Doctor Who

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Doctor Who

Post by Trixie Belden »

We seriously don't have a Doctor Who thread here? SERIOUSLY?

I can't be the only Whovian on here, although I'm a very, very new one. I started watching about a month ago, and I'm about halfway through the second season. LOVE IT to death. I loved Nine, and even though I was so sad when he regenerated, Ten is proving to be epically awesome.

I watched The Girl in the Fireplace a couple of nights ago with my dad. Scared me half to death with the....thing....under the bed, and then I was just thinking, "WHY do I do this to myself?" But the thing is, it's never truly scary. You know the Doctor's always going to be there, you know that it's going to be okay, and I think that's what keeps the episodes from being truly terrifying.

Thoughts?
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

*headdesk*

*headdesk*

Another falls into the trap of Creepy Who. :(
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

^you can leave if you don't like it. No haters allowed :noway:

anyway, I love Doctor Who. I started with watching Blink (because I heard you could watch it without prior knowledge of Doctor Who) and then I started back at the beginning, wishing Tennant would hurry up and arrive. But, by the end of season 1 I did love the ninth Doctor and was sad to see him go. Season 2 was great, and so on. You have a lot of greatness, sadness and just plain awesome moments to look forward to, Tracie :D

and yay, another convert to a brilliant show! \:D/

(not going to mention season 5 and 6 right now, though season 6 did pretty good making me like the doctor after Tennant.)

Till the end of the line.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

This excites me greatly. :D Which episode did you start with?

I watched A Christmas Carol first, I think that was the one that Lisa recommended to my brother, at least. \:D/ Blink I watched soon after.

As far as the ninth, I've met so many people who are like, 'The ninth is SUCH a let down.' and then they actually watch all of season one and two in the right order and fall in love. \:D/ He was really good, and the first one with Rose(also first of him)...so many good lines. Plus choking with a plastic arm is pure brilliance.

Come now, Pet, you must watch A Christmas Carol. It doesn't really spoil anything, can be watched out of order, and Matt Smith is epic.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I already did, Anne. What about it?
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Whitty Whit wrote:I already did, Anne. What about it?
Youdid? *squeals* Smartest. Pet. Ever. \:D/

Erm. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1672218/quotes

Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

I started with Rose. I actually watched it a few years ago, thought, "Eh, this is cool. Kinda scary, but cool," and I never watched any more. Then, I was looking for good tv shows, remembered that, and fell in love immediately! I LOVE that they make a Christmas special every year. Christmas is my favorite holiday, and together with Doctor Who? How can you get any better than that?

I'm looking forward to watching Blink. Although I think it's an episode best watched in the day time, lol. I know that the Empty Child is supposed to be a really, really scary episode, but I didn't find that one very creepy. I think I was expecting it to be scarier than it was. I found Jamie's story more sad than anything else. I thought that one was interesting, because technically, it all made sense. It wasn't a "supernatural" episode like many of the others are. It was based in science. Science from the 51st century, but still science, which I found interesting.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

The first episode I ever saw was "HEY! WHO TURNED OUT THE LIGHTS!!" (I still don't know the name.) At the time, I thought it was really strange. But intriguing. So I watched it some more, and so far I've watched probably the first three seasons, and I like it. (I haven't watched it in a while, because I can only get it from the library and it's sort of on demand.) It's not like AMAZING (it can be really cheesy at times) but it's good entertainment.

It really gets the most cheesy when they're trying to be all "scary." I did find the werewolf episode remarkably frightening though. \:D/
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Yes, watching Blink in the daytime is a good idea. xD Empty Child was kind of scary I guess, I know what you mean as far as everyone suppose to be 'creeped out' and stuff. But yeah, it wasn't that bad. \:D/ Are you my mummy? Jack's first episode too. :yes:

Ric, Silence in the Library is so unnerving. :P Seriously, it freaked me out...my friend and I are frequently running away from shadows at night. xD I think Midnight was the 'scariest' though.

Oh, and you might not want to watch the following episodes, they're on the edge of being...dark, if not over it. Especially since you're 14. I'm older than that, and it still bothered me a lot. ;)
"The Unquiet Dead" (Season 1 Episode 3 Ninth Doctor) - Kind of Satanic
"The Impossible Planet" (Part 1, Season 2, Episode 8, Tenth Doctor) - Kind of Satanic
"The Satan Pit" (Part 2, Season 2, Episode 9, Tenth Doctor) -Kind of Satanic
"Love & Monsters"(Season 2, Episode 10, Tenth Doctor) - Just plain disgusting.
"The Shakespeare Code" (Season 3, Episode 2, Tenth Doctor) - Witches..
"The Fires of Pompeii" (Season 4, Episode 2, Tenth Doctor) - 'Spirits' and 'Fortune Telling'
"Midnight" (Season 4, Episode 10, Tenth Doctor) - Possessed people, with not even an explanation. Terrible.
"The Waters of Mars" (Special, 2009, November, Tenth Doctor) - Again, no explanation, kind of 'possessed' again.
"The God Complex" (Season 6, Episode 11, Eleventh Doctor) Pretty much says that belief in God is futile, which is SO wrong. It's the most important thing on earth! :D
Last edited by The Kings Daughter on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

lol The Waters of Mars was whacked up.

Same with the God Complex. Didn't watch that one. :P

HEY! Who turned out the lights! Was a pretty good episode. That was freaking awesome.

Rose was awful. Just awful. If I remember it. :P

I want to watch Blink, but everytime I think of it, it's when I'm getting ready to go to bed. :(

Haha about the "Are you my mummy?" They actually reference that when the 10th puts on a gas mask when the master is taking over. I think. Or was that ATMOS...?
#FOREVERKITTY
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

*shudders* Not cool. :P

Freakin' scary sort of awesome.. :noway:

Eh, she wasn't that bad. She did get better the more episodes she was in, though. Her relationship with Micky was weird though.

Nuts. :( Blink is epic. ^_^

Yeah, that was ATMOS. I loved that reference. XD

ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Ya, The Satan Pit...that was just dark...but to tell you the truth, it was pretty well made (in terms of season 2, that is). But I wouldn't watch it. :p
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Satan Pit/Impossible Planet were just wrong >_> And then the Shakespeare episode, too.

Midnight and Silence in the Library were in no way creepy :noway: The latter was one of the best episodes ever =P
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Quackie wrote:lol The Waters of Mars was whacked up.

Same with the God Complex. Didn't watch that one. :P

Haha about the "Are you my mummy?" They actually reference that when the 10th puts on a gas mask when the master is taking over. I think. Or was that ATMOS...?
God Complex...oh goodness, so weird....never want to see it again.

haha that was a great reference, and yeah it was the ATMOS episodes. :D

anyway, I saw Blink at night with my roommate. Though she had seen it before, we held onto each other and jumped at the scary moments. As I've watched it a couple more times though, I see more plot holes.

Rose did improve on me, but I felt sorry for Micky too; but I do like her and Donna; not Martha as much, but she's great too.

Another one to skip (at least for me) is the Daleks in Manhatten and The Evolution of the Daleks.

I also never want to see Unquiet Dead again; I think that might've scared me more than the Satan Pit and the Impossible Planet (which are indeed creepy but still well acted, well written episdoes)
Last edited by Shennifer on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

The unquiet dead? Which one's that one?
#FOREVERKITTY
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I did not like Unquiet Dead. .it wasn't a good episode, either >_>
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Quackie wrote:The unquiet dead? Which one's that one?
Season 1, episode 3, with ghosts possessing dead people. *shudder*

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

With the blue aura type thingy?
#FOREVERKITTY
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Yeah and all the ghost and rising from the dead. And it was almost like demons
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

conquestor wrote:Yeah and all the ghost and rising from the dead. And it was almost like demons
Josh let you watch that one? o.O