Top Tips For Cheapskates

Another one of those funny e-mails

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Top Tips For Cheapskates

Post by Evil Chick »

Top Tips For Cheapskates

~ Old telephone directories make ideal personal address books. Simply cross out the names and addresses of people you don't know.

~ When reading a book, try tearing out the pages as you read them. This saves the expense of buying a bookmark, and the pages can later be used for shopping lists.

~ Fool other drivers into thinking you have an expensive car phone by holding an old TV or video remote control up to your ear and occasionally swerving across the road and mounting the curb

~ Drill a one-inch diameter hole in your refrigerator door. This will allow you to check that the light goes off when the door is closed.

~ Avoid being wheel-clamped by jacking your car up, removing the wheels and locking them safely in the car until you return.

~ Avoid parking tickets by leaving your windshield wipers to "fast wipe" whenever you leave your car parked illegally.

~ Take your trash can to the supermarket with you so that you can see which items you have recently run out of.

~ No time for a bath? Wrap yourself in duct tape and remove the dirt by simply peeling it off.

~ Expensive hair gels are a con. Marmalade is a much cheaper alternative, but beware of bees in the summer.

~ Avoid cutting yourself while clumsily slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

is that what you do
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Lol! Thats great! :lol:
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Such good ideas!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

So funny! :lol: I love the telephone book one!
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Those were great! Bu I could never tear pages out of my book. :noway: I'd have to buy a new one. :(
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Those were funny.

Yours Wanting More,
Odyssey Bank Teller,
-Cowboy of Texas
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Barely Is wrote:Those were great! Bu I could never tear pages out of my book. :noway: I'd have to buy a new one. :(
Yeah, I guess that only works for people who read books only once...
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

=D>
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

haha cute....

~don't waste money on multiple toothbrushes for everyone in your house just take turns with it, kinda like "recycling".

~don't buy post it notes, instead pick up business cards from lots of places in town and use the backs of them to write personal memos.

~instead of paying big bucks for cable or satellite, just go to circuit city or best buy when there's a show you just have to watch(same thing works for cds too, just go listen to demos.)

~Braces? who can really afford orthodontists these days anyways? just make your own braces out of paperclips and staples...be creative.

~here's a no-brainer-cut your own hair
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

poWerbOy wrote:~here's a no-brainer-cut your own hair
I don't trust myself to do that.
Country Girl
Classic

Post by Country Girl »

poWerbOy wrote:haha cute....

~don't waste money on multiple toothbrushes for everyone in your house just take turns with it, kinda like "recycling".

~don't buy post it notes, instead pick up business cards from lots of places in town and use the backs of them to write personal memos.

~instead of paying big bucks for cable or satellite, just go to circuit city or best buy when there's a show you just have to watch(same thing works for cds too, just go listen to demos.)

~Braces? who can really afford orthodontists these days anyways? just make your own braces out of paperclips and staples...be creative.

THAT IS SICK! :sick: LOL

ROFLOL

hehe! sounds like something I wouldn't do ;)

braces.... one word... hammer ;) (OUCH!)

sadly.. dad does... he hasn't gotten it even YET.. in the 2-3 years that he's been doing it ](*,) it drives me crazy
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

poWerbOy wrote:haha cute....

Those are cute, too! My mom used to cut my hair.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I think I'll stick to not spending money. :noway:
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Itaque wrote:I think I'll stick to not spending money. :noway:
:shock: How could you?!
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

my mu used to cut my hair too
Jeremy Cartwood
Animatronic

Post by Jeremy Cartwood »

Those are hilarious! One of the funniest lists I've seen on here, probably the funniest.

:lol:

SUPER JEREMYCARTWOOD!!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Tearing pages out of books?! I'm appaled! My dad just uses toliet paper as bookmarks! Now that's cheap!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Hey, I do that too. :noway: Or either use a tissue. It's not that I don't have real bookmarks, I have lots. It's just a lot easier to use sometimes, and it doesn't matter if I lose it. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Oh, hehe, sorry. Didn't mean to call you cheap. I suppose it is an afforable way to have bookmarks.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz