Questions for Catspaw

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Why do you love Adventures in Odyssey?
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Great question! I love AIO for lots of different reasons. My childhood nostalgia is part of the reason, since I have been listening for over two decades by now. I love stories. I love to read fiction, watch TV/movies, listen to audiobooks, and use my imagination. AIO is a great fit with that - they tell lots of great stories, both one-episode ones and much longer arcs, and there are engaging characters that I connect to and care about. I also have seen God use AIO episodes in many ways to provide encouragement and conviction and so much much in my life over the years. I'll put on a fun episode to take my mind off a problem, or just for fun, and then suddenly a side story line or a certain line or verse that's used will catch my attention and I know that there was a reason that I "just happened" to select that episode. There's so much to love!
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

:hello:
is your name really George?
:bolt:
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

George. George Johnston. Yep, that's how I picked my username, and you cracked the code. :(
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Why do we even have a mobile site when it's so awful?
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

because at least it's better than the alternative of running the entire desktop site on a small screen?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

Is it a general rule that other people can respond to questions people ask you? Or is it just the usual for forums of know-it-alls? O:)
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

If I remember correctly, Catspaw has stated that she's fine with other people answering questions here. Like this one. =p
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yep, if somebody else knows the answer, I'm totally fine with them sharing it! Sometimes there are questions here posted for me that are clearly intended for just me to answer, but other times it's more of a site-related question that lots of people could potentially know as well, and might even remember more than me (for example, when bookworm posts about it) ;)

I don't have the know-how to improve the mobile site (and also have never used it), so if it isn't great, I guess people have the option of using it anyway or waiting for a time they have another way to access the ToO. Hopefully one magical day in the future it will be better, but as Marvin said, it's better than nothing for now.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Could I have my weird pickles reset to zero? I keep losing money from editing in Gowers, and I not posting enough in paying places to stay above zero.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I just want to interject that as someone who has been extensively using the mobile theme nearly exclusively for the majority of my ToO activity for over a year now due to more opportunities to browse from my phone than computer at present, I have no issues, technical or preferential, with its functionality. It's not the spiffiest thing we could have, but it is absolutely not objectively bad or broken.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Moontide wrote:Could I have my weird pickles reset to zero? I keep losing money from editing in Gowers, and I not posting enough in paying places to stay above zero.
Just PM me to let me know when that glitch occurs and I can refund you. :) I reset to zero for now.

Bookworm, thanks for sharing your experiences with the mobile site.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Are you even going to bother having another election or?...
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, in a month the election board will go up and we'll see what happens!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

YELLOW SOCKS?!
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Marvin D. wrote:YELLOW SOCKS?!
No disrespect intended but I've been wondering about the yellow socks myself.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

I strongly prefer yellow socks to weird pickles, but maybe that's just me.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

You will all need to talk to Top about that if you don't care for the rotating selection of odd things he keeps changing the funds to. ;) Hmm, it's almost as if his time is limited and he has an odd imagination... :-k
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

How many pillows do you sleep with?
What's your favourite thing about being Canadian?
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I have two pillows. One is just not enough. :noway:

My favourite thing about being a Canadian is cheering during the winter Olympics every four years! \:D/ And also that our Prime Minister jogging shirtless on a beach and getting photographed because there's a wedding happening there at the time is news. (For you serious folks out there, yes, other stuff makes the news too of greater importance...but still, not too bad.) ;)