What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

I'm still rereading the Circle series by Ted Dekker. Also reading Ender's Game. Read it and watched the movie when I was younger but don't remember a lot. It has a lot more.. mature content than I remember. Welp.
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Finished London Bridges. No more James Patterson for me. Now reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Washington's Spies, excellent book. It is the book that AMC's TURN is based on. Up next for me is Stories That Bind Us by Susie Finkbeiner.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I'm listening to the Artemis Fowl books on Audible, and it's a pure nostalgia rush. They're as good as I remember too! \:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Stories That Bind Us, wonderful story. Up next for me is The Bridge to Belle Island by Julie Klassen.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I really enjoyed "The Bridge to Belle Island" and so did a friend of mine who is also a Julie Klassen fan. I think you'll like it, Laurie! It kept me guessing for quite a while.

I'm starting "The Blue Castle" by Lucy Maud Montgomery. I've read it countless times before and love it every time. It's one of her lesser-known books especially compared to "Anne of Green Gables" or "Emily of New Moon." I have an association where I like to read it around my birthday because the main character has a birthday early in the book....not like other books don't have birthdays in them ;) but for some reason that stuck with me. It's also a good excuse to read one of my all-time favourites!
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I still haven't finished Howl's Moving Castle D:
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm just starting "Diamond in the Rough" by Jen Turano. It's the second book in her American Heiresses series.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

"Christus Victor" by Gustaf Aulen. Getting my theology vibe on! \:D/
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Bridge to Belle Island, wonderful story. Up next for me is Eliza Hamilton: The Extraordinary Life and Times of the the Wife of Alexander Hamilton by Tilar J. Mazzeo. 
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Nice! I was sure that you would enjoy "The Bridge to Belle Island," Laurie.

Last night I was sitting in my living room, trying to decide what to do, when all of a sudden I remembered that I had purchased the hardcover illustrated version of "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" and hadn't actually read it yet, so I read the first eleven chapters. The illustrations are absolutely gorgeous. It's unabridged, so all the text is there, and the pictures are really nicely done.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished the Eliza Hamilton, excellent. Up next for me is Veiled in Smoke by Jocelyn Green. It is the first book in her Windy City Saga.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Sounds interesting, Laurie! :D

I'm reading the illustrated version of "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets." The illustrations are really lovely. It isn't my favourite of the seven books, but still worth the read. :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Veiled in Smoke, excellent book! Up next for me is A Magnificent Catastrophe by Edward J. Larson. It's about the presidential election of 1800.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I finished reading the illustrated version of "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire." It was very nicely done. The fifth illustrated version isn't out yet, so I will have to content myself with reading the regular version of "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" next. ;)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished A Magnificent Catastrophe, excellent book. Up next for me is Standoff by Patricia Bradley. It is the first book in her Natchez Trace Park Rangers trilogy/series.
TheDinosaurPlanet
Processing
Post by TheDinosaurPlanet »

Isaac Watts' Hymns and Psalms. Pretty good. Wish we sang more than what we do.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOO!

Other places are okay
And some are fine
But as far as hometowns go
Well, Odyssey is mine
Oh, it's the place to be
I'm sure you will agree
Have you ever been to Odyssey?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm about to start "Storing up Trouble" by Jen Turano. I plan to finish it by tomorrow evening because I'm meeting a friend who wants to borrow the series on Thursday morning. That's good motivation to get it done. :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Standoff, excellent book. Kept me turning the pages. Up next is Collateral Damage by Lynette Eason. This is the first book in her Danger Never Sleeps series/trilogy.
TheDinosaurPlanet
Processing
Post by TheDinosaurPlanet »

Soon, I'll be reading The Scarlet Letter. That will be interesting!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOO!

Other places are okay
And some are fine
But as far as hometowns go
Well, Odyssey is mine
Oh, it's the place to be
I'm sure you will agree
Have you ever been to Odyssey?