Chronicles of Narnia

Discuss the books or the movie here!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Ferder wrote:The English version is already up. Just head over to www.comingsoon.net and they'll give you the link to it.
cool trailer, BTW. The last half was the best part. It was exciting to be able to first see the first trailers for two movies I've been really looking forward too in the same day (if you're wondering what other movie I'm talking about then go to commingsoon.net)
Thank you Ferder!!! I believe that :thud: is the most accurate description of the trailer. It certainly lives up to my expectations thus far, except that some of the stuff is obviously computer generated. I loved it. Can't wait for the actual movie.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Check out this awesome trailer!!! I am sooo seeing this in theatres!!! It looks soo awesome!!!! http://movies.channel.aol.com/franchise ... rnia_movie
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I agree some of it looks very exciting. I like who they picked for Peter.

However, some of the animation looks too cartoonish.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

-Bennett Charles wrote:I agree some of it looks very exciting. I like who they picked for Peter.

However, some of the animation looks too cartoonish.
Animation? I was under the impression everything is live action or CGI. :-s
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

CGI is animation. Just done on a computer rather than in the traditional sense. For proof, look at ROTK. WETA Digital went to Peter Jackson for "animation approval" on a horse crash scene. The horses and Nazgul were CGI, but nevertheless animated. The same goes for the Incredibles. CGI is a type of animation.

They will also use matte paintings and miniatures.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Me wrote:CGI is animation. Just done on a computer rather than in the traditional sense. For proof, look at ROTK. WETA Digital went to Peter Jackson for "animation approval" on a horse crash scene. The horses and Nazgul were CGI, but nevertheless animated. The same goes for the Incredibles. CGI is a type of animation.

They will also use matte paintings and miniatures.
My mistake. :-# I simply didn't see the relationship between "cartoonish" and "CGI." :anxious: Naturally, I assumed . . .
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

lol. You learn something new every day (although I question the validity of that statement).
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

I assume that since it's only an early trailer, that most of the FX shots will have a fair bit more work done on them before Christmas (though, knowing how it works in the movie industry, it'll be hard for them to get them all ready in time).
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I would certainly hope so. Most of them don't stand up to frame by frame analysis.
Fletcher
Hexadecimal teenager
Location: Smallville, Kansas, with regular commutes to Odyssey, Ohio

Post by Fletcher »

The trailer looks awesome! I can't wait for the movie! I've been waiting forever. =P~
EUGENE IS BACK!!!
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I may even see it in theatres!
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Awesome, Jman! Only 213 days, 2 hours, and 40 minutes. #-o
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

cool a movie that i will consider consider seeing.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

By the looks of the trailer, this is a movie I want to see! There aren't many good movies out there. This looks like one!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The New Straits Times recently posted an interview with Tilda Swinton, who plays the White Witch in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Here's a portion of the interview.

-----

Q: The Chronicles of Narnia is the first film director Adamson has made with real-life actors (his previous films were Shrek and Shrek 2). Did that make you nervous?
A: No, I think we’re greatly privileged, as human beings, to be working with him, ’cause we’re the first humans he’s ever directed (laughs). And it’s great, because he’s really interested in the drama of this. I mean, the creatures in the film and the effects — which will be amazing — he knows that stuff inside out. But he’s so interested in us humans! You’ll probably find the next film he makes will be a tiny independent with about five actors in a room, though I think he might be booked for another Narnia film already.

Q: And how about the look of your character? It sounds like the costume is amazing.
A: Well, the look of the White Witch is something we all thought a lot about and all worked on very hard. The character, Jadis, created Narnia as a state of mind and then she froze it. So I have this fantasy that she doesn’t even have a body really. She’s just this alien but she knows she needs to dress, so it’s as if she just covers herself up in a bit of Narnia. So the dress is made out of a substance that’s a little bit like the bottom of an amazing waterfall I saw in the middle of New Zealand. So it’s like the White Witch is made of water or ice, or smoke, or, something natural. And being the epitome of, of all evil, of course, and this comes very strongly from the book, she’s covered in fur. And she has hair that doesn’t look like hair, it looks like it’s come from the ground — maybe it’s roots or something. And her crown is made of ice, and it melts throughout the film, so it’s not going to look like a costume that she got out of a wardrobe anywhere. It’s like she just whipped it up out of somewhere. And I wish that it were really a computer generated costume [laughs] ’cause it was really difficult to wear! In fact, it’s all real…

Q: And what accent does the White Witch speak with?
A: Oh, I use my own accent. She’s a very English queen!

Q: So are you are excited about seeing the finished film?

A: In more ways than you can imagine probably. I mean, this is Narnia, this set, this place, and this team of people. You know, people are waiting for Narnia, and they’ve been waiting for Narnia for generations. And I do believe that Adamson is exactly the right person to make this film. Doug Gresham, the stepson of the author C.S. Lewis, was here the other day and before he left, he told me how happy he was that he had waited so long for the right people to make the film and he was going away feeling very secure. I mean, that put the icing on it for me!

Q: And finally, did Andrew tell you why he and the producers of the film offered you the key role of the White Witch? It’s sort of the role of a lifetime, isn’t it?
A: Oh, you’d have to ask them (laughs).

Q: Do you think it’s because you’re tall?
A: Probably! (Laughs) I’m very tall, very white and very, very evil!

-----

You can read the full article here.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Excuse the double-post. :anxious:

Here are some screen captures from the trailer. :)

J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Wow, those are quite nice..
...I hate marquees.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, those look great! \:D/ Seeing all this advance stuff is making me really want to see the movie, and we have to wait until December! :( Thanks, Trent!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Who is doing the digital FX for this. I know WETA Digital is doing some stuff, but didn't they say that Rythm and Hues is the main FX house? If so, then Massive will be used. They bought at least one liscense to it.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Very nice images. :)
Thanks Trent! :hug: