What is the last movie you saw?

post it

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

Pat and Mike, somewhat sports movie starring Katherine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy. It is fuunnny :P
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Peanuts Movie. I loved it. Made my heart happy.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Awwww.. D= I still haven't seen it. =[
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Countess
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Countess »

Everyone keeps talking about it^ that and Zootopia.

I watched Thor for the first time.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Part of Pocahontas (1995) Disney on Freeform formerly ABC Family.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I went to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 with a friend today. We really enjoyed it! Lots of laughs and good times, and lots of crazy family fun. There were a few little things that I could have lived without, but overall, a fun movie with (as the title implies) ;) an emphasis on family! There was a nice twist. It made me want to see the original one again - it's been a long time since I've seen it.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Alone Yet Not Alone. It was pretty good. The story is good. The quality is not fantastic. But I still enjoyed it very much. It gave me the feels. I had tears.
#ForeverKitty
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (Disney 2005) on Syfy channel last night. =D> :D
Last edited by Laurie on Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

Kaida wrote:Alone Yet Not Alone. It was pretty good. The story is good. The quality is not fantastic. But I still enjoyed it very much. It gave me the feels. I had tears.
We got that movie for Christmas. It was pretty good, a little predictable how the mom finds the other girl at the end, but still a good one. :)
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I watched Ice Princess today. I hadn't watched it in a long time, and I was looking for something light and fun. This was just right. \:D/ I love watching figure skating.
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

We watched Flyboys with two of our cousins last night. It was a really good movie! Kindof sad... but exciting! Especially since I knew some of the history behind it (the Lafayette Escadrille) already.
Last edited by Lizzy88 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I watched The Pacifier yesterday. I hadn't watched it in a while, and it is a fun movie. It combines all the things I like - action, humour, romance, cute kids, a great payoff on something when you don't expect it, and lots of references to The Sound of Music. \:D/
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Hunt for the Wilderpeople. Utterly fantastic.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I have never even heard of that movie, but the title sounds intriguing!

The last movie I saw was Zootopia. I saw it months ago, but watched it again with somebody who hadn't seen it yet. Fun times! \:D/
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Jungle Book. I liked it better than I thought I would.
#ForeverKitty
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I need to see that movie. I've been told by a lot of people that it's good!

I saw about one minute of Ice Age 5 with some kids. Three different adults, including myself, said, "There's an Ice Age 5?!" You might be old when... ;)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Star Wars (1977)
Mariogeek
Tallying up

Post by Mariogeek »

Watched The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers last night. \:D/
The last movie I saw in theaters was the new Cinderella. =D>
The last new movie I watched in general was Zootopia. I liked the idea of animals in a city but I hated the movie. Very political.
Yo
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Mariogeek wrote:The last new movie I watched in general was Zootopia. I liked the idea of animals in a city but I hated the movie. Very political.
Why is being political a bad thing? Isn't the very purpose of fiction to make us think about real-world issues from perspectives other than our own?

The last movie I saw was Captain America: The First Avenger. I'm trying to catch up on Marvel in time for Doctor Strange. This was the best Marvel movie I've yet watched. There's some real character development present that was lacking in previous films. I found Cap's relationship with Peggy Carter to be the most organic and genuine in the Marvel universe. While I was sad to see them separated, it was also bittersweet. I like it when a film has the courage to break with the norm, even if it's personally heartbreaking. The one thing I would have changed would have been for Cap to have a failure or two early on to cause him to doubt his abilities.
Also, just a guess, but Howard Stark's Arc Reactor is based on the Tesseract?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Woody wrote:
Mariogeek wrote:The last new movie I watched in general was Zootopia. I liked the idea of animals in a city but I hated the movie. Very political.
Why is being political a bad thing? Isn't the very purpose of fiction to make us think about real-world issues from perspectives other than our own?

The last movie I saw was Captain America: The First Avenger. I'm trying to catch up on Marvel in time for Doctor Strange. This was the best Marvel movie I've yet watched. There's some real character development present that was lacking in previous films. I found Cap's relationship with Peggy Carter to be the most organic and genuine in the Marvel universe. While I was sad to see them separated, it was also bittersweet. I like it when a film has the courage to break with the norm, even if it's personally heartbreaking. The one thing I would have changed would have been for Cap to have a failure or two early on to cause him to doubt his abilities.
Also, just a guess, but Howard Stark's Arc Reactor is based on the Tesseract?
I actually loved Zootopia. The political aspect, I thought to be interesting, and the points made against discrimination and prejudice is something I appreciate. The movie was rich and full of lessons and examples, the characters were amazing.

And I also like The First Avenger, it's so pure in itself. Steve is an absolutely wonderful hero, brave and loyal...

I figured that as well Woody. :)
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset