Soul (2020)

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Soul (2020)

Postby Monica Stone » Fri May 22, 2020 1:12 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsLIiB ... e=youtu.be
Barring any delays, Pixar is releasing another new movie on November 20, 2020! What are your thoughts? Is this a movie you are anticipating?
I got this...
Monica Stone

Watching Pixar movies :-D

Cash on hand: 223.66

Re: Soul (2020)

Postby Petrichor » Fri May 22, 2020 9:27 pm

I'm excited for it! I like the music in the trailer. \:D/ My knee-jerk reaction is that it looks like a combination of Coco and Inside Out, but I'm sure they wouldn't be making it if it wasn't a unique story. I kind of hope that it's more based in the real world than the trailer makes it appear, otherwise it really will be an awful lot like Inside Out. But I guess I'll just have to wait and see!
I'm finally not a No0b
Petrichor

The best is yet to come.

Cash on hand: 55.75
Bank: 1,276.65

Re: Soul (2020)

Postby Monica Stone » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:45 pm

Petrichor wrote:My knee-jerk reaction is that it looks like a combination of Coco and Inside Out, but I'm sure they wouldn't be making it if it wasn't a unique story. I kind of hope that it's more based in the real world than the trailer makes it appear, otherwise, it really will be an awful lot like Inside Out. But I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

I definitely see the resemblance between Inside Out and Soul in particular. I think the movies will be very different thematically, even if the exploration of the soul is somewhat similar to the exploration of the mind. This movie even seems to have two main protagonists who are opposites, similar to Joy and Sadness. I see the resemblance between this and Coco but not too strongly. I trust Pixar to make the aforementioned films very different from each other, but I won't be completely surprised if this is similar to either of the movies. I believe this movie has the same director as Inside Out, so that is something of note. This doesn't take away from my excitement in the least, but I think it's interesting to draw parallels. I can't wait to see it :)
I got this...
Monica Stone

Watching Pixar movies :-D

Cash on hand: 223.66

Return to Harlequin Theatre