Make a New Sentence Using Episode Titles

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Make a New Sentence Using Episode Titles

Postby Peachey Keen » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:43 pm

I thought it might be fun to try this game. Make up a new sentence by only using just 2-3 AIO episode titles. No other words can be added and the titles must be in their full form.

Here's my first one:
Rumor has it Wooton knows best.

Who's next? It's harder than you think! :badgrin:

==EDIT==
Catspaw had the great suggestion to allow for some smaller words along with the titles. Feel free to add 1-2 letter conjunctions along with the titles, if you wish.
Last edited by Peachey Keen on Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You have a geek in me. An AIO one, actually.
Apple Podcasts|Google Podcasts|Spotify
I love the ToO!
Peachey Keen

Cash on hand: 756.48

Re: Make a New Sentence Using Episode Titles

Postby Catspaw » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:53 pm

Fun idea, Peachey Keen! Years ago when my sister got married, I was her maid of honour, and I was totally stuck when I tried to write my speech...until the idea struck me to use AIO episode and album titles. Obviously then I used other words as well, unlike in this game, but it really was a lot of fun to sneak a ton of titles in, with only a few other fellow fans realizing what I was doing. I won't say my sister's married last name for privacy reasons, but her husband has a last name that is associated with AIO, so that was the source of my inspiration. He hadn't listened to AIO previously, so he didn't catch any of it. ;)

After trying to come up with something good for the game, I wonder if being able to add small filler words (the, a, in, and....) would be acceptable. :anxious: It sure would open up more possibilities.

Here's my attempt:
The Decision: Letting go, With a little help from my friends.
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Catspaw

Cash on hand: 9,497.57
Bank: 1,958.31

Postby Peachey Keen » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:14 pm

Catspaw wrote:Years ago when my sister got married, I was her maid of honour, and I was totally stuck when I tried to write my speech...until the idea struck me to use AIO episode and album titles. Obviously then I used other words as well, unlike in this game, but it really was a lot of fun to sneak a ton of titles in, with only a few other fellow fans realizing what I was doing.

That's such a cool story! Would be able to share a sample of that speech with us in the future? It sounds like fun!

Catspaw wrote:After trying to come up with something good for the game, I wonder if being able to add small filler words (the, a, in, and....) would be acceptable. :anxious: It sure would open up more possibilities.

That makes sense. I updated my original post to allow for conjunctions. Thanks!

Here's a new sentence I came up with:
It's all about me [and] my girl, Hallie.
You have a geek in me. An AIO one, actually.
Apple Podcasts|Google Podcasts|Spotify
I love the ToO!
Peachey Keen

Cash on hand: 756.48

Postby Smaug the Dragon » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:10 am

Fun idea! Here's my try: Between you and me, something's got to change Aubrey's bathrobe...
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
Smaug the Dragon

i bpraiseach ceart

Cash on hand: 533.38
Bank: 1,054.24
Blog: View Blog (4)

Return to Whit's End