School Memories

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bren
Be positive!

School Memories

Post by Bren »

With the month of May coming to an end, I am reminded once again of so many memories from my high school days. Even 10 years later the memories still come flooding back. I was in choir both junior and senior year and enjoyed it greatly. Especially our Christmas performances. My senior year, 4 members of our senior class were killed in an auto accident over spring break. While that was a very sad time, it also inspired my Make The Most Song.

I had many great teachers in high school. While it could be argued I was a teachers pet, I wouldn't have made it through without them. Many of which I wish I could thank today. I still remember a quote from my drama teacher. He used to always say "Ignore your inner critic" I enjoyed our spring musicals as well. Junior year was High School Musical (how appropriate) and senior year was Beauty and the Beast. While I didn't go to prom itself, I did go to post prom and had a blast. These are just a few memories that spring to mind

Anybody else wanna share with the class? ;)
ImageImageImage
logos linked
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, we are planning our 20 year reunion for next spring, yay oldness! \:D/

It seems like a lot of people absolutely hated high school but I dunno, it'd be silly to dwell too much on "glory days" of high school or whatever, but it was a really fun time in my life that I look back on fondly, especially junior and moreso senior year. By senior year I had a lot less stress in my school life and had already taken all the "hard" advanced classes I needed, and it was a small school so seniors could basically do whatever they wanted during free periods instead of being stuck in study hall. Fun times.

But as to Bren's post about choir... choir was awesome! I didn't want to join originally, but I wanted to quit band after elementary school, going into junior high, and my parents forced me to join choir if I quit band. Took me a few years to really get into it, but I got better at it and more of my friends joined over the years so it ended up being a really great experience the last couple years. I don't really have the time to put into rehearsals now but I do miss being in a choir, hopefully I'll have time to join a church choir or something some day. Or just a random secular choir of adults, I assume that exists somewhere. >_>