Pirates of the Carribean 2

A trailer! w00t!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

Agh... I was going to see it last night/this morning for a birthday party (one of my friends from church turned 30 just after midnight), but the guy who was supposed to get us tickets waited until like 10 and they were all sold out.

Doesn't matter... I didn't really want to see the movie, especially in the middle of the night.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

It was amazing. I felt like a lot of it was setting up for the next one cause there were a number a question left unanswered. But anyway, it was great. Jack was amazing! Wish there would have been more sword fighting cause I loved that in the first one. Once again, good movie. I'll probably see it again in theaters so I catch everything that I missed this time. I was falling asleep cause I went to the midnight showing last night.
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

macnut24 wrote:It was amazing. I felt like a lot of it was setting up for the next one cause there were a number a question left unanswered. But anyway, it was great. Jack was amazing! Wish there would have been more sword fighting cause I loved that in the first one. Once again, good movie. I'll probably see it again in theaters so I catch everything that I missed this time. I was falling asleep cause I went to the midnight showing last night.
Jack is so funny! I'd like to watch it again too, for the same reasons. WARNING: It has a very unsatisfying ending! Now we have to wait for POTC 3 - May 2007 ](*,)

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

AHHHH! I actually get to go see it today! I didn't think I'd see it for ever! YAY! \:D/
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Two words for you... WOW! That was a good movie. I would say the first one was better, though, for two reasons:

1. The first was WAY more family friendly. #2 had 10x as many deaths wich were 2x as grisly, and the dresses were lower cut, and tighter pressed.
2. This one was a MAJOR cliffhanger. It's going to be alot like The Matrix; The first one stands alone, but if you see the second, you HAVE to watch both the first and third.

The third one (POTC 3: At Worlds End) isn't even going to conclude it satisfactorly... satisfactorily.... whatever. They're going to go to the 'and of ta worlt an' beyond' which is China (go figure) MAJOR MAJOR SPOILER ALERT[size=0]to bring Jack back to life[/size] and then while they're there they're going to fight chinese pirates (Chow Yun Phat) in an totally unrelated supernatural adventure with an undead monkey!

So anyway, back on topic. I'm not letting my six year old little brother watch POTC 2: DMC. You should not watch it expecting it to be as clean as the first (ha!) Only watch it if your not squeemish around implied grisly deaths (no not like Saw) and a bird plucking someones eye out.

And yes, I will be going again today. And probably Sunday too.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Man, like, all the theatres here were sold out, so I didn't get to see it yet! WAHHH! :mecry:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I don't really want to see it... :anxious:

I probably will when it's in the cheap theater or a rental, though...
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

My advice. Wait till video and then like rent it like the night before you watch the third. That way, you won't be killed by so much anticipation and waiting for the conclusion of this massive cliffhanger.

BTW, it's not as violent the second time around. ;)
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I hope POTC2 comes to Europe quickly! \:D/
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

I went to the midnight showing, and I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!! It was SOOOOO good! And Jack was SOOO funny! It was good to see some fresh stuff from Jack. I missed him. :boohoo:

I agree, the ending was AWFUL!!!! I loved it to death, but I CANNOT wait to see the third! And someone was telling me that the next one would be out around this Christmas, which sounded kinda off.........
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Ahhh! I'm going to see it Tuesday, and I'm getting a little concerned about this cliffhanger-ish ending! I don't want to have to wait! :mad:

AIOP, the IMDB has the release date for POTC 3 as May 25, 2007 in the US. Less than a year, but further away than Christmas, which would seem rather early!
Kanimoto
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Kanimoto »

My sister and I are going to see it with friends tomorrow. \:D/
In the darkness, the Lurker frantically tries to figure out what is going on.
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

The Wardrobe wrote:Ahhh! I'm going to see it Tuesday, and I'm getting a little concerned about this cliffhanger-ish ending! I don't want to have to wait! :mad:

AIOP, the IMDB has the release date for POTC 3 as May 25, 2007 in the US. Less than a year, but further away than Christmas, which would seem rather early!
Really! After reading that very same article, I didn't even make that connection.

As I was saying, one of my friends mentioned it to me. Now, she knows a camera man whom is working in Hollywood as we speak. And, this cameraman said that they should be realeasing PotC3 around Christmas, around the same time that the PotC2 DVD comes out. This is what this person told me.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Elizabeth Swan wrote:
The Wardrobe wrote:Ahhh! I'm going to see it Tuesday, and I'm getting a little concerned about this cliffhanger-ish ending! I don't want to have to wait! :mad:

Really! After reading that very same article, I didn't even make that connection.

As I was saying, one of my friends mentioned it to me. Now, she knows a camera man whom is working in Hollywood as we speak. And, this cameraman said that they should be realeasing PotC3 around Christmas, around the same time that the PotC2 DVD comes out. This is what this person told me.
I really have no idea what artivle you're talking about. :-s My link only goes to the IMDB's release date page for POTC3. Either your friend of a friend's info or the IMDB's info is incorrect. I guess only time will tell which one will prove to be more useful.
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I was really disappointed... now, I'm not a huge fan of the first movie (only saw it twice and I was entertained, but not amazed), but still, this movie was extremely disappointing. This movie drove home how good of an actor Johnny Depp is, how mediocre of an actor Orlando Bloom is, and how horrible of an actress Keira Knightly is. I thought the plot was filled with holes, really abstract, and just plain odd. The dialogue was good though. I did enjoy that.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Larry The Pickle wrote: in an totally unrelated supernatural adventure with an undead monkey!
...theres an undead monkey in POTC 1...remember Barbossas pet.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

And in the second... and now it will be in the third.

Elizabeth Swan wrote:

Well I heard that it would come out around Memorial Day, so there. The reason it comes out so soon, is because they kept on filming for the third while they started editing and junk for the second, or something like that. They were nice enough to make sure we wouldn't have to wait too long........... BUT THEY STILL FAILED!! ](*,) ](*,)

Edit - please try to avoid double posts. Thanks! - Catspaw
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

*dies* I loved this movie.

I saw it last night... I'm still speechless as to what I should say about it. :P

Sarah
Kanimoto
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Kanimoto »

Same here. Just got back from seeing it. :shock: is all I can say.

God, please help me to live through this year so I can see the 3rd one! :pray:
In the darkness, the Lurker frantically tries to figure out what is going on.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Spoiler Alert. Highlight to Read.

How exactly are they brining Jack back from the dead? They shouldnt have killed him off...it seems rather stupid to kill Jack and bring Barbossa back...