The TV Tells me How to Vote/Blimey Cow

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Don't come between Josh and his Apple Cider Vinegar.

To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

What is this guy trying to parody epic meal time?
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

What is it about church camp that magically makes other boys in your youth group suddenly attractive and appealing?
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

I saw a Dr. Who fan post this on facebook and knew I had to post it here. :D
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

haha that's great :lol:

and the video was great; so true....

Till the end of the line.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Wow. I feel so old. I will probably one of the last human beings to own physical books. :(
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

This is exactly why I hoard my favorite books: to preserve them for a paperless generation. :(
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I'm curious, what was everyone's view on 'Dating Jesus'? :anxious:

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I thought the alternate ending was hilarious. :-
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot

Should I ask how a steady cam for the iEye would work, or is it better not to?
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Blessed Cheesemaker wrote:Should I ask how a steady cam for the iEye would work, or is it better not to?
Better not to say.

I couldn't resist.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot

Astronomer wrote:
Blessed Cheesemaker wrote:Should I ask how a steady cam for the iEye would work, or is it better not to?
Better not to say.
I couldn't resist.
I thought of saying that but figured you would be the only one to get the reference.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

The Kings Daughter wrote:I'm curious, what was everyone's view on 'Dating Jesus'? :anxious:
I absolutely loved it. I mean, the whole 'dating Jesus' phrase really turns me off. "So you're dating Jesus? Tell me, how is this romantic relationship working with the Savior of the universe?" It just sounds weird... I mean, it's one thing to say that you adore Christ above all other men and wish Him to be your focus, and not have any other guys in the picture, but it's a big difference using that as an answer, as Jordan pointed out. So I basically think he was spot on about the whole thing.

I never wanted to date until recently... before, all I said when asked was the very honest: "I don't want to date." I didn't want to date, so why bother shoving it off on Jesus as if I'm so pure and holy and whatnot? And when I was younger, I would have answered "I'm not allowed."... cause I definitely would not have been. ;)
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Kings Daughter wrote:I'm curious, what was everyone's view on 'Dating Jesus'? :anxious:
I thought it was one of the most boring ones ever. \:D/ None of my friends have ever claimed to be "dating Jesus", so I couldn't relate at all.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Termite wrote:
I absolutely loved it. I mean, the whole 'dating Jesus' phrase really turns me off. "So you're dating Jesus? Tell me, how is this romantic relationship working with the Savior of the universe?" It just sounds weird... I mean, it's one thing to say that you adore Christ above all other men and wish Him to be your focus, and not have any other guys in the picture, but it's a big difference using that as an answer, as Jordan pointed out. So I basically think he was spot on about the whole thing.

I never wanted to date until recently... before, all I said when asked was the very honest: "I don't want to date." I didn't want to date, so why bother shoving it off on Jesus as if I'm so pure and holy and whatnot? And when I was younger, I would have answered "I'm not allowed."... cause I definitely would not have been. ;)
Yeah, see, I can get the whole 'awkward statement thing'. But I felt like after watching the video that any girl would be afraid to be 'in love' with Jesus. Which is not a bad thing! :P

Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

The Kings Daughter wrote:
Termite wrote:

Yeah, see, I can get the whole 'awkward statement thing'. But I felt like after watching the video that any girl would be afraid to be 'in love' with Jesus. Which is not a bad thing! :P
Technically we are all (all believers) to be 'dating Jesus'. We are to be his bride, so at the moment aren't we dating him?
Though I prefer to think Jesus would court, rather than date. \:D/
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Technically, being his Bride is symbolic, and not specific.

Think of it... Loving neighbors as Christ loves us, or loving your spouse... intimately.

Big difference.

I love Jesus above all others, but I date my boyfriend. ;) And if girls are going to be ashamed of loving Jesus because they're told not to 'date Him', then I feel like that's something they need to deal with. *shrug*
Last edited by Termite on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

The latest, which is one of my favorites.

"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Yes! I really liked this video! I have been waiting for someone to say exactly that for a long time.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Termite wrote:Technically, being his Bride is symbolic, and not specific.

Think of it... Loving neighbors as Christ loves us, or loving your spouse... intimately.

Big difference.

I love Jesus above all others, but I date my boyfriend. ;) And if girls are going to be ashamed of loving Jesus because they're told not to 'date Him', then I feel like that's something they need to deal with. *shrug*
Yeah, okay. ;) Someone saying, "I'm dating Jesus" would bother me. I just hope it didn't discourage any girls from still thinking of Him as 'our Prince'. So much freedom in the latter. :)

And the latest labels one was pretty good. ^.^