Age of Empires

...AOE III is out!

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Age of Empires

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Too bad my video graphics card isn't the best. :(

Would anyone like to have a game of Age of Empires (I or II) one of these days? \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I bought the collector's edition the day it came out ;). You really should join The Gamers Clan Trent (and anyone else who is interested in video games!).
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Would anyone like to have a game of Age of Empires (I or II) one of these days? \:D/
In a former life I was an AOE II expert, and wonder if I can summon up enough skill to beat my dearest Trent at a game? \:D/
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

girls play video games :-s
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Frank wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:Would anyone like to have a game of Age of Empires (I or II) one of these days? \:D/
In a former life I was an AOE II expert, and wonder if I can summon up enough skill to beat my dearest Trent at a game? \:D/
Let's find out! Tonight at 9 ET! \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Were you serious Trent? :-s Well...perhaps we could set up a time...PM me about it...
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Bleh. I'm using MSN Gaming Zone, but I keep getting an "Unable to load game" error each time. Disabling my firewall doesn't do anything, and I've tried re-installing the program multiple times. Help? ](*,)
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I have 1 and 2 I'll probably get 3 when it gets a little cheaper.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

What is AoE comparable to? Is it more like Civilization, or more like Command & Conquer? Or something completely different?
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

It's like Age of Mythology. :anxious:
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

Brian wrote:What is AoE comparable to? Is it more like Civilization, or more like Command & Conquer? Or something completely different?
It's a Real Time Strategy game much like Command and Conquer, only with more ancient warfare.
Not dead yet.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Ah, sounds cool, then... the Civilization type of game can be fun but I prefer a quick skirmish rather than worrying about my economy, etc...
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Yeah, AOE has mastered the design of balancing economy verses war. Civilizations is too much economy, C&C is to much war. AOE is just right...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Too much war!? :shock:

NEVER!! :x
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Yeah, I pretty much have a thing for Command and Conquer and Age of Empires. It's just to bad I haven't been really into it these past few years. But, if given the chance and the money, I'd certainly go back to those favourite games.

BC
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

i loved aoeII and i am planning on getting aoeIII as soon as possible. it is a little hard though since i live in japan.

Iverkid/Cronosan
Pray for Sri Lanka.
map
Found

Post by map »

My husband and I used to fight against each other all the time. We loved it. My husband is a lot better at it than I am. We'll probably purchase it once the price comes down.
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

I like "Age of Empires II", but my brother bought "Empire Earth" & that was fun, Until i got the game "War of the Ring" i like it... IT RULES
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I haven't played it, but it sounds like a fun game. Free downloadable version, anybody? \:D/

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:I haven't played it, but it sounds like a fun game. Free downloadable version, anybody? \:D/
That's called piracy. :(

But there are always free demos! ;)