Questions for Catspaw

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

It's been a long time since anyone's even started a faction. I can't remember how much subforums were...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

The Randoms raised the funds for a British Faction and gave it to Catspaw, but as far as I know, nothing ever came of it.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Woody wrote:The Randoms raised the funds for a British Faction and gave it to Catspaw, but as far as I know, nothing ever came of it.
Shennifer asked if there was a certain time period that info had to be submitted by for whatever the title and description would be, and I said no, and I never heard back with info, so I assumed the details were still undetermined. The faction can still happen at any time!

For some reason I thought maybe subforum fee was doubled. The first one was $500, the second was $1000, the third was $2000, etc. I really don't remember. If anybody was really interested, I would probably just go with $500 each right now.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

We didn't get all the details decided, if I recall correctly. But I can get on that soon.

Till the end of the line.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It still makes no difference to me. It's only for you guys that it might matter, if there is something that you want to discuss sooner rather than later.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I’ve been thinking a lot recently about this request and would like to revisit the proposal. I think it’s a very good idea to have a designated section in HT for video game threads because while they fall under media, there’s a bit of a disconnect when compared with what else goes in there: movies, books, music, etc.

So is it possible to, first, introduce such a subforum in the first place? And if so at least create a new one for video games if an agreement can’t be reached to make the existing gaming Faction that subforum?
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Why is The Living Library in Subscription Based Content? It doesn't hinge on being in a group since guests can see it too.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

Pool I forgetting thread.
Fritos or tortilla chips?
I am confused
The Mysterious
I've been here a bit

Post by The Mysterious »

How do I change my name? (not now, but someday)
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

Pm the great and powerful catspaw.
I am confused
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bookworm wrote:I’ve been thinking a lot recently about this request and would like to revisit the proposal. I think it’s a very good idea to have a designated section in HT for video game threads because while they fall under media, there’s a bit of a disconnect when compared with what else goes in there: movies, books, music, etc.

So is it possible to, first, introduce such a subforum in the first place? And if so at least create a new one for video games if an agreement can’t be reached to make the existing gaming Faction that subforum?
Oops, it looks like I never replied to this post. Unless it was an April Fool's joke (based on the date of the post) I guess I should do that! Maybe there could be a thread with listings for all the video game posts, like there is for TV shows and movies. Except we don't have a ton of video game discussion, which is why I don't think I was ever sure if this was a joke or just an organization thing.
Bren wrote:Why is The Living Library in Subscription Based Content? It doesn't hinge on being in a group since guests can see it too.
If I recall correctly, this was done at the request of the admins who created the content, though they can correct me if I am wrong. We needed a place to put it when their term ended, and since it was still being used, the archives were not an option.
E II wrote:Pool I forgetting thread.
Fritos or tortilla chips?
I don't really eat either of those. I like Doritos.

Also, question for E II - is it just me, or is there maybe a typo or missing word in that first line? I'm not quite sure what that should say.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

Ya my kindle is odd like that sometimes sorry.
I am confused
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It's all good. I saw a different post (I can't remember which thread it was in) where it looked like something had been auto-corrected oddly and I figured you were probably using some device that was trying to help you but was being unhelpful. ;)
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

Ummmmmmmm, wait, it's been quite a few months, and no election..? What?
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

There's a bit of a delay this time around. Don't worry - it is still coming, possibly with an adjustment or two.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote:
bookworm wrote:I’ve been thinking a lot recently about this request and would like to revisit the proposal. I think it’s a very good idea to have a designated section in HT for video game threads because while they fall under media, there’s a bit of a disconnect when compared with what else goes in there: movies, books, music, etc.

Oops, it looks like I never replied to this post. Unless it was an April Fool's joke (based on the date of the post) I guess I should do that! Maybe there could be a thread with listings for all the video game posts, like there is for TV shows and movies. Except we don't have a ton of video game discussion, which is why I don't think I was ever sure if this was a joke or just an organization thing.
It was absolutely sincere, I didn’t realize I had posted it on April Fools.
I think there are actually quite a number of video game threads, or I wouldn’t have supported the suggestion. Certainly enough to warrant some kind of additional organization. The index idea wouldn’t work here because unlike for movies and tv shows, the video game threads have nonspecific topics. There aren’t threads just about a certain game, they’re about different types of games, themes, and just gaming in general.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

We created the Gamer's Den as a faction to kind of cover that, but it is of course buried in the factions so doesn't get much attention.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yeah, exactly. The Faction is exactly what is needed - in concept. But because people either aren't aware of it or don't care or both, some threads get put in there and some get tossed into HT. If it's not used exclusively it doesn't work. That's why instead of trying to introduce something new, it would be a perfect move to simply move the faction to a subforum. Then it would be used as intended, which is the perfect solution in the first place.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

As the only active mod this term, I approve of this idea! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Would you want to keep all the ancient stuff in there? There are some really old threads in the Gamers Den, though maybe that's the point.