Log of site issues

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 110 [2013]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Lasted for nearly three hours.
(I know it was a Dreamhost problem, it’s just being listed for the record.)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

bookworm wrote:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 110 [2013]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Lasted for nearly three hours.
(I know it was a Dreamhost problem, it’s just being listed for the record.)
I had the same exact thing. I almost had a heart attack because I thought it was my set up again. Annoying but I am glad the ToO is back up and running.
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

Is there a way to allow widescreen YouTube videos to expand when the are embedded instead of shrinking them inside a standard sized viewer?
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Every few pages I try to load I get the generic “cannot display the webpage” message. I’m unsure if it’s a problem with this site, or just with the campus network.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Every few days now this past week. I've been getting "Safari cannot connect to the server." It is not my set up as I can access all of my other sites. Nothing urgent and I'm not complaining, just thought I would post it.:D
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Laurie wrote:Every few days now this past week. I've been getting "Safari cannot connect to the server." It is not my set up as I can access all of my other sites. Nothing urgent and I'm not complaining, just thought I would post it.:D
I've gotten that a few time as well :-k
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Hey everyone, you may have received that error over the weekend as I moved thetoo.com and aiowiki.com to a new, faster server. So depending on the web traffic, your ISP might have been directing you to the old server location.

This might still happen as the information propogates across the internet, but the end result should be a faster, more responsive experience both here and at aiowiki.com. Please let me know if this is the case (just reply here... I'll check in from time to time as I always do).

Thanks!
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Shadowpaw!

EDIT:

I just got this:
Error 502 - Bad Request
The server could not resolve your request for uri: http://thetoo.com/index.php
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Thanks Shadowpaw! <3
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Thanks for the notice Shadowpaw, because now the connectivity issues are nearly insufferable. :cpu: I hope it’s cleared up soon!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

bookworm wrote:Thanks for the notice Shadowpaw, because now the connectivity issues are nearly insufferable. :cpu: I hope it’s cleared up soon!
I received the "Safari cannot connect to the server" message one time this afternoon after reading Shadowpaw's post. Since then I have not had any problems.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I’ve been consistently unable to load pages all evening. Usually right after I make a post. I’ll refresh the page about 20 times and it will finally load, and my post will be there like nothing happened. (Meaning it posted correctly, but the confirmation page never loaded and the rest of the site went down for me after.)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I just got the message again. I hope and pray this clears up soon.
Last edited by Laurie on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

This has been happening to me for the past couple days, and I'm not sure if it has anything to do with what Shadowpaw said....but I keep getting this throughout the day when I try to load a page.

After it shows that I have to wait a minute or two, and then reload it again. I'm not sure if it has to do with Google Chrome or what...but I do know that it has happened to me at least 7 times today. >_> and I also get the "No Data" message from time to time.
Last edited by snubs on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That’s probably the Chrome equivalent to the IE error I’ve been getting and the Safari error Laurie is getting. Meaning we’re all having the same issue, which is good (in a way) of the browser just being periodically unable to load the site.
Woody

Post by Woody »

It's also probably the same problem I'm having with Firefox.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Thanks for letting me know guys and gals, I'll look into it. It is definitely related to the server move, but it shouldn't (I don't think anyway) still be happening this many days later.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Shadowpaw wrote:Thanks for letting me know guys and gals, I'll look into it. It is definitely related to the server move, but it shouldn't (I don't think anyway) still be happening this many days later.
Is this why my email notifications have stopped coming? It's been like 3-4 days (maybe more), and no matter if I post in the topic, read the topic, unsubscribe and resubscribe to the topic, nothing seems to work.
Last edited by snubs on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Woody

Post by Woody »

That has been happening to me as well. I thought it was connected to the fact that we just got our computer back up, but perhaps not.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I just got online for the first time today and the ToO was the first site I loaded. The homepage came up fine, I opened four forums in new tabs, each new page failed to load for about 10 refreshes. ](*,)