Unpopular AIO Opinions

What are your unpopular aio opinions?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Unpopular AIO Opinions

Postby Monica Stone » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:23 pm

There are a lot of AIO fan opinions that most of the fan base seems to share. Most fans would agree that Jason and Jillian should not get together and that Novacom is probably in the top two AIO sagas, if not the first. But sometimes, you have an opinion that is unpopular or unusual. What are your unpopular opinions?

Here are a few of mine:
*Emily Jones is one of the best developed, most interesting kid characters in the entire canon of AIO.
*Although it is somewhat undesirable, I would rather have Jason marry Jillian than Connie.
*Album 51 is actually pretty good.
I got this...
User avatar
Monica Stone

Watching Pixar movies :-D

 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:47 am
Location: Odyssey
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 303.90

Re: Unpopular AIO Opinions

Postby MonkeyDude » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:28 am

Preach it sister!

*I actually kinda like that Connie is single. Like I'm not so cruel that I think she should stay that way forever but I'm really glad they haven't rushed anything.
*I don't really enjoy listening to Buck or Jules that much. Don't hate them or anything just kinda meh
*Going along with what Monica said, Emily is actually a really great character. She's one of the most real and genuine kid characters we've ever had.
*I don't think this is unpopular but Whit's writing has been really janky lately. He almost feels like a different person (not in a good way).
*I'm just gonna say it. Go ahead and stone me. I don't get all the Jason hype. Yeah he's really cool and I still think he's a great character but he's never been in my favorites.
*Penny is eh.
*
*Finger guns aggressively*
I got this...
User avatar
MonkeyDude
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:03 pm

Cash on hand: 181.70
Bank: 20.00

Re: Unpopular AIO Opinions

Postby Catspaw » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:54 pm

What a fun thread idea, Monica! I love it. :D I'm curious to see if enough people post the same opinion that they think is unpopular that we have to determine that it actually is popular but we just didn't know it because we were all afraid to say it. ;) Like a poll for the most underrated player in the NHL and almost everyone says the same guy - is he really underrated if almost everyone agrees he is underrated? Maybe nothing like that will emerge. We'll see!

I agree with Monica that I like Jason and Jillian together. I actually might like it more than she does. I think they're fun together. I'm totally okay if it doesn't go anywhere romantic, but they at least need to be friends.

In a similar vein (with the topic being Jason's love life) I actually really liked him with Monica Stone (no relation to the originator of this thread, to the best of my knowledge) ;) and waited for years for her to pop up again. Why did they bother with, "Are you going to bring my flowers, Jason?" "Maybe on Valentine's Day." if absolutely nothing was ever going to happen? Maybe at the time the writers thought they would develop that further and it just didn't happen for whatever reason.
Image
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
User avatar
Catspaw

 
Posts: 28901
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Canada
Age: 35
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 9,492.15
Bank: 1,958.31

Re: Unpopular AIO Opinions

Postby Monica Stone » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:10 pm

MonkeyDude wrote:Preach it sister!

*I actually kinda like that Connie is single. Like I'm not so cruel that I think she should stay that way forever but I'm really glad they haven't rushed anything.
*I don't really enjoy listening to Buck or Jules that much. Don't hate them or anything just kinda meh
*Going along with what Monica said, Emily is actually a really great character. She's one of the most real and genuine kid characters we've ever had.
*I don't think this is unpopular but Whit's writing has been really janky lately. He almost feels like a different person (not in a good way).
*I'm just gonna say it. Go ahead and stone me. I don't get all the Jason hype. Yeah he's really cool and I still think he's a great character but he's never been in my favorites.
*Penny is eh.
*


YASS TO THE EMILY LOVE! I hope she starts getting the appreciation she deserves.

I understand where your coming from about enjoying single Connie. I think the reason most fans (myself included) want Connie to get married is because they want her to have an arc. Would we agree on that point? ;)


I like your hot takes, even if I don't necessarily agree with them.

Catspaw wrote:What a fun thread idea, Monica! I love it. :D I'm curious to see if enough people post the same opinion that they think is unpopular that we have to determine that it actually is popular but we just didn't know it because we were all afraid to say it. ;) Like a poll for the most underrated player in the NHL and almost everyone says the same guy - is he really underrated if almost everyone agrees he is underrated? Maybe nothing like that will emerge. We'll see!

I agree with Monica that I like Jason and Jillian together. I actually might like it more than she does. I think they're fun together. I'm totally okay if it doesn't go anywhere romantic, but they at least need to be friends.

In a similar vein (with the topic being Jason's love life) I actually really liked him with Monica Stone (no relation to the originator of this thread, to the best of my knowledge) ;) and waited for years for her to pop up again. Why did they bother with, "Are you going to bring my flowers, Jason?" "Maybe on Valentine's Day." if absolutely nothing was ever going to happen? Maybe at the time the writers thought they would develop that further and it just didn't happen for whatever reason.


Thanks! I am genuinely curious to see where this thread goes :-D

I didn't necessarily say I liked Jason & Jillian together, but I like them together more than Connie & Jason together. I currently enjoy their interactions because they are fun together and make an interesting duo, but I don't think they would work together as a couple. Of course, the AIO writers may surprise me. My stance is not unchangeable.

If you couldn't tell by my username, I love Monica Stone and she is my ideal choice for Jason. I definitely agree with you on that one. I wish she would at least come back, even if nothing romantic happened between her and Jason.
I got this...
User avatar
Monica Stone

Watching Pixar movies :-D

 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:47 am
Location: Odyssey
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 303.90

Re: Unpopular AIO Opinions

Postby MonkeyDude » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:19 am

Monica Stone wrote:
YASS TO THE EMILY LOVE! I hope she starts getting the appreciation she deserves.

I understand where your coming from about enjoying single Connie. I think the reason most fans (myself included) want Connie to get married is because they want her to have an arc. Would we agree on that point? ;)


Not trying to start another civil war but #TeamEmily.

I can definitely agree with you on that! I think (correct me if I'm wrong) Connie biggest struggle/arc over the years has been finding a purpose in her life, and while I definitely have no gripes to her getting married, it'd be really nice for her to find that purpose outside of a love interest and maybe even outside of Whit's End.


Catspaw wrote:
In a similar vein (with the topic being Jason's love life) I actually really liked him with Monica Stone (no relation to the originator of this thread, to the best of my knowledge) ;) and waited for years for her to pop up again. Why did they bother with, "Are you going to bring my flowers, Jason?" "Maybe on Valentine's Day." if absolutely nothing was ever going to happen? Maybe at the time the writers thought they would develop that further and it just didn't happen for whatever reason.


Monica_Stone wrote:
If you couldn't tell by my username, I love Monica Stone and she is my ideal choice for Jason. I definitely agree with you on that one. I wish she would at least come back, even if nothing romantic happened between her and Jason.


Ok I seriously agree with you guys here. I really liked Monica and she was a super compelling character. I'd love to see her comeback.
*Finger guns aggressively*
I got this...
User avatar
MonkeyDude
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:03 pm

Cash on hand: 181.70
Bank: 20.00

Re: Unpopular AIO Opinions

Postby Monica Stone » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:54 pm

MonkeyDude wrote:
Not trying to start another civil war but #TeamEmily.

I can definitely agree with you on that! I think (correct me if I'm wrong) Connie biggest struggle/arc over the years has been finding a purpose in her life, and while I definitely have no gripes to her getting married, it'd be really nice for her to find that purpose outside of a love interest and maybe even outside of Whit's End.

Ok I seriously agree with you guys here. I really liked Monica and she was a super compelling character. I'd love to see her comeback.


I believe there was basically a war back in like 2012-2013 about Emily already but who knows, there could be another one :anxious:

I think Monica Stone might not be as unpopular as we think, maybe just not talked about. She was an amazing character. I'd love for her brother, Duncan Matthis to make a comeback, too.
I got this...
User avatar
Monica Stone

Watching Pixar movies :-D

 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:47 am
Location: Odyssey
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 303.90

Re: Unpopular AIO Opinions

Postby Catspaw » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:51 pm

Monica Stone wrote:
MonkeyDude wrote:
Ok I seriously agree with you guys here. I really liked Monica and she was a super compelling character. I'd love to see her comeback.


I think Monica Stone might not be as unpopular as we think, maybe just not talked about. She was an amazing character. I'd love for her brother, Duncan Matthis to make a comeback, too.

Yay! I totally agree with that. While I think it might not actually happen, especially considering how much time has passed, I think there's lots of potential for interesting storylines.
Image
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
User avatar
Catspaw

 
Posts: 28901
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Canada
Age: 35
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 9,492.15
Bank: 1,958.31


Return to Whit's End

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests