Pizza Pizza

Favorite kinds and chains

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bren
Be positive!

Pizza Pizza

Post by Bren »

Food has been a major topic in ToO chat lately (go chat today) and when pizza was brought up the other day it got me wondering. What are your top favorite pizzas and chains? Right out of the gate I have to mention Casey's General Store. I'm quite fond of our chicken, bacon, ranch and taco pizzas. I used to like the old BBQ pizza from Cicis as a kid but haven't had it in years. I get a slightly modified BBQ pizza from Pizza Hut sometimes.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

Pizza Hut pepperoni pizza is my all time favorite
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I'm a simply guy. My favorite types are sausage pizza and cheese pizza. Pizzas with loads of toppings are pretty good, but not my favorite. :P
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Sausage and chicken are my go-to meats, since like, people look at me funny if I don't get meat on my pizza. Pepperoni and bacon are both disappointing toppings, and if neither continued to exist, I'd be quite happy.

My favourite pizza has Alfredo sauce, pineapple, and bell peppers.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I really like Hawaiian style. My favorite topping is definitely pineapple on a pizza. Which I've found is a pretty controversial topic. :anxious: And I think for favorite chain pizzas. Probably Domino's? I really love their pizza crust.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Danadelfos wrote:I really like Hawaiian style. My favorite topping is definitely pineapple on a pizza. Which I've found is a pretty controversial topic. :anxious: And I think for favorite chain pizzas. Probably Domino's? I really love their pizza crust.
Yeah, Domino's crust is underrated in the pizza game, and the price is pretty great, in general.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

In grade school, we had this program called BookIt, where, if we met our reading goal for the month, we got a coupon for a free personal-pan pizza from Pizza Hut. Personal-pan pizzas hold so much nostalgia for me now because of that.

I also love a good deep dish pizza (in moderation, of course) from Beggar's or Lou Malnati's.

There's also a local joint by me called Obi's that makes a killer thin-crust.
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Does the pizza have anchovies? If the answer is no then it's a good pizza.

If you're in Minneapolis and the restuarant industry has awakened from covid, stop in at Fat Lorenzo's just off of Lake Nokomis. But you gotta plan to go at 3 in the afternoon when no one is there, or be prepared to wait. Worth it though.
ByeByeBrownie wrote:There's also a local joint by me called Obi's that makes a killer thin-crust.
Please tell me that they play Cantina in their joint or on their phones or on their website.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

There's a local place I like over here but for chain stuff I really like Mellow Mushroom, although it's wildly expensive.

Anyway, the local place I go to has an amazing jerk chicken pizza that is ridiculously spicy, it's a jerk sauce base with mozzarella, chicken and pineapple. It's the best pizza I've ever had but I also have an affinity for spicy stuff.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah all the really good places are local, but Godfather's might just be my favorite overall and definitely my favorite chain. I dunno how widespread it is and its usually kind of expensive.

Little Caesar's has a bad reputation, but while it isn't literally the best ever, I think they are pretty good overall and definitely the least expensive. Like their regular pizza is kind of bleah but the deep dish and thin crust and garlic cheese bread are all pretty good.

Bren, I've seen Casey's when traveling but never stopped at one, but all of a sudden we have two in town, I'll have to give them a try.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Herman Cain pizza! I’ve heard of it but never checked it out. They don’t really have any locations anywhere near Atlanta, but there’s one down near my hometown in South Georgia so I may have to check it out someday. I’m guessing it’s one of those things that are big in a certain region like Waffle House or Zaxby’s.

Little Caesars is something I haven’t tried since high school but I remember it being great back then... until it reached a temperature below piping hot... then it becomes sliced bread with ketchup and string cheese. The deep dish I haven’t had though.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

The Top Crusader wrote:Bren, I've seen Casey's when traveling but never stopped at one, but all of a sudden we have two in town, I'll have to give them a try.
We just got our Philly Cheesesteak pizza back for 13.99. You can also get it as a sub if your store has a sub station by calling or ordering online. \:D/
ImageImageImage
logos linked