Honey (browser addon that saves you money!)

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Honey (browser addon that saves you money!)

Post by bookworm »

I wanted to take a moment to make sure everyone here is aware of the Honey browser addon because if you're not you need to be. If you do any online shopping you need to have this installed.

It's a tool that automatically tries all known active promo codes for an online retailer when you're checking out to see if there's a way you could pay less than you were about to. That's all there is to it. There's absolutely no reason not to have and use this; if it doesn't find a better deal you just continue with your original purchase, it if finds one it automatically applies it and you continue with the checkout process. Sounds too good to be true but I can confirm that it works.

When I was buying this shirt I originally used a promo code that gave me free shipping ($4.99 savings) but when I went to check out Honey run through its codes and found it was actually a better deal to use a different promo, which I hadn't known about, that took 20% off the order ($6.00 savings) and go ahead and pay the shipping. Another time I was ordering from Pizza Hut online and it found a code that took a couple dollars off completely unexpectedly. This thing literally just saves you money automatically. If I didn't know about it I would definitely want someone to tell me, so I'm making sure to tell all of you.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I always want to use it, but I do most of my browsing and buying on a phone and I assume it doesn't translate that way. >_>
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Browse on the phone, order on a computer when you find what you want. It's worth it.