Chronicles of Narnia

Discuss the books or the movie here!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

AIOfan11 wrote:It is going to be SO good! \:D/
what is going to be good

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Why, the movie, of course. ;)
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Why, the movie, of course. ;)
oh ok

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Director Andrew Adamson made a guest appearance at San Diego’s Comic Con on Sunday night, with some exciting news about the upcoming "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" movie. Here's an excerpt from an article:

"Opening the panel up to questions from the audience, they had another surprise in that the Weta guys had "Narnia" memorabilia to give out for the best questions. During the Q ’n’ A, Adamson answered the question on many people’s minds about whether the religious aspects of Lewis’ books will be prevalent in the film version. "These days, people either read it with the spiritual meaning that C.S. Lewis intended or they read it as a great adventure story," he said. "What I was really doing was making a movie that was true to C.S. Lewis’ book, so if you found spiritual meaning in that, you’ll find the same in the movie; if you enjoyed it as an adventure story, you’ll enjoy the movie as an adventure story."

After a few questions, Adamson presented a special montage of footage edited together especially for Comic-Con, including the normal disclaimer that it was a "work in progress." It opened with a scene of Mr. and Mrs. Beaver telling the children the story of Aslan’s return, followed by scenes of Aslan himself in action, and a few shots of Tilda Swinton’s White Witch and General Ottman. There were also a few scenes showing the build-up to the great battle that would be the climax of the film with Peter wearing his armor, eagles dropping rocks on soldiers, as well as the Gryphon and a few satyrs.

Adamson closed the panel by making it official that actor Liam Neeson will indeed be providing the voice for the lion king Aslan and that his parts have already been recorded."
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

That's good news to hear. I am loooking forward to it more and more.
I like this snubs fellow.
General nuisance extraordinaire.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

There's also this:

So, what did Gresham (Douglass) think of the rough cut he saw?

Gresham said "It’s going to blow you away." During the evening, he also made the following comments:

"Absolutely, breathtakingly beautiful."

"Utterly spectacular. So powerful."

"Exceeded even my wildest expectations."

He described the death of Aslan as "staggeringly beautiful and incredibly powerful."
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I hope aslan isnt cheesy....and the voices for the animals like the beavers and stuff isnt cheesy eitheir
Me
An original

Post by Me »

If the trailer is anything to go by, he is far from cheesy, especially compared to the Radio Theatre version.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Me wrote:If the trailer is anything to go by, he is far from cheesy, especially compared to the Radio Theatre version.
The RT version was awesome!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I'm looking forward to seeing Disney/Walden's portrayal of Aslan. It should be interesting seeing if Liam Neeson can pull it off. :-k
Robert Mitchell
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Robert Mitchell »

I have only seen the previews, but the movie looks really good. I have read the books and know what it's about, but this sounds better. The artists had to create over 60 different species of creatures (All different...) Wow!!!
Vote RM for the *Unofficial*! | You Need to See This!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

cutekitten13 wrote:
Me wrote:If the trailer is anything to go by, he is far from cheesy, especially compared to the Radio Theatre version.
The RT version was awesome!
Overall, yes. Except for Aslan. His voice was awful IMO.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing Disney/Walden's portrayal of Aslan. It should be interesting seeing if Liam Neeson can pull it off. :-k
By doubting Liam Neeson you doubt Qui-Gon himself. Trent you have doubted a Jedi! :shame: Be Ashamed. I bet you listen to Backstreet boys to. =;
I like this snubs fellow.
General nuisance extraordinaire.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Robert Mitchell wrote:I have only seen the previews, but the movie looks really good. I have read the books and know what it's about, but this sounds better. The artists had to create over 60 different species of creatures (All different...) Wow!!!
Nothing can beat the books

@me:Yes but it was overall awesome
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Bmuntz wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing Disney/Walden's portrayal of Aslan. It should be interesting seeing if Liam Neeson can pull it off. :-k
By doubting Liam Neeson you doubt Qui-Gon himself. Trent you have doubted a Jedi! :shame: Be Ashamed. I bet you listen to Backstreet boys to. =;
What's wrong with the Backstreet Boys? :-

;)

...and I'm sorry for doubting a Jedi. I apologize. :pray:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Bmuntz wrote:
What's wrong with the Backstreet Boys?
Let me count the ways....
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

cutekitten13 wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Bmuntz wrote:
You evidently missed the wink. :noway:
Me
An original

Post by Me »

cutekitten13 wrote: @me:Yes but it was overall awesome
I won't argue there. They were most/mostly excellent!
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I haven't sen any previews or anything. :( But I am eagarly awaiting the movies!

Hmm...Liam Neeson as Aslan. Not whom I would have picked.....but anything is possible.

I apologize in advance, EK, for doubting a Jedi. :D
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

cutekitten13 wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Bmuntz wrote:
Lol, I don't like them either..
...I hate marquees.