Knights of the Old Republic (1&2)

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Knights of the Old Republic (1&2)

Post by EK »

Ive played the first one forever and I just keep replaying it and replaying it, but I just recently got the second one and it is awesome! Who else enjoys these games?
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

I am definitely a fan of the first one. Unfortunately, my life got too busy and complicated to ever finish this beautiful piece. I hope to get to it someday, but my life seems to be chalk full right up until Christmas for now... :(

(Ahhh... one of the few good Star Wars video games...)
Not dead yet.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

So? Are you still stuck on Taris? ;)
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

No doubt. :)

It's a bloomin' shame, but one that I can get over...

KotoR has been added to my list of "Awesome cossas that I need to finish".
Not dead yet.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Oh, I LOVE that game! How far have you gotten? If you have trouble with any part....you can ask me....because I've basicly done it all. ;)

KotoR has an AMAZING plot line! It's incredible! (although, you'll only discover it later on in the game)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

My guess is hes....*rubs temples* if hes still on Taris...he is probably doing the swoop races or rescuing Zaalbar.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm still on the boring first planet, and last I played (MANY months ago) I was in the stinky place with the diseased people.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The undercity? Meh the first planet IS boring...
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I played KOTOR when it came out, I guess that was two years ago, and loved it. It was one of the few games that the very moment I finished the game, I loaded it back up and started it again (the second time through I started playing on the light side of the force, but I never finished it the second time). There was some terrific moments in that game, and being evil, I had a lot of fun near the end when I ordered the wookie to kill his friend... I was shocked I could do that. There was lots of great moments that I was surprised I was able to done in a game, and ultimately change the outcome.

I have yet to play KOTOR2, but I probably will one day. Life's just so busy these days!
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Shadowpaw wrote:I played KOTOR when it came out, I guess that was two years ago, and loved it. It was one of the few games that the very moment I finished the game, I loaded it back up and started it again (the second time through I started playing on the light side of the force, but I never finished it the second time). There was some terrific moments in that game, and being evil, I had a lot of fun near the end when I ordered the wookie to kill his friend... I was shocked I could do that. There was lots of great moments that I was surprised I was able to done in a game, and ultimately change the outcome.

I have yet to play KOTOR2, but I probably will one day. Life's just so busy these days!
*gasp* You ordered Zaalbar to kill Mission!!! HOW COULD YOU????? ;)
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Lady Simbelmynë wrote:*gasp* You ordered Zaalbar to kill Mission!!! HOW COULD YOU????? ;)
Believe me, I was shocked too. I saw the option on the screen... selected it... and watched in horror as I forced one of my own party members to murder his best friend. But Zaalbar had pledged his life to me for saving his, so he had no choice.

I felt bad.. for a few seconds... and then moved on :).
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

You felt bad for killing off some pixels.....obviously my 2nd time around in the KOTOR games I will always do every dark side thing....in KOTOR 2 theres hordes of HK-47s! \:D/ (Wait make that the upgraded version HK-50) But you get to go around the world finding the parts for the old HK-47 on the Ebon Hawk!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

That was one thing I missed out on in the original... I didn't find HK-47 until near the end of the game, because even though I visited the planet he was on... I didn't go into the shop he was in. So I kept hearing all these great things about this guy and I had never even used him... kind of disappointing :(.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Yeah...but he was all evil... >.> so now I guess that when you repair him and he joins your party with the light/dark side influence thing you could make him good...
Hawk
Brings Love and Joy

Post by Hawk »

Is that out on Xbox?
Sorry guys, I lost internet. Hope to see you again soon!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Yeah its only for Xbox and PC I think...
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

hey i played the light side for kotor 2... but one the first one
beat the game completely light sided... i probably play dark side now
the light side buffs are awesome for damage increase and so on...
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

KOTOR is probably the best 'action' game (I.E., it's not Tetris or the Sims; that makes it an action game to me) I've ever played. I played as a female Jedi, and so the plot twist near the end was even more awesome because you weren't expecting
Darth Revan to be a woman
. I dropped the controller and went running through the house when I realized who I was. No one but me was really as excited about it as I was, though. I really want KOTOR II for my birthday, but I also really want Mara Jade: By her Emperor's hand for my birthday. :-/ I played as light side when I could, although I made a few Dark Side mistakes here and there, like killing the guy in the duels. But mostly I was a good Jedi.

I thought it was cool that Richard Maxwell and Wooton were in it, and every time I watched KND with my brothers I couldn't help saying, "I will never join the dark side! We have Rainbow Monkeys on the light side!" in a Scottish accent.