Brethren/Non-denominational Q&A

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Brethren/Non-denominational Q&A

Post by Mark Prescott »

So, yessery-bob. Basically, take everything in the Bible, then take it to the next extreme. That's what we are. I'm more liberal than most people in my Church, but I will try to answer any questions you have about non-denominational churches you could have.
~Mark Prescott~
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

Could you define Brethren?

Also do you have a link to a statement of faith?

What are some ways you're more liberal?
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

We're not so much brethren as non-denominational, I was just saying that because if we were part of a denomination, we would probably be brethren. My church website is down right now, but I will get that link to you as soon as it is up. How am I more liberal? Mind you, I am not liberal, just liberal compared to my church. My church is very, very conservative. So to most, I am actually pretty conservative. My views differ in issues like evolution, salvation, teaching, pretty much the big issues.
~Mark Prescott~
John Chrysostom

Would you mind comparing and contrasting your views and your churches views on those three issues?
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

While most conservatives believe that the Earth was made mature; I believe that the earth evolved over time. Not only the Earth, but also species. I mean, there were only two of each dog on the ark, and they did not really "Breed" new types of dogs back then, so all dogs had to come from those two. Salvation, on the other hand is not really an isuue for this topic, but I think I will go make another topic for it. Salvation and teaching aren't really me vs. my "non-denomination", but just my personal views.
~Mark Prescott~
John Chrysostom

Infant or believers baptism?

What are your denominations views on communion? Open or closed, how often, symbol or something more?

Do you believe that miracles happen in our present age?
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

My church believes in believers baptism, and looks down on anyone who doesn't. Communion at my church is done twice a month, and it is a symbol of Christ's blood and body. Yes, we do.
~Mark Prescott~
John Chrysostom

Meaning you look down on those who practice infant baptism?

Where does your church stand on ordination of women?

What is your churches view on the Nicean Creed?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Did humans also evolve over time? Were we always human, or did he evolve from another animal?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

Sorry for not replying, life's been a little busy. No, humans have always been humans. The ordination of women? Well, If you mean women's places in the church then woman are not allowed to teach or preach in this church unless to younger-than-10-year-olds or other women. I am not sure what the Nicean creed is. It sounds familiar, but would you expand?
~Mark Prescott~
John Chrysostom

That is what I was wondering.

Also I asked if by looking down on those who don't practice believers baptism you meant you were very much against infant baptism?

This is what I meant by the Nicene Creed. http://www.antiochian.org/674

What is your view on Catholicism?