Nintendo Dieing?

Nooooo

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Nintendo Dieing?

Post by EK »

Poor Gamecube sales zap Nintendo.
Whats funny is the Gamecube has the best graphics of them all...and people say that PS2 is the best! :x
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I believe XBox is the best graphiced of the three... Nintendo is 2nd.

Anyway, Nintendo usually makes up for bad console sales with their handhelds.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Brian wrote:I believe XBox is the best graphiced of the three... Nintendo is 2nd.

Anyway, Nintendo usually makes up for bad console sales with their handhelds.
I mean as in graphics processors...Gamecube is the best...but it hasnt been used to full extent...
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Eon Spitfire EK V2.exe wrote:I mean as in graphics processors...Gamecube is the best...but it hasnt been used to full extent...
Actually, Xbox also has the more powerful graphics processor as well ;). It's 233 MHz, while Gamecube's is only 162 MHz. Playstation 2 is last, with 147 MHz.

If you check out this site, you'll see Xbox just blows Gamecube out of the water in the graphics category (except for "Texture Read Bandwidth", it is really a no contest).
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Noooo...well...im sueing my infomative podcasts! Well...Nintendo has much to offer, milikng the GBA line for all its worth, and it may even build a remake of the NES now that the Copyright has gone out.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

These type of articles drive me nuts.

Nintendo has a complete corner in the market when it comes to gameboy. PSP doesn't really count since it's more of a portable entertainment center and all the games are for older consumers. Gameboy is the only system of it's kind that is targeted for young boys (7-16 or so). Sega tried with GameGear but it never matched up to the mighty Gameboy. Nintendo makes billions off of bad games with cheap graphics because, next to a cell phone, the gameboy is the only thing a young child can have to being able to play something anywhere.

The other thing Nintendo thrives at is their industry characters. They still get a lot of milage out of not only Mario and friends but Kirby, Link, Donkey Kong and even pokemon.

Other than that, they have nothing going for them. When I first heard that Nintendo was releasing another gaming unit for this generation I almost tore my hair out. Sega was smart. They bailed out before they got in over their head. Sony and Microsoft are too big to compete with in the hardware industry and Sega saw that their strength (and only resilience) was in software.

Nintendo has yet to get the message. If they continue with this battle they will only lose and lose miserably. They have some strengths and they need to capitalize on them before they lose it all. If they don't act soon... can you imagine what would happen if EA owned the rights to Mario et. al. :shock:
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Well NBA Street V3 made by EA had Mario in it... >_>
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten