Chronicles of Narnia

Discuss the books or the movie here!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Seeing the preview before Star Wars III was so awesome! Now I want to see it even WORSE than before! I can hardly wait, but wait I must! THe music sounded awesome as well. I hope the CG lion looks good, I didn't get to see him much in the preview. I hate fakey looking CG.

I am Susan by the way, but all of the kids look awesome!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I was hoping to see a preview for Narnia when I saw SW: Ep. 3, but they didn't show it at the theatre I was at. :( I'm looking forward to seeing the movie still, though!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

LovedByGod wrote:I am Susan by the way, but all of the kids look awesome!
No, you're a Jennifer. :noway:
Catspaw wrote:I was hoping to see a preview for Narnia when I saw SW: Ep. 3, but they didn't show it at the theatre I was at. :(
Same here! I was looking forward to seeing it, too. :insane:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Let's us all give a wave for CON! Do you think the Christian message will be filtered out? Is that even possible if they follow the books?

:thewave:
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

:thewave:
LovedbyGod wrote:Do you think the Christian message will be filtered out? Is that even possible if they follow the books?
I hope not. In the same way Peter Jackson captured some of the spiritual aspects of Lord of the Rings in his films, I think Disney and Walden Media will do an equally good job maintaining the essence of the Christian message.

NarniaWeb interviewed Douglas Gresham a while back. Here's an excerpt from the full article.

----------------

NW: Knowing C. S. Lewis personally, do you think that he would insist that the books were adapted exactly as he wrote them or that he would be open to the filmmakers’ ideas as long as they did not obscure the meaning of the stories or change anything essential to them?

DG: That’s a tough question. I know that Jack would want to protect the integrity of each of the books, and preserve very carefully the messages that each is intended to convey. I also know that Jack was not enamored of film as a medium of communication because he felt that too little care was taken about what was being said in the movies that he had seen. Also, one of the hardest things to do is to preserve the literary integrity of a book when adapting it to either stage or film, and it is probably far more difficult with film. I think though that Jack would be amazed and fascinated with the wonderful technology that has been developed recently but perhaps less than delighted with the uses to which it has been put. I hope we address that failing to some extent with LWW.

NW: Are there any major differences from the book that we can expect?

DG: That depends on what you mean by "major differences". Obviously a lot of what Jack could do with narrative, we have had to translate into action. Jack could tell about it, we have to make it happen. Also, for reasons of character development, balance and pacing, there will be things in the movie that do not appear in the book. I think and hope that we have added more value to it than we have taken from it. However, as a Narnian purist I ’feel’ that any and every change from the original book is bad and thus have to contend with my emotional attachment to the book warring with my intellectual faculties and understanding of filmmaking. I have probably been a pain in the neck at times to my colleagues in the production. (grins)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Here are the complete details regarding the behind-the-scenes folks:

Director ... Andrew Adamson
Producer ... Mark Johnson, Douglas Gresham
Screenwriters ... Christoper Markus, Ann Peacock, Stephen McFeely
Production Design ... Roger Ford
SFX ... Richard Taylor (Weta Workshops)
Digital FX ... Rhythm and Hues, Sony Imageworks
Concept Art ... Rowan Cassidy
Composer ... Harry Gregson-Williams
Stunts ... Sala Baker

If I remember correctly, Sala Baker was one of the head stuntmen on The Lord of the Rings films.
You could almost say that Sala was the head stuntman. In addition to playing a bunch of random soldiers, he played Lurtz, Gothmog, and the Witch King.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Gothmog? Gorbag? Or did they really use him for the Balrog?
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Doesn't the woman they cast to play the White Witch look perfect for the role?
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

We'll see if she looks scary enough. :anxious:
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Elf of Rivendell wrote:Gothmog? Gorbag? Or did they really use him for the Balrog?
Gothmog is what they called that wierd deformed dude who was in charge of Pellenor fields. Balrog was CG.

They are auctioning off production equipment from lion witch and wardrobe on thurs. in New Zealand.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Me wrote:You could almost say that Sala was the head stuntman. In addition to playing a bunch of random soldiers, he played Lurtz, Gothmog, and the Witch King.
That's right . . . I knew that. #-o
Elf of Rivendell wrote:Gothmog? Gorbag? Or did they really use him for the Balrog?
:lol:

Sala may be a big dude, but he certainly isn't that big. Not for the Balrog suit, anyway. :noway:
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

what is the movie rated

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

To early to know but It will be PG.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

If it's too early to know then how do you know that it's PG?
...I hate marquees.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Well It's to early to know because it's not official yet but thats what it will be. Because G isn't violet enough and PG-13 is to high for them because they want to kids and familys to come. I would say 99.9% it will be PG.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Bmuntz wrote:Well It's to early to know because it's not official yet but thats what it will be. Because G isn't violet enough and PG-13 is to high for them because they want to kids and familys to come. I would say 99.9% it will be PG.
It's pretty certain the movie will be PG-rate due the violence.
Particulary the scene in which Aslan is killed, although I'm positive the actual act will be implied.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Actually, I've heard that they may go with a PG-13. It would make sense, considering the amount of violence in it. There are some pretty graphic goings on. PG is still a distinct possibility though. Only time will tell.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I think it'd be better as a PG13 movie *shrugs* but they want the kiddies to come! And I guess a lot of violence wouldn't be so great.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

LovedbyGod wrote:I think it'd be better as a PG13 movie *shrugs*
So do I. It would be harder to tell the story were it not. We'll see.

I still haven't gotten tired of the trailer. I'm already way to hyped up! Can't wait for another trailer.
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

We've got the video of the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I also have all the books in one big volume, and I love it better than LoTR.

I love Aslan because of who his is supposed to portray. LoTR could never mean so much.
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!