Doctor Who Series Preview

I control you all. Fear me. Bow down to me.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Sh'nooka wrote:Pretty good episode, even if my tired brain couldn't pick up all the details of why there were so many Cybermen.
Earlier in the episode they mentioned that people had started to go missing from the park, which was why they shut it down.
Sh'nooka wrote:
Oh, and I'd like to thank the Eleventh Doctor for saying "Allonsy" ;)
Technically, it was Mr. Clever who said it. :-
So, in regards to the last couple of episodes:
I did like "The Crimson Horror"; I found the Doctor's little red spell to be quite fascinating. (I totally figured out that the Doctor was behind the door. \:D/ ) And while I did like the return of our little crime-fighting trio, I thought that maybe they were trying a little too hard with the Straxisms. Over all, though, it was a gooder. :yes:

And as for today's episode, I also really liked it. It had a lot of really interesting story components to it, and it was fun to see Doctor and Mr. Clever battle it out over a game of chess. ^_^ I will admit, though, that I would've been more impressed by the episode if there hadn't been all the Neil Gaiman hype surrounding it. It was a good episode, but I kept expecting to be wowed like I was with "The Doctor's Wife". Still, good job Mr. Gaiman! \:D/
EDIT: Also, you guys heard about the major leak the BBC had, right? A few of the DVD copies of season 7.2 got shipped early, and now they're begging the fandom not to spread spoilers and bribing us with the promise of a bonus clip featuring Ten and Eleven to be released after the finale airs. I hope this goes without saying, but if anyone knows anything about the finale that they shouldn't, keep it to yourselves--don't even share it in the spoiler tabs. Seriously, if anybody ruins the season finale for me, I will eviscerate them. :x
Last edited by Amethystic on Sun May 12, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

ric wrote:
Really? I was more of the opinion that
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Amethystic wrote:
Sh'nooka wrote:Pretty good episode, even if my tired brain couldn't pick up all the details of why there were so many Cybermen.
Earlier in the episode they mentioned that people had started to go missing from the park, which was why they shut it down.
Sh'nooka wrote:
Oh, and I'd like to thank the Eleventh Doctor for saying "Allonsy" ;)
Technically, it was Mr. Clever who said it. :-
still, it came out of Matt Smith's mouth. But why must you ruin this moment for me?
and no worries, Amy, I won't spoiler anything for you even if I had an early copy of the finale.

Till the end of the line.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

T.S. (myself) wrote:
ric wrote:
Really? I was more of the opinion that
You guys are such
trolls. :x
Last edited by Amethystic on Sun May 12, 2013 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I keep trying to find the finale online, but nobody has uploaded it yet. :mad: C'mon, people, it can't be that hard to illegally upload something to the internets! *is desperate* I refuse to read spoilers, but I need to see that episode NOW lol. (Posting it online is not the same as spreading spoilers, as long as we keep our mouths shut about what we've seen, and I heartily promise to do so. :- )
Last edited by Aeva on Mon May 13, 2013 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I know, Aeva! I mean, c'mon! Masterchef gets uploaded, like, the morning after the episode aired, so do us a favor, peeps.
Has anyone seen the She said, He said, prequel?
I expected the 'kids that Clara babysits travelling in the TARDIS' thing to be awesomer. I was kinda disappointed in that respect....
But anyways, yessss, interwebz. Don't do it! Spoilers, how I hate thee. :x
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

That prequel is the reason I'm so desperate. :- I just hope the finale is as good as the hype, because that's always the danger to these kinds of things. You get all excited, and then the end product just doesn't live up to the expectation.

Here it is for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

I do agree that the babysitting bit was slightly disappointing, although I enjoyed Angie's revelations about the Emperor at the end. That part was funny.
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

The Kings Daughter wrote:
The man in the top hat with the Whispermen in the next episode? He's Mr. Cole from 'The Next Doctor'. And we did just see the Cybermen.
And in the trailer Clara says, "I was born to save the Doctor". And it shows her in different places in different outfits. So she's echoing throughout time and space. Parallel occasions? Intro for Tennant and Piper's return in the 50th?

Edit: Strike Mr. Cole from it. His face is too short. Image
Doctor Who and Victorian times..
Uh, they've told us who that is...
it's Dr. Simeon from the Snowmen Christmas Special. They've said for a while now that he and the Great Intelligence will be back for the season finale
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Man of Cheese wrote:
The man in the top hat with the Whispermen in the next episode? He's Mr. Cole from 'The Next Doctor'. And we did just see the Cybermen.
And in the trailer Clara says, "I was born to save the Doctor". And it shows her in different places in different outfits. So she's echoing throughout time and space. Parallel occasions? Intro for Tennant and Piper's return in the 50th?

it's Dr. Simeon from the Snowmen Christmas Special. They've said for a while now that he and the Great Intelligence will be back for the season finale
Really? :anxious: This is news to me.
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

Amethystic wrote:Really? :anxious: This is news to me.
I read that he was to be in the Christmas Special, Bells of Saint John, and the finale.
Promo image for finale:
Wait what? Will we get to see more of Gallifrey? Discuss.
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

O.O Could Clara be a Time Lord?

Actually, nevermind her. If we get to see Gallifrey in all its glory, I couldn't care less about Clara lol. (I still want to know what she is, but that beautiful planet trumps everything for me.)
Last edited by Aeva on Tue May 14, 2013 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Man of Cheese wrote:
Amethystic wrote:Really? :anxious: This is news to me.
I read that he was to be in the Christmas Special, Bells of Saint John, and the finale.
Promo image for finale:
Wait what? Will we get to see more of Gallifrey? Discuss.
I knew about the Great Intelligence, but not Dr. Simeon.
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

So... "Nightmare in Silver".

I thought that Cybermen aside, "Mr. Clever" was both the best thing about the episode and much less, even then, than he could have been which I partly base on Neil Gaiman admitting on Twitter, when asked, that a lot apparently got cut out from the final product?

To be more explicit,
it turned out that an even-smarter evil version of the Doctor was a lot of fun, but I'd expect that to be scary. ... I have heard good things about something from the old show, but I've never seen it.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Amethystic wrote:
Man of Cheese wrote:

Really? :anxious: This is news to me.
Same here. It makes sense, though. O:) Actually my brother just commented about how they looked alike. ;) *feels totally oblivious*

Gallifrey? Please yes.
River and Clara together should be interesting.
Saturday seems like a long time away. :)

I agree, Caswin, the Doctor with two personalities was brilliant. I'm impressed that Matt Smith could change back and forth so fast. :P The Cyber Doctor was so sly and realistic I found myself wanting to slap him. :-
I don't know who I think Clara is, or why she's echoing around history. In the trailer she says, "I was born to save the Doctor". This statement intrigues me to no end. Born of whom? When? On Gallifrey? What? *three more days* *excited*

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I heard a theory that the Great Intelligence and Simeon (I think that's who it is) are at war with the Silence, and Clara was created again and again to save the Doctor, so he could get to the Fields of Trenzalore.
But I don't know, a few details of that seem to have holes in them....
But wouldn't that be far too anti-climactic?
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Joy wrote:
I heard a theory that the Great Intelligence and Simeon (I think that's who it is) are at war with the Silence, and Clara was created again and again to save the Doctor, so he could get to the Fields of Trenzalore.
But I don't know, a few details of that seem to have holes in them....
But wouldn't that be far too anti-climactic?
That's an interesting theory. :yes: By now I'm convinced Moffat could make anything climatic. x)

Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Oooh, I like that theory a lot. The part about a war between the Great Intelligence and the Silence (maybe alluding to the Great Time War that The Doctor had to stop) is interesting, but the idea that someone has repeatedly created Clara throughout history to save The Doctor is even more fascinating.
On the bright side, tomorrow is Saturday! \:D/
Last edited by Aeva on Fri May 17, 2013 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Did anyone notice that in She Said, He Said, Clara seemed a bit smug, while the Doctor seemed almost unhappy, or angry, or simply...I'm not sure.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

I saw it, and.
*cry*/*wide eyes*/*confused*
Moffat! o.o

Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I saw it too....
SDJFHDSOHGSJCSDFSKJ.

I can hardly form a coherent thought about this episode right now. That was the wildest thing I have EVER seen. Mind = blown.