Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

When we go on a trip I'm the person in our family who's designated job is to handle all the food. So today I made a huge list, went grocery shopping, and spent the rest of the time chopping veggies and cooking. The only catch? I have this weird thing where I hate leaving for a trip without doing my nails. (Weird? I know..) So this afternoon I was trying to cook and everything, while not smudging my still slightly tacky nails, and ended up providing quite a bit of entertainment to my siblings. :P

It's all good though \:D/

(Now.... On to that packing :anxious: )
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

I made it into my advanced drama class!
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Carrie Ingalls wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:I just got home a little while ago from being at the polls all day. It was a Democratic primary in our state....oh my word, it was sooooooo slow! 29 people ALL day. :thud: And our precinct was the busiest in the county. Other precincts had 8 or 11 people in 13 hours. It really felt like a ridiculous waste of everybody's time and money. I think we figured out it cost at least over $100 per county voter in the poll workers' labor costs alone! :mad:
Oh my, that is frustrating! And of course you all had the time to calculate that because it was so slow. :)
Be glad that there was a primary. Back in the city, one party hardly ever has primaries and we have trouble getting rid of the weak links in the party because of it. Voters not taking the opportunity to vote is sad. As a former poll worker myself, I've always been disappointed with turn out at my ED.

I can't find my wallet and I'm heading home tonight. Luckily I had funds stored else where but this is the second time I've gone home without it...
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

Since the last time I posted here:
I got a boyfriend, and he is incredible! \:D/
I got a car, thanks to my parents. It is a Toyota Carolla, very dependable. Happiness!
I got a job. I am now a Starbucks clerk at Safeway. Fun times! (still in training, but getting the hang of things)

That's what's up. *smiles* Oh! And since I drive quite a bit, I have pretty much all the AIO CDs I own in my car, and I listen to them all the time! Huzzah! \:D/
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Stayed up really late last night doing schoolwork and watching a movie. So, I didn't get up until noon, but then house painted for about 6 hours. I think I am going to have a repeat of last night tonight. We had reportedly 80-100 mph winds through our county two nights ago. Nothing happened at our house but at work (the Public Library) and throughout town lots of trees fell. One of my best friends had a tree fall on their car. Thankfully everyone is safe and it was just a lot of wind (sounds a lot like most ToOers).
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I fell asleep after midnight and slept straight through until eleven this morning. O.o I haven't slept that much in years... guess I needed it, though. Heh. Started a new exercise program to whip myself back into perfect shape. And then I ate a huge burrito with stuff my mom made, plus a second helping of some things. :( And Nutella. Lots of Nutella. So forget any benefit from my workout this morning. Heh.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

I_<3_Kaka wrote:I fell asleep after midnight and slept straight through until eleven this morning. O.o I haven't slept that much in years... guess I needed it, though. Heh. Started a new exercise program to whip myself back into perfect shape. And then I ate a huge burrito with stuff my mom made, plus a second helping of some things. :( And Nutella. Lots of Nutella. So forget any benefit from my workout this morning. Heh.
Haha, a girl at my school was addicted to Nutella. Her and I both joined Calorie Count roughly at the same time and both of us were successful in losing weight. I lost 20 pounds, which felt totally awesome. RunKeeper and CalorieCount is a dieter's best friends.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I was driving around town today (thrift-shopping) when I decided to hit up some local garbage sales. I stopped at one and searched through it all, and finally at the back of the last box I searched in, I found a bunch of Odyssey CDs! Odyssey at a garage sale! I was so excited. There were four CD albums, all around the Novacom saga. The box said that they were $1 each. I checked my wallet and only had $2 in cash. I thought every place accepted credit cards! :x The box next to it said $0.50, so I took the CDs up to the homeowner and said, "Hello. How much are these CDs?" She said, "Oh, I think all the games are $1 each." WHAT? I explained to her what Odyssey was. She had no idea what she was selling.

Sadly, I walked out of that joint with only two albums. :(

Still, $1 for a couple of Odyssey albums is pretty good. \:D/ I now own Countermoves and Danger Signals.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

american eagle. wrote:I was driving around town today (thrift-shopping) when I decided to hit up some local garbage sales. I stopped at one and searched through it all, and finally at the back of the last box I searched in, I found a bunch of Odyssey CDs! Odyssey at a garage sale! I was so excited. There were four CD albums, all around the Novacom saga. The box said that they were $1 each. I checked my wallet and only had $2 in cash. I thought every place accepted credit cards! :x The box next to it said $0.50, so I took the CDs up to the homeowner and said, "Hello. How much are these CDs?" She said, "Oh, I think all the games are $1 each." WHAT? I explained to her what Odyssey was. She had no idea what she was selling.

Still, $1 for a couple of Odyssey albums is pretty good. \:D/ I now own Countermoves and Danger Signals.
You stole those! Lol, nice though.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

AE, you needed to say, "Will you take $2 for these 4 CDs?" \:D/ Usually naming your own price will get you more success than asking them what THEIR price is. :yes: I wish I could find AIO at yard sales. :(

Today at market, the creepy 80-year-old man that annoys my sister came again. My sister has taken to hiding in our van when we see him coming. :- We thought he had gotten the idea, since he's been passing by, but today he came it to our booth. He told me to tell my sister "That a cold heart is bad for business, but a warm heart is good for business." :- Then he offered me his sausage biscuit. :P No thanks, weird guy.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

So... today I'm actually baking using eggs.. for the first time (the only other thing I've used eggs for really is to scramble or fry them for breakfast). And as you can well imagine, I had no idea what I was doing, trying to whip the egg whites in a plastic bowl. :- Yay for "How to Beat Egg Whites - for Dummies," Yahoo Answers, and all those other helpful things that show up on Google searches. ^.^
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

american eagle. wrote:I was driving around town today (thrift-shopping) when I decided to hit up some local garbage sales. I stopped at one and searched through it all, and finally at the back of the last box I searched in, I found a bunch of Odyssey CDs! Odyssey at a garage sale! I was so excited. There were four CD albums, all around the Novacom saga. The box said that they were $1 each. I checked my wallet and only had $2 in cash. I thought every place accepted credit cards! :x The box next to it said $0.50, so I took the CDs up to the homeowner and said, "Hello. How much are these CDs?" She said, "Oh, I think all the games are $1 each." WHAT? I explained to her what Odyssey was. She had no idea what she was selling.

Local garbage sales? :- :lol: :p
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Today I went swimming and confirmed what I had suspected...the pool it short. It is only 18.3 meters long and I'm used to swimming in pools that are at least 25 meters long.

I also started (again) to try and teach myself to swim the butterfly...it looks more like a moth after it gets half the powder knocked off its wings... :-
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Today one of my cousins got married, making 3 out of 11 now married off. Her younger sister is scheduled to get married next summer.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Today at market, the creepy 80-year-old man that annoys my sister came again. My sister has taken to hiding in our van when we see him coming. :- We thought he had gotten the idea, since he's been passing by, but today he came it to our booth. He told me to tell my sister "That a cold heart is bad for business, but a warm heart is good for business." :- Then he offered me his sausage biscuit. :P No thanks, weird guy.
This was such a funny story. I laughed. It's always interesting to meet someone like that. :anxious: After working at a county park/beach this summer, I will hopefully have some good stories to tell.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
cellogirl
Gold Member

Post by cellogirl »

*dramactic voice* I have returned! Well actually I've been home for about half a week now but I've been catching up on sleep :) The missions trip was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it immensely.

"Oh no. No no no no no no no no no... this is bad, this is very bad, this is really, really bad! They just can't get my nose right!"
"I know not who you are, nor how I came to find you, but may I just say.... Hi..."
"You should know that this is the strangest thing I've ever done!"
"Frying pans! Who knew, right?"
-Flynn Rider

check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/thepianogals?feature=mhee
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

T.S. (myself) wrote: After working at a county park/beach this summer, I will hopefully have some good stories to tell.
Are you lifeguarding there?

I am about to eat a lovely salad by myself in my room...I just got off the phone with my family wishing my father and grandfather a happy father's day.
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

I found that I had packed my wallet without knowing it, making me the smartest dumb person I know. On the way there we discovered that mommy was in the ER with chest pain. Plans to surprise daddy the next day for Father's Day fell apart as we went straight to the hospital. It was just her stomach not liking something she eat though.
What are people doing on trains after 11 pm in the city? I was going to and from a hospital so I understand me... It was Friday so there must have been parties and junk like that.
I'm out of the city again and back in my dorm. City stuff is starting to bother me more and more since I believe God wants me to go back there I'm not sure I like this... Material for sacrifice....
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Carrie Ingalls wrote:
T.S. (myself) wrote: After working at a county park/beach this summer, I will hopefully have some good stories to tell.
Are you lifeguarding there?
Yes, I am, though in a rather loose sense. Mostly I am bored while waiting for customers. The rest of the time I am either reading, eating, or being bored watching the customers.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I'm lifeguarding too and I wish I was able to be bored while working. Unfortunately at the waterpark where I work schools come in. That means that there are like 250-300 crazy kids running all over the facility and it's pretty stressful to watch them all.