Should Christians look different?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

You cannot be more conservative than this. :noway:

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Conservative isn't exactly a black-and-white term. After all, there's "no shorts above the knee" conservative, and then there's "all skin except your hands and face should be covered" conservative. So.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Actually... I had never heard of the Collingsworth family. :P And just because there's a really good picture of them singing in nice looking outfits, doesn't necessarily mean they're conservative... Yeah, and nice drum set in the background. Yeah, I'm reaaaalllly sure that drums are most likely used in conservative churches. (at least, it looks like a drum set. and is that a guitar and violin?)
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Also, Lee mentioned their stage presence, and I've never seen them sing or anything, so I can't really comment on that, but you can dress as conservative as you want, and still have a wordly attitude. I don't know these people and I'm not judging them, just pointing something out.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Whitty Whit wrote:Actually... I had never heard of the Collingsworth family. :P And just because there's a really good picture of them singing in nice looking outfits, doesn't necessarily mean they're conservative... Yeah, and nice drum set in the background. Yeah, I'm reaaaalllly sure that drums are most likely used in conservative churches. (at least, it looks like a drum set. and is that a guitar and violin?)
If you check out their website and Facebook page, you'll see that they are always dressed modestly like they are in the posted picture. :p

I love defending people I don't even know! \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Over the Rainbow wrote:You cannot be more conservative than this. :noway:

How dare you post this smut on here!? Children might see it!! :x
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Amethystic wrote:....and then there's "all skin except your hands and face should be covered" conservative. So.
I think that description may be pushing the envelope on the "conservative" definition and veering into the territory of "extreme." ;)
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

@JP. Yeah, what I just said.

@OTR. Yeah, what JP just said.

@Top. lol. xD

@Sherlock. You have a good point.
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Sherlock wrote:
Amethystic wrote:....and then there's "all skin except your hands and face should be covered" conservative. So.
I think that description may be pushing the envelope on the "conservative" definition and veering into the territory of "extreme." ;)
This is truth. Most of this 'hyper-conservative' behavior shouldn't even exist.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Whitty Whit wrote:Yeah, I'm reaaaalllly sure that drums are most likely used in conservative churches. (at least, it looks like a drum set. and is that a guitar and violin?)
There are some conservative churches with a 30-piece orchestra with electric guitars and drums included. ;)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Whitty Whit wrote:Actually... I had never heard of the Collingsworth family. :P And just because there's a really good picture of them singing in nice looking outfits, doesn't necessarily mean they're conservative... Yeah, and nice drum set in the background. Yeah, I'm reaaaalllly sure that drums are most likely used in conservative churches. (at least, it looks like a drum set. and is that a guitar and violin?)
Whitty Whit, What is so non conservative about a guitar or violin? I can see where you're coming from with the drum set, but not on the violin.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Whitty Whit, What is so non conservative about a guitar or violin? I can see where you're coming from with the drum set, but not on the violin.
I'm not quite sure what Whitty was saying, but he definitely wasn't saying a guitar and violin are non-conservative...
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Oh. I'm just saying that usually most churches that have drums sets and guitars for their worship services are contemporary. ;) And I'm just wondering if that's a guitar or violin. Violin's I'm fine with and guitars. Just not guitars for church services. And there's nothing wrong with drums. Just not for church services as well. ;) I'm just like that.
#FOREVERKITTY
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Oh I see, I misunderstood. I thought you meant that the Collingsworth family playing the violin made them non conservative or whatever. It is a violin by the way :P
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

The Top Crusader wrote:
Over the Rainbow wrote:You cannot be more conservative than this. :noway:

How dare you post this smut on here!? Children might see it!! :x
Oh, there's more where that came from! :x

ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Look at their unshod feet! It's infernal indecency! :x
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Shopping at public markets! :x
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Lee wrote:*cough* Not to keep this going, but I know exactly what johnfalconer meant. I wouldn't say the Collingsworths are immodest per say, but they did used to be more conservative in dress and their stage presence. But for most of you who aren't really conservative, (no offense) I could see how it wouldn't make sense to you.
Okay, i think that makes more sense then,I only saw some more recent photos of them, so I didn't realize that they used to be more conservative.
And please people, don't think I'm slamming them. I'm not anyone's judge. ;) They've just changed a lot, that's all.

\:D/
Ryan Matlock
Level 4, Adventures in Odyssey Collector

Post by Ryan Matlock »

In my opinion, Christians should be modest in their clothing and wary of what their clothes say. For example, I think it is okay to wear a T-shirt. But a T-shirt with skulls or innapropiate images, not so much. So, yes, I think Christians should look different to some degree. And Steve, I approve of the way you live in reguards to your appearace. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. :)

~~~RyanCummings, Youtuber, producer of the World Famous Odyssey podcast, writing assistant to Brock Eastman, and SUPER AIO fan.
ique
Found

Post by ique »

Wow. This topic is really gross. :D I think I'm going to go kill myself.