The Harry Potter Thread

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

What is your favorite Harry Potter movie?

The Philosophers Stone
15%
The Chamber of Secrets
No votes
The Prisoner of Azkaban
8%
The Goblet of Fire
23%
The Order of the Phoenix
8%
The Half Blood Prince
8%
The Deathly Hallows Part 1
8%
The Deathly Hallows part 2
31%

Total votes: 13

No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

For films, I thought 3, 5, and the "Deathly Hallows Part 1" (I liked most of 6, but I thought it could have been better), but because I have to choose I went with The "Deathly Hallows Part 1."
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Half Blood Prince. It's like the Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back of the Harry Potter canon.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Okay, so, I absolutely must interject this right now....

I'm a Slytherin. (Yes, I became too curious and had to check out Pottermore.) That was mildly unexpected haha. I really thought I was going to be in HufflePuff.

Anyway, Goblet of Fire was the film I enjoyed the most. \:D/
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I TOLD YOU SO.

Gryffindor. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein

Post by 31899 »

Aeva wrote:Okay, so, I absolutely must interject this right now....

I'm a Slytherin. (Yes, I became too curious and had to check out Pottermore.) That was mildly unexpected haha. I really thought I was going to be in HufflePuff.

Welcome to Slytherin.

Last edited by 31899 on Tue May 29, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

So has anybody been doing any Harry Potter stuff recently? I met somebody at Camp in my cabin who enjoyed Harry Potter as much as I did, and we had a wizards duel. It was actually pretty awesome, we were using a bunch of different spells such as Engorgio, Protego, Stupefy, Crucio, Reducto, Sectumsempra, Serpensortia, and more. We had a lot of fun, in a ridiculous and stupid way.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

No. :( No Pottermore, no Wii, no movies or books.
But Kimberly can tell Fred and George apart, apparently. Whenever I open this topic and she sees your picture, she knows which twin it is, even without seeing the F. Then she described how one has this, the other has that... I'm afraid. ;)

Actually, now that I think about it, she's been on Pottermore a few times. She likes exploding cauldrons. \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

31899 wrote:

Welcome to Slytherin.

Thank you. \:D/ (We should now proceed to conquer the world.)
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa

Post by 31899 »

Taps wrote:So has anybody been doing any Harry Potter stuff recently? I met somebody at Camp in my cabin who enjoyed Harry Potter as much as I did, and we had a wizards duel. It was actually pretty awesome, we were using a bunch of different spells such as Engorgio, Protego, Stupefy, Crucio, Reducto, Sectumsempra, Serpensortia, and more. We had a lot of fun, in a ridiculous and stupid way.
That sounds like it was a lot of fun!

@Darcie: Pottermore needs to come out with new material :(
Aeva wrote:
31899 wrote:

Welcome to Slytherin.

Thank you. \:D/ (We should now proceed to conquer the world.)
Definitely, where should we start?
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

31899 wrote:
Aeva wrote:Thank you. \:D/ (We should now proceed to conquer the world.)
Definitely, where should we start?
China and Russia.

We've got to get them before they get us. :mad:
Last edited by Aeva on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by 31899 »

I've got a better idea *points wand at sky* Morsmordre!

Let's start here \:D/

Edit: So the world domination is off?
Taps

Post by Taps »

AH! DEATH EATERS! THE DARK MARK! AHHHHHHH! *runs around screaming* wait- i'm a gryffindor! What am I doing? *shoots spell at 31899*
CreativeThinker101
Fourscore and seven

Post by CreativeThinker101 »

[quote="Marvin D."]HARRY POTTER IS OF THE DEVIL :x[" quote]

I know this is a really old post, but I stumbled upon it, and I have to ask you: Have you even read Harry Potter? If you have, then just tell me to be quiet. But if you haven't, how can you judge something you don't even know about? I'm just saying.
Signed,
CreativeThinker101
And Check out my AIO website! Here's a link: http://www.justanotheraioblog.blogspot.com/ Please comment on it! Because if you don't, I'm gonna call the exterminator!
THANK YOU
(P.S. What an interesting and fun website.)

Post by 31899 »

Taps wrote:AH! DEATH EATERS! THE DARK MARK! AHHHHHHH! *runs around screaming* wait- i'm a gryffindor! What am I doing? *shoots spell at 31899*
*Blocks awesomely*
CreativeThinker101 wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:HARRY POTTER IS OF THE DEVIL :x[" quote]

I know this is a really old post, but I stumbled upon it, and I have to ask you: Have you even read Harry Potter? If you have, then just tell me to be quiet. But if you haven't, how can you judge something you don't even know about? I'm just saying.
MnT is mostly sarcastic but that is a surprisingly common thought on the ToO, which is sad. (The thought that "Harry Potter is evil," which is incredibly false.
CreativeThinker101
Fourscore and seven

Post by CreativeThinker101 »

I know, a lot of people I know think it's 'evil' too, and they haven't seen the movies/read the books or anything. I asked them why, and they said, Harry Potter has spells.
Signed,
CreativeThinker101
And Check out my AIO website! Here's a link: http://www.justanotheraioblog.blogspot.com/ Please comment on it! Because if you don't, I'm gonna call the exterminator!
THANK YOU
(P.S. What an interesting and fun website.)

Post by 31899 »

People are like that, and don't like to think for themselves. I think the Borg Queen said it best
The Borg Queen wrote:Small words from a small being, trying to attack what it doesn't understand.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Ignoring the fact that The Borg were trying to assimilate everyone. \:D/

Evil? I don't know. Haven't read it. And I wont be reading it for at least until I move out of my parents house. Personally, from all I have heard from my friends it sounds like a good story. And that's the fact that most people don't acknowledge. It's just a story. Just like The Wizard of Oz, The Chronicles of Narnia, (Over rated alert.) and the Lord of the Rings. It's all about marketing. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.

Post by 31899 »

Knight Fisher wrote:Ignoring the fact that The Borg were trying to assimilate everyone. \:D/
That's only a small detail :p.
Knight Fisher wrote:Evil? I don't know. Haven't read it. And I wont be reading it for at least until I move out of my parents house. Personally, from all I have heard from my friends it sounds like a good story. And that's the fact that most people don't acknowledge. It's just a story. Just like The Wizard of Oz, The Chronicles of Narnia, (Over rated alert.) and the Lord of the Rings. It's all about marketing. \:D/
New favourite person.
Taps

Post by Taps »

So- this thread is dying. LETS THINK OF SOME DISCUSSIONS GUYS!!

Favorite Character. GO.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Snape.
Because he's one of the most dynamic characters I have ever seen in any book/movie.
He is the epitome of AWESOME, I think.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: