What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite Harry Potter book/movie. I just finished Where Dandelions Bloom. Excellent book, I loved it!! Up next for me is Until the Mountains Fall by Connilyn Cossette. It is the third book in her Cities of Refuge series.
Last edited by Laurie on Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Nice! I'm enjoying the book so far.

I read "The Spinster's Christmas" by Camille Elliot (who also writes as Camy Tang) yesterday. It was a nice Sunday afternoon historical read. :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Until the Mountains Fall last night, excellent book. Up next for me is Christmas Blessings by Katherine Spencer, it is the 18th book in her Cape Light series. 
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm over 500 pages through "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire." Since book 3 was 300 pages, it was a bit of a surprise to see that book 4 had 600 pages. This is the first one where I've really noticed big changes between the movie and the book. I can see how they had to cut a lot of stuff just for time to make the movie, and it's been fun getting all the extra info in the book.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Christmas Blessings, wonderful book!! I absolutely adore Cape Light!! Up next for me is A Love Made New by Kathleen Fuller. It is the third and final book in her Birch Creek Amish trilogy.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just started "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" and it's 800 pages, so I might be reading it for a while. ;) I'm probably going to read another book at the same time too, since I have a few books I want to read over Christmas.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Always Look Twice, excellent book. Up next is Summer on Sunset Ridge by Sharlene McLaren. This is the first book in her Forever Freedom series.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm starting "Serving Up Love," with four novellas by different authors. I like a nice quick read like that sometimes.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I am currently reading Toward the Sunrise by Judith Pella. Very good so far. This is the third book in her Daughters of Fortune series. This series was published in the early 2000's but can be found online.
Last edited by Laurie on Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just finished "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince." It was a great read. Very interesting.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I just finished Toward the Sunrise, excellent book. I'm really enjoying this series. Up next for me is Yours Truly, Thomas by Rachel Fordham.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just finished "More Than Words Can Say" by Karen Witemeyer. Her books never disappoint!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I just finished Yours Truly, Thomas, absolutely wonderful book!! Up next for me is In the Shadow of Croft Towers by Abigail Wilson. First time reading this author.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm finally up to "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." \:D/ It will be interesting to finish off the series.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished In the Shadow of Croft Towers, excellent book!! I've added another author to my very, very long list. Up next for me is Echoes Among the Stones by Jaime Jo Wright.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I recently read "7 Women" by Eric Metaxas, which was a very good read! Each of the biographies were short yet impactful. I learned more about six women of faith that I knew a bit about, and learned about somebody I had never heard of before. I would definitely recommend it.

I'm currently reading "A Pursuit of Home" by Kristi Ann Hunter, and I'm really enjoying it. We find out so much more about a character that's been in the background of several of her other books!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I just finished Echoes Among the Stones, excellent book!! It kept me turning pages. Up next is A Rumored Fortune by Joanna Davidson Politano.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm not familiar with that author. Let us know what you think of the book, Laurie!

I'm reading "The Bride's Matchmaking Triplets" by Regina Scott. Not the best title ever, but a nice light read so far.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished A Rumored Fortune, wonderful book!! Up next for me is The Land Beneath Us by Sarah Sundin. This is the third and final book in her Sunrise at Normandy trilogy.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I should read some of Sarah Sundin's books one day. They always look so interesting.

I'm starting "His Frontier Christmas Family" by Karen Kirst. I've had a cold and been feeling tired and sick lately, and it's nice to read something not too stressful. ;)