MLB "live" chat

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

MLB "live" chat

Post by bookworm »

With the start of the season on delay due to COVID-19, the MLB YouTube channel has been airing rebroadcasts of significant past games each night. (They post the schedule for the week on their Twitter on Mondays.)

I've watched portions of a few; it's definitely better than nothing. And even though they're old games, there's honestly something about it being a live video feed that makes it pretty fun even though it's not actually happening live.

321tumbler and I were really looking forward to the return of baseball, and the ToO game chat series. We're going to make the most of the current situation and hold a viewing party for this Thursday's featured game: the 1998 Wild Card tiebreaker between the San Fransisco Giants and the Chicago Cubs

If you want to come hang out with us, connect to the Chatroom and join #MLB to say hi. You don't have to actually be watching the game. If you do want to follow along though, it will be free on YouTube at 6pm ET.

By the way, if you're a fellow baseball fan who is missing the game and aren't interested by the ones that have been selected for rebroadcast, MLBtv has made every game from the last two seasons currently free to stream with no account needed!
321tumbler
Tallying up

Post by 321tumbler »

Yes! Please come join us if you want to have a fun evening. There is quite a crowd, but we always welcome more. :)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Big thanks to everyone who came by tonight! It was genuinely just as much fun as when we do it for a regular game!
321tumbler
Tallying up

Post by 321tumbler »

Absolutely! There were lots of folks hanging out even though some were not baseball fans at all and it was nice to have new people to join in.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'm going to be in the Chatroom for this Friday's game if anyone wants to drop in! Starts at 6pm ET