A New Normal

What are the positives?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bren
Be positive!

A New Normal

Post by Bren »

With all that has happened in the last few months, we have all seen changes to our normal. Some we don't like and others are kind of nice. What aspects of your new normal would you like to keep?

For me, I've enjoyed reconnecting with many of our old friends here. While my back has protested it, I have enjoyed getting three days off in exchange for working longer hours 4 days a week. Gives me more time with Bella. Plus, my days off have been on the weekend so my work weeks have been mostly the same. These events have also forced churches to switch to a live stream. So, I have been able to enjoy services from the church I grew up in back in Arkansas.

How about you? What aspects of your new normal would you keep?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
MonkeyDude
Processing

Post by MonkeyDude »

I feel a lot more united with the community as strange as it sounds. I've noticed people, at least in my area, have been a lot more friendly and happy in general. It's funny how stuff like this brings people together even while physically keeping them apart.
*Finger guns aggressively*
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I like working remote! \:D/ I'm hoping that continues at least a couple days a week.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I wish university classes would remain online. But, I only have one semester left and it's not an in-person class anyway so it doesn't really affect me anymore.
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

MonkeyDude wrote:I feel a lot more united with the community as strange as it sounds. I've noticed people, at least in my area, have been a lot more friendly and happy in general. It's funny how stuff like this brings people together even while physically keeping them apart.
I think that may vary by location. I live in a suburb, and get to work with the public in a large city, and I've seen a mix. Moreso in the city.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I like protesting minor inconveniences that can save lives! \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I could definitely get used to having my husband work from home all the time!
And it's been nice to not have to drive to all my oldest son's doctor appointments and therapies. Telehealth is so convenient!
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

I like that churches are using the internet and giving us more content than ever. They need to keep that up.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I had a prescription that needed to be renewed and I got to do it over a ten minute phone call with the doctor instead of going in person and being stuck waiting. I haven't seen my doctor in a few years and knew I would have to go in eventually (but kept waiting until they told me I had to) ;) so this worked out great! Definitely a silver lining.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I love this contactless delivery thing, too. I don't even have to interact with anyone, food just appears on my porch!
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

I get more time to play video games.
Resident JRPG nut
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

i don't have as many excuses to not work on my thesis and procrastinate :(
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Marvin D. wrote:i don't have as many excuses to not work on my thesis and procrastinate :(
Same :(
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: