presumed to become the NFC representative for most of the season showing consistent high level play, while the Chiefs were one of two AFC teams seen as the frontrunners and after a shocking upset knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs most people penciled them in to be here.
  • A 49ers win would give them a record tying sixth Super Bowl victory.
  • This is the first Super Bowl appearance for the Chiefs since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970.

Be sure to come by the Chatroom party in #NFL to live chat the game while you're watching! Or just come hang out even if you aren't watching! If you're at a real life party and aren't able to watch and chat at least try to check in at some commercial breaks or halftime!

2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2009, 2007, 2006
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I probably won't be on the chat, but I will most likely watch the game. My dad isn't a big NFL fan, but he he does like to catch the Super Bowl at least. I'll probably be hosting my dad and my brother for the game. I don't really care who wins, so we'll see if one team catches my attention over the other. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This is the first Super Bowl since I've been paying attention where I genuinely don't have a preference who wins whatsoever, to any degree. I'm not for or against either team in any way, and there are good stories on both sides. I have to pick one to root for so I'll probably be wanting the Chiefs just slightly more, only because I think it would be more important for Andy Reid to get a win after all the time he's been in the game than for the 49ers who are up and coming and will probably have more chances, but I won't be disappointed however it turns out. Just looking forward to enjoying a good game, which it certainly should be.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, I have no real love or hate for the Chiefs, but out of spite for the 49ers beating the Bengals in the Super Bowl twice millions of years ago, I guess I'll go for them.

But the real excitement is waiting for the XFL! \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It's time! Come join the chat party! (Even if you don't have the game on!)
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

Yeah, I'm gonna be playing video games.
Resident JRPG nut
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm watching with my dad and my brother. I don't care who wins. I'm just the party host. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Good game!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Less than a week until XFL kickoff!!!! \:D/

But yeah it was a good game. I still hate the 49ers for beating the Bengals in the Super Bowl TWICE so while I have no real affection for the Chiefs, I was rooting for them. Glad it wasn't a boring lopsided blowout or something. Biggest takeaway for me was Marvel shows coming to Disney +. \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Yay, I was so happy the Chiefs ended up with the win! Doubtful there for awhile. The 49ers beat the Packers TWICE this season, so therefore they are evil, naturally.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It was fun to see some excitement in the game and that it was close almost until the end. I had my dad and brother over to watch the game and none of us had a strong preference for the winner (me least of all) ;) so seeing a good game was nice.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Epic team introductions by The Rock, wrestling promo style. Need this every year.

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Hmm, somehow I missed that intro. Either it wasn't on the Canadian feed, or it was while I was out of the room. Either one is possible. ;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Needed more Hulk Hogan. At least we got Ric Flair in a hummus advertisement.