Questions for Catspaw

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That is not traditionally or currently something that is offered, but I suppose you never know what the future may hold. (Hint: don't hold your breath.)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote:Hillindgdale Haven was created as a place for people to be silly and post silly and/or short posts, but so as not to overly encourage people just posting silly stuff, no funds were provided for posts, and that has continued to this day. That allows people to post stuff without any of the usual requirements of having useful content but without encouraging it to spread everywhere.
To add to this something people sometimes don't realize: HH does still increase your post count though, it's only money that's turned off. So while the standards are much lower in there than the rest of the forums the posts generally still have a modicum of thought behind them. This is the distinction between HH and the Padded Room, where money and post count are disabled, since posts there require no effort to compose, such as counting threads and the like.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Catspaw: Corner brownie, or center brownie? :-k
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Good question! I would prefer a center piece, but hey, any kind of gooey chocolately goodness is okay in my book! :yum:
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Do you ever miss the excitement of elections and such?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It's definitely less exciting without so much competition and drama, like we had at one point way back in the day. I don't entirely miss it, since sometimes things got a little too competitive and nastily dramatic, but mostly it was fun!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

:inlove: Catspaw.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

:inlove: AE. I've missed you!
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Can I be vice-dictator?
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Can I be dictator, but just over Bob?
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Dictatorship is such a fine line. I'm not sure how a vice-dictator would work. Hmmmm, decisions, decisions. Persuade me. ;)
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Turning down both of our requests would make you look stingy, and could impact your popularity on the board. I therefore propose the following: If you make me the dictator of just Bob, I will tell him he cannot be vice-dictator for you. This way, you will not be forced to turn down either of us.

However, if you were to grant Bob’s request, you would still need to decline my request, since only a dictator can install another dictator. Clearly you cannot grant both our requests, as it would be nonsensical to have a “vice-dictator” who can only act with the permission of a personal dictator.

If I were to become the dictator of just Bob, I would order him to become to the most active and thoughtful contributor of the board. This would have a snowball effect and usher in a new era of prosperity for the ToO. I would also tell Bob to help me with the Counting to 100,000 thread so we could finally finish it. This would free up many posters who could then contribute to other threads.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

There would be a snowball effect yes, but not in the way you suggest. If you were to be made dictator over just one person that is not how it would remain for long. Eventually one wouldn't be enough. We saw from the events of Catsville that once control over a little is felt there develops a desire to expand the control to everything else.
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Turning down requests is the privilege and natural right of the great Dictator of Catsville. If anyone is offended by that or chooses to harbor ill will in their hearts, clearly they were only traitors anyway. (Incidentally, the point made by some about the vice-dictatorate being necessarily mutually exclusive with a so-called 'personal dictator' is also false. In principle it is a similar concept to the 'balance of power', and would be not very different from the vice-dictator being subject to the true dictator of Catsville.)

The chief benefit of having a dictator of vices is efficiency. There are a lot of aspects of Catsville that are problematic or inconvenient and take away from the Dictator's valuable time. Crushing dissidence, enacting and enforcing rules to keep order and bring Catsville to a brighter future, and expanding the influence of the Catsville Way worldwide all have facets that could benefit from the addition of a loyal minion with free time. Like Moses in the Old Testament, who handled major issues of consequence and delegated things of lesser importance to judges and captains, the great Dictator of Catsville's attention and energy need not be wasted on minor affairs of state. The old bad days of 'elections' and 'mayors' have mercifully passed on in this shining new era, but there may have been a little wisdom even in that archaic age. A new vice-dictator, and, if needed, a captain of police, could fill in gaps and clear up time in the Dictator of Catsville's schedule for afternoon sun-warmed naps. I think all loyal citizens of Catsville can agree that, while having to settle occasionally for minions instead of the personal attention of their Dictator is a hardship, it will all have been worthwhile if her Catship is benefited in that fashion.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

My goodness, there are so many perspectives to consider. I will clearly need more time to ponder these considerations prior to rendering my final judgment.

Also, I do not care for the title "Catship." Say it out loud and it should become clear why. :shame:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

hello, Catspaw :evillaugh:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Great question! I look so good thanks for drinking lots of water and just generally being awesome. Thanks Marvin!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

oh, so that's the secret :(

what are you looking forward to the most this year?R \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yeah, some things are impossible to teach. :(

I am looking forward to a new niece or nephew in May! \:D/ That is something awesome to look forward to later this year.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

How long has Top been manipulating our currency?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!