Album 55 and future album speculations...

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
katie2291996
Hexadecimal teenager

Album 55 and future album speculations...

Post by katie2291996 »

Okay, before I go into a loooooong spill about everything I think is going on here, lemme just say that most of you probably don't remember me - I was a message board lunatic two-three years ago.. before I discovered how a "real" life worked! Anyway, I'm only on here to ask a few questions, hopefully get answers, and then go back to my "life" and wait for album 56 (I always order digital download.. no fun, I know.)

First, let me start with Album 55...
To me, the highlight of this album, and really the only part that interested me, was what we learned about Eugene & Katrina. As much as I love Odyssey, I have to say, I've NEVER cried during an Odyssey episode--until I listened to Mend or Repair. But anyway, as much as this news devastated me, I believe they're going to have fun with that one... it opens up a whole new ballgame as to what's going to happen with E & K. Personally, it would make me REALLY happy if they would end up with a "miracle baby" that was never supposed to be. That would further the, "With God, all things are possible" thing..Anyway, the writers are obviously going to "bless" them with a child, or they would've never had the episode where they babysit. Even if they end up adopting.. Which brings me to another point: they do NOT need to adopt a child. Don't get me wrong, I am a firm believer in adoption (I plan on adopting children of my own, if God sees fit), BUT AIO has already focused on MANY adoption/foster kid stories.. and it would make more sense to have a "miracle" to talk about for episodes to come.
I have to say, I'm slightly disappointed that we haven't heard from Leonard and Everett for.. what.. like ten albums? Those episodes are my ALL TIME favorites - and I didn't even know what happened to Leonard and Everett. Apparently I missed the last episode.. I guess I fell asleep or something...? Anyway, I want to know more about them. Where did they go? What happened? Why did they leave? What is Everett like? How old is he? Does Leonard die?

And now it's time for my inner conspiracy theorist to come out:

What if... and DON'T laugh - stranger things have happened.. I mean, seriously, Blagaard resurrected like three times?

What if Jerry (Whit's son) were to miraculously appear? Yes, I'm WELL aware that he died who knows where.. BUT.. how many times have Jason, Mitch, and Blagaard faked their deaths? What if he's been held by the Witness Protection Program for YEARS :-k (after discovering some world-wide conspiracy..) and no one knows - not even Whit - or maybe he does? I'm just thinking it would make for an EXTREME proverbial "dropping of a bomb" on all of Odyssey-kind. And I don't know how old he is, but IF he ever "came back", he could marry Connie........ Crazy idea, I know.. They should really ask me for input. I could really have fun with this.

And I think somebody should end up back in a foreign country.. for something besides a
killer virus powder thingy.. whatever it is that was in 55

I digress...

One more thing and I'll shut up..
Would someone PLEASE do me the favor of creating a chronological timeline for Odyssey from day one through present time, regarding all major characters (Jason, Whit, Eugene, Katrina, Connie, Leonard, and Everett)... Like every major event that ever happened to him? I know SOMEONE has ALL Odyssey albums, and since I obviously don't, it would make me REEEEEALLY happy.. Thanks! Input please? :-
ImageIn a certain erra there lived a trio of swine who sought to construct protective domiciles from the eminant attak of the malevilant canus lupas~~ Eugene Meltzner - I want my BTV
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

Here's a timeline of sorts, but I don't think it's set up in the way you're looking for. Still, it's fun and educational regardless...

http://www.odysseyscoop.com/features/timeline/index.htm
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

katie2291996 wrote: I have to say, I'm slightly disappointed that we haven't heard from Leonard and Everett for.. what.. like ten albums? Those episodes are my ALL TIME favorites - and I didn't even know what happened to Leonard and Everett. Apparently I missed the last episode.. I guess I fell asleep or something...? Anyway, I want to know more about them. Where did they go? What happened? Why did they leave? What is Everett like? How old is he? Does Leonard die?

They go back to Africa to be missionaries, this happens in Album 49. Also Blackgaard was never resurrected, he just had back up plans in place to escape because he knew that with what he was doing if anything went wrong he'd need a way out.
Last edited by Reddo on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Eugene and Katrina will adopt Buck :yes:
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Woody wrote:Eugene and Katrina will adopt Buck :yes:
I would like that. I also like the idea of a miracle baby. Either of those options are fine with me. btw, good to see you drop by katie
ImageImageImage
logos linked
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm mainly interested in the return of Ham as a regular character. Not sure if they are recasting or not... but at this point I don't really care.
Last edited by The Top Crusader on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

The Top Crusader wrote:
katie2291996 wrote:
What if Jerry (Whit's son) were to miraculously appear?
Hmm. Interesting that you mention that. :-
Why is it interesting?
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Buzz wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:
katie2291996 wrote:
What if Jerry (Whit's son) were to miraculously appear?
Hmm. Interesting that you mention that. :-
Why is it interesting?
Adventures in Odenton, of course! :x
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
katie2291996
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by katie2291996 »

Thanks for the speculation. I'm curious as to what the person meant that said, "Funny you should mention that." and quoted what I said about Jerry.
ImageIn a certain erra there lived a trio of swine who sought to construct protective domiciles from the eminant attak of the malevilant canus lupas~~ Eugene Meltzner - I want my BTV
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I think they were just trying to play around with acting like they had heard it and knew something. I think that person was Top so...
Woody

Post by Woody »

Listening to "A New Era" the other day, I figured out the Eugene and Katrina not being able to have kids plot........
Leonard Meltsner will die, and Everett will go to Eugene and Katrina!
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

While I do believe that miracles do and can happen, I think in Odyssey's case it would be better not to bring in a miracle baby. Sometimes it feels like Odyssey has this way of making things almost too good to be real. For example; with just about every agnostic or atheistic character they usually result in becoming a christian i.e. Grady, Kelly, Connie, Eugene, Katrina, exceptions being Brian Dern, Richard Maxwell, Blackgaard, Glossman, Rodney and the Rathbones and perhaps some I'm forgetting. I'm only saying that more characters that isn't a christian and stays non christian would be more realistic for the show.

I would like to see something different for Eugene and Katrina because not every situation like this turns out for the better. It is true that adoption has been tackled some, but I'd like to see Katrina and Eugene become parental figures to kids without actually adopting them. A kid takes a liking to them and they genuinely provide a good role model behavior and love the kid peraps because the kid doesn't get that kind of love from his/her biological parents.

The thought with Leonard and everett coming back is interesting, although I really would like to see more old buisness people come back. Sure it's great hearing the spontaneous come back of characters we haven't heard from in forever. But lately it feels like they've been doing a lot of that. Here's Monty, but you may not see him again for a while. Whoah here's Dale! I'm just saying that it feels forced kinda. I'd rather there be a storyline or something that brings the focus to Leonard, and then from there perhaps bring everett to Odyssey, or both even. But it'd seem really forced to have Leonard get a disease and thus needing Everett to stayy with Eugene and Katrina.
rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

Post by rickyderocher »

katie2291996 wrote:I have to say, I'm slightly disappointed that we haven't heard from Leonard and Everett for.. what.. like ten albums? Those episodes are my ALL TIME favorites - and I didn't even know what happened to Leonard and Everett. Apparently I missed the last episode.. I guess I fell asleep or something...? Anyway, I want to know more about them. Where did they go? What happened? Why did they leave? What is Everett like? How old is he? Does Leonard die?
Leonard and Everett are hanging out at the Whit's End in Connellsville and are busying inventing a new version of BEAVERS. In other words they have gone into the mysterious void known as "well, it seemed like a good idea at the time - but now it doesn't - so we'll pretend it never happened zone".
Woody

Post by Woody »

Jason Whits Son wrote:The thought with Leonard and everett coming back is interesting, although I really would like to see more old buisness people come back. Sure it's great hearing the spontaneous come back of characters we haven't heard from in forever. But lately it feels like they've been doing a lot of that. Here's Monty, but you may not see him again for a while. Whoah here's Dale! I'm just saying that it feels forced kinda. I'd rather there be a storyline or something that brings the focus to Leonard, and then from there perhaps bring everett to Odyssey, or both even. But it'd seem really forced to have Leonard get a disease and thus needing Everett to stayy with Eugene and Katrina.
But Leonard already has a disease. Remember, in "A New Era", Eugene had to give Leonard a kidney, and Leonard was given 10 years at the most to live....