Wii - November 19

Who's Getting One?

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Wii - November 19

Post by Shadowpaw »

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157572.html

I know I am! :) Can't wait to play TLoZ with the Wii-mote :).
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

Wow! I didn't expect Nintendo to come through before Christmas. $250 is a very impressive launch price point for any console. It seems that Nintendo may finally be doing something right.
*Quivers, Frank-style*

How much you wanna bet Twilight Princess will be delayed yet again? ;)
Not dead yet.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

ToO$ 250. >_>
Don't hold me to that.

But yeah, being the token Nintendo fangirl, I'll definitely buy one soon after launch day. It seems to have a very good start pricepoint compared to all of the other next-gens, too...
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Not on launch day... even though its cheaper than the competition, it's still more than I have lying around to freely spend. :( A lot of the rumors were putting it at $170-200... but hey, $250 is still a great deal! When I do get around to getting a next gen console, it'll definitely be the Wii (and I never bothered with N64 or GC). \:D/
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

David O wrote:How much you wanna bet Twilight Princess will be delayed yet again? ;)
The Twilight Princess is definitely a launch title (there are 25 launch titles). I think it's been finished for quite a while, they've just been waiting to release it alongside the Wii to attract a bunch of new people. They are even bundling in some free games (just casual sports titles) to give people something to do right out of the box. I'm definitely looking forward to playing the system! :)
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

If all three consules in E3 were around the same price ($300 or so) then I'd probably get an XBox 360.

But with the Wii so low, and the PS3 so high, I'm DEFINITELY going with the Wii. I applaud nintendo for trying to break the mold and I hope developers are clever enough to release some really cool never-before-seen games.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

I'm waiting for Smash Bros. to come out. I don't really have time to play right now since I have school.
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

I can't wait for Smash Brothers with a Wii controller :drool:
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

STRYPER wrote:I can't wait for Smash Brothers with a Wii controller :drool:
It doesn't use the Wii controller. :-
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

:(

How do we know that yet?
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

They said so when they showed the trailer for SSBB months ago. :anxious:
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

The Top Crusader wrote:They said so when they showed the trailer for SSBB months ago. :anxious:
Yeah, they said when they tried the motion sensing thingy it just got in the way. If it ain't broke don't fix it. They said you can use the Gamecube controler on the Wii if you want.
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Elrohir wrote:They said you can use the Gamecube controler on the Wii if you want.
Actually that might make the transition a little easier. I remember switching from Smash Bros to Melee took a lot longer than I would have wanted.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

STRYPER wrote:
Elrohir wrote:They said you can use the Gamecube controler on the Wii if you want.
Actually that might make the transition a little easier. I remember switching from Smash Bros to Melee took a lot longer than I would have wanted.
Actually I've read a few reports now that say you can also use the Wiimote and the Classic Controller... but I'm not sure that that's 100% confirmed or not.
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

i will definately get one. if i have the sufficient funds to obtain one.
**crez go to sonuna
uz: MELF WILL YOU MARRY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!?
mirkwoodelf: I DONT KNOW I HAS OTHER PROPOSALSES.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

November 19th??? What the poop? That's right after the PS3 launch. Talk about suicide. On top of that, they have like no games other then the launch titles planned.

I'm not buying one. Nintendo's console market is dying and all their good games are having this weird (although cool) controlled forced on them and it's killing the original concept. On top of that, the only decent games for the Wii are the ones made by Nintendo themself, which come out about once every 2 years, so no thank you, I'll stick with a 360 or PS3. I'd rather spend 400 or even 600 dollars for a great console with great games then spend 250 dollars on a semi-good console with few games.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Xiao wrote:November 19th??? What the poop? That's right after the PS3 launch. Talk about suicide. On top of that, they have like no games other then the launch titles planned.
True, but they have at least twice as many consoles available (I've heard different numbers)... PS3 will sell out and people will be able to get a Wii for a while longer.

I really think Nintendo would be wiser to get a jump on the PS3, though. From what I've heard they're pretty much ready so I'm not sure what the delay is. Not a great idea, but I'm seeing much more Nintendo love than Sony so they still have a fair shot at things. No way I'm blowing $600 on a console, myself, and most people I know and forums I go to feel the same way.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Yeah, pretty much everything I've been reading (poll wise) indicates people are leaning towards purchasing the Wii over the PS3 this holiday season, myself included. Some of the gaming sites I frequent that I thought had a Sony slant were even bashing Sony's arrogance, which is something I've always disliked about the company. Plus, at least initially, most people will own only one of either the Xbox 360 or Playstation 3, and probably pick up the Wii as a side console since it's so unique and it's quite possible Wii will have a much, much larger market share than the Gamecube's medicore sales would indicate.

And, like Top said, I would have preferred them to get the jump on Sony, but I also think this works. Since the PS3 is going to be dreadfully under stocked, that just means people will be more likely to pick up another system that's also brand new. The diehard Sony fanboy's will get their fix, but once that limited supply runs out, Nintendo (and Microsoft) will benefit from it.

I'll eventually pick up a PS3, but I'm quite happy with my 360 and I'm really looking forward to playing the new Zelda on my Wii, as well Super Mario when that comes out :).
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

A little video I found a while ago appropriately picturing the fight this Christmas...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbqc-F4Tyfk

(I apologize if this has been posted somewhere else :anxious:)
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

STRYPER wrote:A little video I found a while ago appropriately picturing the fight this Christmas...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbqc-F4Tyfk

(I apologize if this has been posted somewhere else :anxious:)
Wow. That made me really, really happy. "It's just me, man." - Too true.

I think that Nintendo is playing this really smart. I don't understand why they're waiting so long to release, but in any case I have a pretty good degree of confidence that Nintendo's manuevers in this generation is going to make the mistakes with the Gamecube just look like a fluke in Nintendo history. I can hope anyway. Nintendo has the best first party games.
:noway:
Not dead yet.