Dance Dance Revolution!

Any fans?

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Dance Dance Revolution!

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Has anyone here ever played Dance Dance Revolution? I have Ultramix 2 for XBOX, and I want to get Party Collection for PS2 (Only thing is, I'd also have to get a PS2) or 5th Mix for Playstation (which I do have).

My favorite songs are:

Moonlight Shadow
Dream a Dream (Captain Jack's Miami Booty Mix)
Luv to Me
Wherever You Are
V (For Extreme)
LoveShine
Dam Dariram
Rubberneckin' (Elvis/Paul Oakenfold remix)

My step-sister plays ONE song over and over again: Standing Still in Time. I liked it originally, but now I'm starting to get tired of it...

I can play any song on Light and make A's and B's on my favorites or ones that I know. I can pass most songs on Standard, but that doesn't mean I make good grades on them! I'm still figuring out my technique.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

This topic was already started here. ;)

I have Ultramix 2, as well. Moonlight Shadow, Wherever You Are, Monkey Punk, Starmine, B4U, and Close Your Eyes are among my list of favorites.

I've pretty much mastered Light on every song, although there are a few exceptions (such as MAX 300). :(

I've been working on Standard with and without the "Little" option.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

I make it a habit not to revive topics that are buried more than two pages deep. Upon further examination, this topic was at the very bottom of page three. So there's no reason why I shouldn't start a new one.

What's the Little Option?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I think you have the same one I have... it's lots of fun, hopefully I'll get one of the newer ones someday... I saw they are coming out with one especially made for Nintendo that has remixes of Nintendo themes and Mario characters in it and stuff, but since I don't have a GC, and even if I did, I don't really want to spend the money on the pad thingy, too... it looks unlikely I'll be playing that anytime soon.

Probably just as well... I'm not very good at it... :(
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I may as well announce that Digital Praise is coming out with a verision that uses Christian songs. Looks pretty cool.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Sweet. \:D/

Will they be releasing the game for all platforms?
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Me wrote:I may as well announce that Digital Praise is coming out with a verision that uses Christian songs. Looks pretty cool.
That is pretty awesome!

Is it going to be an official release, or blackmarket like all the other Christian games on major consoles? :-s
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

~*WannabeRocker*~
Not as new

Post by ~*WannabeRocker*~ »

The Dance Praise thing sounds cool, I really liked playing the dance dance revolution at a friends house, but the songs are secular and sometimes the character dresses skimpy. Cant wait for the christian one to come out!
YAY!
Will rock for Jesus!!!

Me
An original

Post by Me »

I have no idea about the console versions. The only one I saw was for the PC. And of course it's going to be underground.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Me wrote:I may as well announce that Digital Praise is coming out with a verision that uses Christian songs. Looks pretty cool.
I might also ad that my darling brothers have tested the Digital Praise DDR program and have pronounced it "Really really fun". I saw it myself...and it looked really REALLY cool. If I remember right the girl dancing is very modestly dressed. \:D/ Looks to be wonderful. Not to mention that you're dancing to all your favorite songs! Haha! Yes! Haha! Yes! (My darling brothers also went in for a photo shoot and might be on the box somewhere when it comes out! Haha! What fun!)
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

I'm not getting the Dance Praise thing. For one thing, you can't get it on XBOX or GameCube or PS2. What's the point of having a TV that's almost as tall as me if I can't play DDR on it? I have a pretty big computer screen, but it's nowhere near as big as my dad's big screen TV.

Another thing I don't like about it is that it has music I've never heard of. I like the techno, electronica, and dance remixes on DDR. This stuff looks like it's mostly ZOEgirl and bands I've either never heard of or dislike with a passion. They wouldn't have to do electronica Christian music to make me happy; I'd be fine with some upbeat Rich Mullins or Chris Rice or Mark Schultz (or even some remixes of their music). DC Talk would be awesome to have (toby mac is okay, but I like DC Talk as a group way better), but since they're disbanded I'd settle for Jars of Clay. And think of what they could do with POD!

So despite the advantage of Dance Praise being Christian, and despite the racy music in DDR, I think I'll stick to the latter for now.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Frank wrote:
I might also ad that my darling brothers have tested the Digital Praise DDR program and have pronounced it "Really really fun". I saw it myself...and it looked really REALLY cool. If I remember right the girl dancing is very modestly dressed. \:D/ Looks to be wonderful. Not to mention that you're dancing to all your favorite songs! Haha! Yes! Haha! Yes! (My darling brothers also went in for a photo shoot and might be on the box somewhere when it comes out! Haha! What fun!)
I could have tested it, but didn't because I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of a bunch of 40 somethings.

Yes, the girl is modestly clothed, although if I remember correctly, she is wearing bell-bottoms, which sort of freaks me out.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Me wrote:Yes, the girl is modestly clothed, although if I remember correctly, she is wearing bell-bottoms, which sort of freaks me out.
They just had to go and date themselves like that. :shame: :-

Oh, and I've never tried DDR. I'd be pretty awful if I tried. :anxious:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I was horribly horrible when I first tried... now I still am not that good, but can pass a good number of them... \:D/
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

I hate freeze arrows. I can handle the double time if I work at it, but those freeze arrows throw me off. I always turn them off, although some songs (Moonlight Shadow, Dream a Dream) don't have them anyways.

Bell bottoms aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be. I like my jeans and pants to have a definite flair around the ankles-- I can't stand tapered pants because it feels like they're suffocating my ankles.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Rachael wrote:I hate freeze arrows. I can handle the double time if I work at it, but those freeze arrows throw me off. I always turn them off, although some songs (Moonlight Shadow, Dream a Dream) don't have them anyways.
I initially disliked the freeze arrows, but I've become more accustomed to them since. What's frustrating is the number of air jumps they have at any given point in a song, primarily when you have 8+ in succession. Up-down, left-right, up-right, up-left, down-right, down-left, up-down, up-down, etc. >.<
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Oh, I love those. Moonlight shadow has four in a row when it comes to 'Moonlight Shadow': right-down x2, left-down x2. The later on the 'I stay, I pray' Bridge it looks like this:

up
left-right jump
down
left-right jump
x2

But Dam Dariram is the one with like 16 jumps in succession.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Rachael wrote:But Dam Dariram is the one with like 16 jumps in succession.
We're talking about Standard, right?

I can handle the Air arrows on Light just fine, but I find myself tripping over my feet at certain songs on Standard. :(
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Yes, Dam Dariram on Standard has sixteen jumps in succession. Although it may be like that on Light, too... I don't remember right now.